Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Thanks

Ideation and Portfolio Review!

Thank you all,

I really enjoyed both the Ideation class and the Portfolio Review!

The work was diverse and interesting to talk about. Jason really understands the needs of the students interested in developing a portfolio for a career in gaming. I actually was learning a lot, my focus was on the picture making aspects, information concerning composition, color, drawing, posing and narration.

I had a great time and I really appreciate the introduction to this site!

I look forward to more!

John

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 586 Posts
    The ideation lecture was great, but more than anything, thanks for the portfolio review! Really, really needed that kick in the butt, 'cause most of the comments I got are things I'm just not hearing in school. It's good to know what about my art is working and what isn't, so thanks so much Jason, John and Sterling.

Thanks
    I had so much fun learning from this, it was so good to be able to see the steps to make in trying to create something that was formed from your own perspective and veiw, Other than somthing purely derivitive.

the portfolio reveiw was an eye opening experience. I really enjoyed the way that good artists to look at were named too, many of them i doubt i would have discovered on my own.

Both Classes have resulted in a long list of goals and longterm achievements that i aim to complete no matter what it takes.

One of the key things that was mentioned though, that really spoke to me is that you do have to slow down, that you shouldnt attempt everything at once, that you should build your core skills first and foremost, as well as how to go about that.

Best weekend i had in ages.
    Totally recommend it.

......and jason is such a tease about big secrets.

Thanks
    Sidharth and Girbil- thank you for the enthusiastic response. I hope that the information that we passed on will be useful long into your careers.

best regards,

Sterling

Thanks
    Aaaaah, I bought this a while ago, but still haven't been able to watch it. Been working nonstop at my two jobs, and spending the latenight hours on schoolassignments! Hope it isn't going to be taken down any time soon!
    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4