Attention Employers: Please read these guidelines
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Attention Employers: Please read these guidelines

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Attention Employers: Please read these guidelines

When posting a job offer, please double check that you are including enough information on the job. It should probably include most, if not all, of the information below.

A good description of the job
    Makes sure you are giving artists a decent idea of what you are looking for. For example, "looking for artist for 4 page comic" is not enough information. What kind of comic is this? What genre? Do you need pencils only, or inks and color? Can you provide a brief summary of the concept (or at least a teaser to give the artists an idea if it's something they are interested in)?

Compensation
    If you have a set budget in mind, be up front with it. If you don't have a set budget, be clear that you are asking the artists to submit their rates. Don't leave the question hanging in the air.

Deadline
    If you have a deadline, it wouldn't hurt to make it known right from the beginning. If it's open, that's good to know too.

Usage
    If it's not otherwise clear, it would be good to know how the art will be used, as it will affect pricing, and probably the method of creation and delivery.

Contact information
    This is a big one that people forget somehow. Give people a way to get in touch with you. Providing your email is probably best. If you prefer not to do that, you can ask artists to respond via private message on this forum. DO NOT ask for job seekers to respond in the thread itself. We try to keep this sub-forum as clutter free as possible, for the benefit of employers and job seekers both, so communication between individuals should be done in private. Information or questions of interest to everyone is of course welcome in the threads.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to J Wilson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Might want to mention that you cannot use your email in a post. that will prevent it from posting. This held me up for a week and caused my selection of artists to dwindle because of time constraints.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JDooley, I've never noticed that to be true. Do you know that is what held your post up? If anyone has a problem with a job post not going up when it should, feel free to PM me and I'll check into it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have tried to post a thread 2 times, but failed. I don't know why, who can help me? thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Question, can't you build a program where it automatically detects the "email sent" phrase---not to outright delete it---but to notify/ask you for permission to get rid of it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From time to time there are ads for "back end pay" jobs. Often these jobs have no guaranteed pay, but they offer a percentage of the potential profits that may result from publication. It's my understanding that these jobs belong in the "unpaid jobs" folder but I don't see it mentioned in any of the stickied threads.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PsiBug:
    ConceptArt.org Forums > EMPLOYMENT > JOB LISTINGS & EMPLOYERS
    AttN: non paying jobs go in the non paying jobs section please. thank you.

Posting by Jason Manley

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton View Post
    PsiBug:
    ConceptArt.org Forums > EMPLOYMENT > JOB LISTINGS & EMPLOYERS
    AttN: non paying jobs go in the non paying jobs section please. thank you.

Posting by Jason Manley
    Ahhh. Excellent, thank you! I had read all the stickies in the freelance jobs and small freelance jobs folder but had not scrolled down and spotted the 3 stickies in the parent folder. Now I can link to it like a Boss!

-Mikey

Members who have read this thread: 66