IDEA DEVELOPMENT FOR ARTISTS: by Jason Manley & the Illustration Academy! Oct 10 - Page 2

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    thanks Cacodaemonia

7h 15min 52s left

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    So this was the opportunity to know some of your Masters! I can't make it this time. I really hope you will repeat ALL this one Jason, there has to be a lot of people like me that would be willing to have your opinion about their work.

Thanks
    Woo! cant wait I missed these guys when they did the academy at RCAD, my roommate went though and recommends them highly

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 586 Posts
    Gahh, my order's still pending review and there's only 15 minutes left! Anything I can do?

Thanks

Help

I bought the class last night, but I still haven't received any info about where to go to watch it. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
    Still pending

Thanks
    Pending for me too.

Thanks
    This is a great opportunity I attended the Illustration Academy 10 years ago and it was great!

Thanks

The Academy!

David-

Good to hear from you and thanks for the kind words concerning the Academy!

I have been checking out your gallery work, really great stuff.

I hope to catch up with you in the near future.

John

Thanks
    Thanked 10,988 Times in 2,554 Posts
    That was the most fun I have had on a Sat and Sun in a long time. So great to see all the work from the Illustration Academy and the folks in the portfolio reviews. I feel like I got my art fix. Thank you all.

Jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 30% off!

Thanks
    Jason & John, thanks again for the portfolio reviews! I learned a lot, both from the crits of others as well as the one on my own stuff.

The IDEA class was good by itself, the portfolio reviews icing on the cake. I'll be honest, the ideation part was not as useful to me as it could have been --- I had lots of "brainstorming" training through a management degree. However, this class was very useful and taught more than just "brainstorming". I'm glad I took it!

-ckmoore

Last edited by ckmoore; October 11th, 2009 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thank YOU, Jason, John, and Sterling!

--
    Paper Nautilus
    Sketchblog
    CA Sketchbook
    Twitter
    DeviantArt page

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.
    -Mary Hollinshead

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Yep thanks for hanging in there yesterday John and Jason It went on for quite a bit longer than planned but the portfolio reviews were great. I learned a few things from hearing the crits on other peoples work too.

Thanks
    Thank you so much John, Sterling and Jason, the class was fantastic. I'm super excited about my next painting now, I can't wait to apply all that I have learnt!
    And special HUGE thank you for the portfolio review. I really needed that kick in the behind. I can't stop thinking about composition now, haha. Thanks again!

Shreya

Thanks
    I wasn't able to watch the ideation stream yet (due to lagging) but the portfolio review was just great.....I couldn't stop watching and hearing Jasons and Johns crits and suggestions on all the portfolios. (though it was 2 am hehe)

The most valuable hours in a long time......thanks so much for that. If this kind of teaching gets emphasized on the new ca platform, I'll give you all my money to get this thing started!! (well It's not much money, but something..)

Thanks again!

cheers

Andi

Thanks

Ideation and Portfolio Review!

Thank you all,

I really enjoyed both the Ideation class and the Portfolio Review!

The work was diverse and interesting to talk about. Jason really understands the needs of the students interested in developing a portfolio for a career in gaming. I actually was learning a lot, my focus was on the picture making aspects, information concerning composition, color, drawing, posing and narration.

I had a great time and I really appreciate the introduction to this site!

I look forward to more!

John

Thanks
    The ideation lecture was great, but more than anything, thanks for the portfolio review! Really, really needed that kick in the butt, 'cause most of the comments I got are things I'm just not hearing in school. It's good to know what about my art is working and what isn't, so thanks so much Jason, John and Sterling.

Thanks
    I had so much fun learning from this, it was so good to be able to see the steps to make in trying to create something that was formed from your own perspective and veiw, Other than somthing purely derivitive.

the portfolio reveiw was an eye opening experience. I really enjoyed the way that good artists to look at were named too, many of them i doubt i would have discovered on my own.

Both Classes have resulted in a long list of goals and longterm achievements that i aim to complete no matter what it takes.

One of the key things that was mentioned though, that really spoke to me is that you do have to slow down, that you shouldnt attempt everything at once, that you should build your core skills first and foremost, as well as how to go about that.

Best weekend i had in ages.
    Totally recommend it.

......and jason is such a tease about big secrets.

Thanks
    Sidharth and Girbil- thank you for the enthusiastic response. I hope that the information that we passed on will be useful long into your careers.

best regards,

Sterling

Thanks
    Aaaaah, I bought this a while ago, but still haven't been able to watch it. Been working nonstop at my two jobs, and spending the latenight hours on schoolassignments! Hope it isn't going to be taken down any time soon!

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 23