Following

Wasp gray

want to know what you think this needs

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm a complete beginner myself, so maybe my advice wont be as helpful, but ill just give you my opinion. imo it feels like it needs more "life". overall, it feels very flat, and because of this, it doesnt even look like he's wearing the hood over his head, and im having trouble finding depth in the drawing as a whole.

maybe you could try changing up the background a bit, maybe adding more values, using different strokes, and not having it look so uniform. i think more shadow and darker colors could be added around the guys head to make it look more like the robe is actually over him. and instead of having the dark parts all black, try adding some blue into the mix, or purple. in the light areas, try mixing in yellow or a lighter blue. just try to break up the uniform-ness to make it look less static, and i think you can definitely push the contrast a bit more. dont be afraid to give the gold ornament things more value - as it is, they all look kind of "tacked" on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The hair definitely jumped out as a problem area most to me. At the moment it still looks mainly like a patch of color even though you've started putting highlights in. You're on the right track there though, keep going oh, if you have trouble with the hair find some pictures of beards and long hair on google and draw it out till it feels very real and then apply the same techniques to your work.

I have nothing interesting to say but here's my sketchbook, perhaps you'll think I've drawn something interesting XD http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=167964

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks ,for someone who are a beginner you do know a lot .thanks again.the both of you have helped a lot.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.