ConceptArt.Org Benefit Show- Streaming Live in just a few hours - with Android Jones
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: ConceptArt.Org Benefit Show- Streaming Live in just a few hours - with Android Jones

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,573 Times in 2,182 Posts
    Follows
    Following

ConceptArt.Org Benefit Show- Streaming Live in just a few hours - with Android Jones

Hey all,

We are doing something very special tonight, at a last minute jump in and help as best we can.

Please join us for this very special live painting demonstration and presentation by the one and only Android Jones. We are doing an impromptu benefit show to support the charity Project Hope. Android Jones is going to be doing a live streaming painting directly from Massive Black in San Francisco and it is being streamed to the event which is raising awareness for great causes in Africa.

Things Project Hope does:

You know your laptop and wacom and iphone and tech gadgets all around you? Well those contain minerals like tin and others. Those minerals are being mined out of Africa by unpaid and child workers. Project Hope works with artists like Common and Dave Matthews amongst others to make this happen. Shepherd Fairey is also a big supporter. It is founded by Andi Skull and her husband. He was the first western observer of the Darfur Genocides and is the person behind the documentary The Devil Came on Horseback.

This fundraiser is going to assist Sawa Sawa Fest in Kenya which provides hundreds of jobs to creatives in wartorn Africa and the surrounding region.

Andrew is going to be doing a live digital painting from his Fine Art series and will be showing how artists can communicate to help improve the world with images. Please join us.

When: TODAY (in just a few hours) 7PM Central Standard Time (austin texas time)
    Where: Right here on CA.O http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...28#post2457228
    How Much? A tiny ten bucks!!! Purchase at the link below:

http://store.conceptartstore.com/prhbe.html

Help make the world a better place. Join us in a few hours for some fun. This will stream for 7 days so you can also pick it up and watch it this weekend or early next week too.

Last edited by TAD Admissions: Scott Richeson; October 1st, 2009 at 05:54 PM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,573 Times in 2,182 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    We are doing this for 10 bucks. I really hope you all will support the cause. It is worthy. Check out www.hopecampaign.org for more info. This is the real deal.

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The Devil Came on Horseback is an amazing documentary. We had it as part of the United Nations Association Traveling Film Festival that I have been a part of and Co-chaired in my area. This is definitely a worthy cause and a legitimate group doing some really forward moving activities in Africa. This is an amazing deal to see Andrew at work and to help a little with a big problem

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just paid for it, even though I have no idea if I'll actually be able to attend it at all (it'll be 3am once it starts here...) but I figured 10 bucks won't be missed. Hope everyone will have a good time watching Andrew do his magic

Any chance for it to be on-demand later on?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.