Sketchbook: The Odd Bunch- Year 12 NZ Design Project.....

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Odd Bunch- Year 12 NZ Design Project.....

Im 17 atm, Iv Been interested for my entire life in being an artist, , a game designer and all that jazz, fortunatly Art subjects in Newzealand Highschools are finnaly catching up with the concept artist thing! Thats right less mountains and pots. Heres a group of pictures ( Well Quick ones) ive been putting together the last month for a Design board due the end of the year! yeah i found out recently i can do it im not just a mega procrastinator. The design boards are normally illustrator made magazine covers etc but ive decided to work on a game in the same way they set out the mag designs...

So ive finnaly gotten to work to try work out the kinks in my tablet and get some photoshop skills down heres a few of my pieces intented for my imaginary upencoming game, The Odd Bunch! any feedback would be great!

The Archer a playable character capable of joining your own Odd Bunch, Equipped with dual pistol crossbows! notice the odd sack on the side of her leg... a flame thrower atatchment for close range, she also wears vision improving goggles, of course all of these things would be optional and upgradable..... maybe different people allow diff upgrades for example you have a scientist he can make her explosive test tubular ammo, you have a puppet master he can craft her fine new bows etc..

The Beast Master
    Clean tidy midgets these lil guys have a knack for controlling animals the more animals they control the better theyll get at mastering the worlds Beasties.

Im trying not to be cliche as much as i can by limiting myself to stay away from orcs, wizards, undead, dragons and your average heroes so i created this odd creation The puppetmaster with the ability to bring lil wooden puppets to life, this lil dude even uses his puppets to speak for him all he does is giggle ocasionaly leading you to ponder is he controlling the puppet or the puppet controlling him?

So the world has to be in some sorta world threatning dilema so with undead out of the question i turned to the puppet master, if he can control wee puppet people whos to say someone or something cant control a vast army of them? So remember in I am legend how creepy it was when you wondered wether his mannequins where alive? how about an army of Mannequins? Pillow people and such out to get you? So heres a Cindy Sherman inspired Mannequin ive labbeled the Watcher,

The Watcher is the 1st Mannequin to learn from humans other than the Host. It Follows The odd bunch throught the game and learns from what you do, so you can A) Be really nice to it and claim it as a buddie or B) Attack it and have one of the most nightmarish enimies imaginable... mmmm exciting....

The Odd Bunch- Year 12 NZ Design Project..... (not too happy with this one yet ill do some more to her in time)

Now for a beasty, The Qualthzar This is my dragon replacer, these creatures bask in the qualthzar muds which surround the Odd City (dangers like this explain why the mannequins havent invaded there yet, thats right one of the strongest creatures in the game is the 1st creature youll come across once leaving the Odd City, youll havto either stealth it while these massive creatures sleep covered in mud avoiding the hot sun or sprint your way between these massive creatures powerfull swipes,

Mannequins Sew themselves new Mannequins out of people or animals heres a design of whatd happen if a mannequin got a Qualthzar, it sews Sacking around the creatures head creating this murderous sack...

Well the rest may have to wait due to poor internet atm, Note im new to photoshop and tablets, this is also one of the few times ive designed people like many i guess I was stuck drawing monsters and cartoons (they impress Gf lols)...

Cheers Clint,

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,449 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You have good ideas I like some of your story lines and I like the puppet master. A little improvement of your drawing and tablet skills you will become great.

Sketchbook
    [last update; 21st June 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks LtPlissken,it inspired me to put abit more effort in tonight...

So what does the beast master Ride?A beast masters ride will provide something to carry all your in game items and baggage I mean come on who really carries 27 swords, a legendary mace and an average cupboard? Without a beast master youd have to carry things all by yourself which will mean you will have to find another way of making money than sword selling. (In this game youd be capable off looting everything But is it all worth lugging back to town to sell? and if youve already got alota stuff weighing you down could you afford to loose the small sword that your character has grown so accustemed to that its doubled its efficiency?) Early on the beast master rides a snail, a big dog, ostrich bull, rooster maybe even eventualy a rhino depending on how many beasts hes um... mastered. Youd be able to make money selling Creatures the Beast master has mastered at local zoos but is money more important than the loyalty of the beast and can you afford the detour.... anyway Heres the Mini Giraffe

[IMG]The Odd Bunch- Year 12 NZ Design Project.....[/IMG]

Last edited by Clintmilne; September 30th, 2009 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Added Coloured Giraffe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So in "The Oddbunch" youd take control of a whole squad of odd people scientist puppetmasters archers etc etc. The more people you have the more bonuses each have on each other yet experiance would have to be split between everyone, so in theory you could recruit a wee army but theyd stay weak and wouldnt gain relationshiips between each other as quick, which would build on loyalty within the squad ( theyd risk/do more for someone they liked or loved)

So anyway youd start of in the Odd city as your chosen premade odd mixing abilitys and classes as you choose to have the oddest of the odds, Heres the Jester/Muse combonation with his muse abilities he can play music that does anything from jazz to set the mood when he wants some ladies to an odd style of death metal to give his squad added agression in battle, (oh and lutes tend to be blunt) nothing better to beat the living daylights out of a mannequin! A jester would be a funnny loyal companion and an unlikly but good leader someone who definatly raise the hopes of a squad! Oh and man theres nothing more manly trhan a pair of pantaloons!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Again gotta love pantaloons

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

For alot of the Design Project marketing is a huge part! Heres my first Promo Pic i did the "OB" in illustrator which im not too familiar with (my gf seems to have it nailed wich is scary) id like any feedback on wether the B is actualy Readable as may need to redesign a better version!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

another thing needed is box art heres some early pics,

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.