Sleep paralysis - Page 3

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sleep paralysis

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it happened to me once. I woke up on my right side and there was this very real feeling that something or someone was in bed with me, hugging me from behind. Then i realized that i couldn't move at all and started to violently shake my head in an attempt to move or wake up or figure out what the fuck was going on.

I think i just went back to sleep after that...it may have been a dream though.

Speaking of frightening things that happen when you sleep, anybody else had dreams where you're just scared shitless for no reason whatsoever and wake up drenched in sweat even though there was nothing particularly scary about that dream? And no, i haven't had any traumatic experiences...that i know of.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    An official "Dream Log Thread" would be pretty cool in the lounge.

I mean this is a site of artists, and there's bound to be some weird and amazing shit going on in peoples heads that others would find interesting and possibly artistically inspiring as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by vampire cervix View Post
    Speaking of frightening things that happen when you sleep, anybody else had dreams where you're just scared shitless for no reason whatsoever and wake up drenched in sweat even though there was nothing particularly scary about that dream? And no, i haven't had any traumatic experiences...that i know of.
    thats what happened to m. night shyamalan and the happening.
    he had a dream that he was scared shit-less, running for his life with a group of people and just before he woke up he turned around to see what was chasing him and the wind blew a fucking tree. woke up scared to death and thought, that would make a GREAT FILM!!!

no.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDirtSyndicate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That used to happen to me when I drank a lot: shadow people and the feeling that they were laying on top of me. It was also disturbing because I would be half awake and trying to rouse myself completely, but it took a tremendous effort, and it was frightening to be stuck like that. Happy early Halloween.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    necro thread on sleep-paralysis resurrected by spam-bot selling mattresses...hahaha priceless!

Staying on topic I have had sleep paralysis during my college heavy drinking days and I had a lucid dream where I remember thinking 'look at your hands, you can control your dream' so I looked at my hands and then saw things clearly and I remember getting excited and thought 'time to try and fly' and at that point I can't remember anymore, I feel robbed

Last edited by Angel Intheuk; October 14th, 2011 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My bad; I knew it was an old thread but I wasn't phased by the "mattress" clue. That is perfect though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This reminds me of those times when I fall asleep in the backseat, and when I wake up too slowly I get paralyzed for awhile. It's like my mind is already half-awake, but my body isn't, so I try to wiggle a finger or anything in the hopes that that'll wake me up completely, but most of the time I'll be stuck frozen like a statue. That's when the panic kicks in and I wonder if I'll fall back asleep and die of asphyxiation (if there isn't a window open; otherwise I'm just scared of being paralyzed). Thankfully, though, I've never seen any creepy dark shapes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have night terrors, more a sensation then actually seeing something ):

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The resurrection caused me to learn about Exploding Head Syndrome, though so I'm glad I read this old thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I,ve seen shadow figures but that was in the middle of the day... This one time I was walking home from school and I saw a shadow that looked like the grim reaper. At first I just looked at it, but then I got really scared and started running. I looked back and it was just standing in the sam place staring at me. This was pretty close to my house and we didn't have any close neighbors.
    After that I haven't seen that many figures, just a couple of dark things walking around the house wich I can only see in the corner of my eye.
    I also used to have the same nightmare night after night... I dreamt that I was in a forrest at night and something was coming after me, it would always end by me dying. I dreamt this dream for a very long time.
    I also have dreams where I dream that I am awake and trying to sleep. So when I wake up in the morning it feels like I haven't slept at all, haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aaron Sims' Paralyzed.

bart

Clochette: Talent is the ability to work your ass off, you fool. You're right not everyone has it. Some people rather waste time in stoopid argument and trolling.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Most people I've talked to about this seem to look at me funny. The last one I remember was me laying in my bed unable to move while this half dead grey skinned lady with white hair and approaches me. It was absolutely terrifying at the time.

sketchblog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is actually rather common. In asia they call this "ghost squashing" (literal translation), basically meaning you're conscious but a ghost is sleeping right on top of you so you can't move.

It happened to me a couple times, but the scariest of them all is when I'm dreaming...and I know that I'm dreaming but I can't wake up. Then I can feel that I'm actually slowly suffocating, and I try my best to struggle and wake up just to find out that a pillow or something is covering my face in real life. Not really the same...but related...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Joncameronli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am a sleep talker, been told so by many people i know. Don't think i sleep walk though. The other day my flatmate told me he went to the toilet in the middle of the night, about 4am, and heard me, what he said sounded like 'making a point in an alien language'. He said he couldn't place what i was saying to any language from Earth, but said that it sounded like i was making my point very clear, or something like that. He wrote it down on his cell phone. Apparently:
    Devi pg is pyre utts cachi thigo jjj feeded the hi gibbl
    I would talk about the most intense nightmare i've had, which i actually self-inducted, but this isn't really a thread on nightmares. The videos below come pretty close. Sort of a cross between those creatures, the original Nosferatu vampire and the long-legged Chimeras from Resistance.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I've had sleep paralysis. I was looking around my room and I could see demon dogs; huge things with blood red eyes and teeth that could cut you open in seconds. They were circling around me and wispy lines were curling around my wrists (I have a phobia of wrists, so it made it worse for me!) and were trying to drag me down into hell.

I tried to scream but nothing came out! It was horrible. It's only happened once, thankfully - and that was one time too much!

my sketchbook
    I upload to Flickr more than I do to my sketchbook.
    You can go there by clicking here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My friend used to have sleep paralysis quite often. Usually accompanied with auditory hallucinations where he was convinced someone had broken in the house and were out to get him. He frequently received death threats so he had all reason to be concerned too.
    His ability to scream came faster than the ability to move. I wonder if that is common?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge Ryan View Post
    Anyone else do that thing where you're right about to fall asleep and you'll envision yourself maybe tripping off a curb or something and your leg will actually twitch and kick the wall?
    The curious thing that happens most often for me is feeling the bed is shaking, like someone pushing it back and fort , or feeling like someone pushes me directly and of course i wake up a bit startled.

And is always when i´m just about to fall sleep,when im kinda half awake. Our minds play pretty weird tricks sometimes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The shadow people seem to be related to what are known as the Jinn, for the most part because they exist in between two dimensions/consciousnesses. I have also heard that they are seeking to get as close to physical bodies as they can because of the high percentage of water in our biological composition.

A lot of ancient writings seem to all agree that water is the quintessential basis of all life; the Egyptians referred to the blackness of space as the "duat" or larger body of water surrounding everything. The theory is that these shadow spirits are "dehydrated," and have an almost sexual attraction to water; preferring to find it in other life forms.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting topic. Sometimes I have had "something like it" for some nights in a row.

I have never woken up paralyzed.
    But I always got it while fallings asleep, in full awareness. Your head gets dizzy, a vibrating tone starts to make party in your ears, which is getting louder and of course, you are paralyzed. After a while you get a feel like hovering.

The interesting thing is that you actually can move your hand if you push with all your strenght and will. But if you do so it happens very slowly, and you almost don't notice it. Or maybe I just think I can do it, and just feel it, although my hands keep still.

And if you stay calm you can concentrate on waking up. Then it is over. But after that it will "attack" you in the same night several times. Very easy to break it off.

But i never had the guts to let it go too far, or open my eyes.

Some interesting stuff: A few people recreated the sound you can hear while entering a sleep paralysis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylBcC...eature=related

Now, what is the exact reason for hearing these sounds? Or seeing scary stuff? Is it our fear causing our brain to play tricks on us? Simply dreaming?

Last edited by AckermannPhilip; October 30th, 2011 at 09:30 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.