Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread with artwork and words (Nov. 25th MASSIVE ART DUMPING)

Thanks
    Thank you everyone, I appreciate the support. I wish today could repeat itself forever. Started painting and drawing today at 8 in the morning. It's almost 2 a.m. and I need to put my sketchbook down now. so I can get whatever sleep I have leftover. I started my largest painting yet. I put together a 26 x 30 canvas a few nights ago for this session. Crosses fingers for it to turn out decently.

Peace.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    oh man your sketchbook is crazy!! i cant wait to see that big painting finished your making me go crazy wanting to do some life oil portrait painting @__@

Thanks
    It's been a busy week! Got some more art done.

Ryanoir - I hope I can save it! I'm pretty excited, only two days left to fix all the mistakes!

Got a self portrait done for yesterday's event. It was my fathers birthday so after coming home at 8 and setting up lighting and everything else in another room I finished this in a little under two hours. updates on the larger painting. Got a portrait study done over the weekend and tried to reinforce what I posted a little while back. Squint, squint.... Quick update on the plaster cast. Almost done cleaning it and am still planning on painting it. I got some more quick sculpture studies done which will be here a little later on.

If you check out the sketchbook from about two weeks ago you'll notice I was making some sketches for this design. My friend asked me to create a tattoo for him based around this idea of a flying flock of birds. Since they had to be silhouettes, I focused on making each bird unique in its contour and shape. As they grow larger the birds start to come towards the viewer and reaching the top they start to fly back.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Nowak For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    you jsut designed the tats or did you actually tattoo the skin?

oils looks stunning @_@
    and your sketchbook still makes me want to kill myself lol

Thanks
    No way Ryanoir! I didn't want to kill my friend, I only designed it. I never picked up a tattoo gun, but you never know.

1 - This portrait sketch was a little difficult. I didn't watch my proportions as I was working with a limited palette and focused too much on mixing colors. I used titanium white, ivory black, cadmium red medium, and yellow ochre pale.

2 + 3 - Finally finished the 26 x 30. I'm happy about a few things and learned a lot. The one thing I'm upset about is the proportions of the canvas. I wish I had stretched it a little larger both ways to include down to the knees to show a break in the form of the dress.

4 - A quick sculpture a little less than 1/4 scale. Wish I had done it a little larger as it was really difficult doing the face with a toothpick. Sooo...

5 - I started a 1/2 scale of the head of the same model. I decided to work with water based clay instead (bad idea). I've never worked with it, I just knew it was a lot easier to manipulate. I didn't know it was that easy though. I had trouble keeping the form of the planes on the face so I got frustrated and grabbed the skeleton in class for the last 1/2 hour.

6- More practice at the Palette and Chisel. I forgot all my charcoal and only had a stubby 6B pencil, an eraser, and newsprint on me so sorry about it looking so washed out. I suck suck suck suck at gestures.

7 - People on the train and in class. One lady in the hood would not stop moving while she was reading her book. Stopping in on another instructors class after school to get some more drawing in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Nowak For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    the first painting looks reallly really good for the pallette you used!
    and the second turned out absolutley stunning, i do like the proportions of the canvas myself,
    sculptures are awesome aswell! that skull face is real scary hah
    i like your lines too, real organic
    and your moleskine stuff is so fucking beautiful ! ;O;

i was experimenting with limited pallette yesterday too, i used alizarian, pibara, and cadmium reds with ivory black and zinc white, it was so challenging until i added the cadmium which was almost orange so it really made the study warm so i used it on another painting too, soo cool how some paints do that!
    good job with anything, i want to see more!

Thanks
    nice stuff! did they have models at evil olive?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 333 Posts
    Damn, such inspiring work and consistency! I love the oils sculpts and sketches equally, keep it up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man, that portrait is so formy, I love it. Very nice stroke economy and shape design in your paintings man, they are dope. Would love to see you paint some really weird stuff, but thats just me because I'm fucking weird. hahaha. Cheers!

Thanks
    The alla prima head studies are absolutely mental- your forms are so solid and your paint-handling and colour observation is incredible

amazed to see so much progress in a year's worth, keep up the works
    "The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it. Anything that you believe you can do strong enough, you can do. Anything. As long as you believe."
    Bob Ross
    'Updates every other decade' Book
    Death by Hue Shift!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    inspiring sketchbook man keep up the hard work
    have a good one
    -Jamie

Thanks
    ryanoir - Pibara? What's that? And you know what, having a full palette and knowing what to do with it is like having just enough dessert to fill you up but not enough to get you sick. It's great to be able to get such a wide range of tones, but limited palette's really help even more and I find them challenging. So when there's another figure study to do and it's nothing major I try to limit my palette to usually one of each primary + white or add one extra primary.

Jason Scanlon - Yes they did!

tehmeh - Thanks dude, I gotta say the same thing to you. Been following your work for a while now.

Metal Fingers - lol, that just happened to be a really good day. I probably will fall to a bit of different stuff eventually, I just love what I'm doing right now.

Aberzheim - Thank you very much man, I appreciate it.

OmertA - Thanks, you too!

---------------------------------

Tonight's portrait study, Kirsten. 12 x 16.

Thanks
    oh thats a good way to work
    oopps Pilbara A thread with artwork and words (Nov. 25th MASSIVE ART DUMPING)

its just red ha
    really realy dig this last port too, how big?

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast