The Newborn Contest Public Poll is up! - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Newborn Contest Public Poll is up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by yoitisi View Post
    You mean your bandwidth doesn't allow you to download the bigger images? The full versions should be at the bottom of the polls.
    ZOMG nope, I have great bandwidth! I guess my brain just quit working and I didn't even keep scrolling. Gonna go through all of them now. Thanks

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good luck to all the other people who entered i hope someone will like my art and vote for it

Last edited by oren90; October 1st, 2009 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck everyone,you all did a great job

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Umm.. Where is my piece??

Uh yah I sent my peice to the e-mail address given and I also posted my peice in the special forum.. for final entries.. and definately before the deadline.. And I do not see my piece in any of the 8 heats?? It was called
    "The Delivery" ya kinda lame.. feel like I wasted my time here..

BossaNova

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    BossaNova: I got a few things to say to this, first of all:

Quote Originally Posted by yoitisi View Post
    We took the liberty of taking out a number of entries for various reasons. If you don't see your entry in here it can be because of the following reasons:

1. Quality: While we have not been very strict on this, considering everyone had well over a month to finish something for a high-profile contest like this we expect a certain level of quality and finish to your entry.

If you have any real burning questions regarding this, send a PM to either Daestwen or Yoitisi.
    I checked your email and the reason it was cut was because of the above. Now, since we do not aim to discourage people and because there's always a lot of leeway I would have considered putting it in the poll after all -if you'd just send me or Daestwen a polite PM asking about it. Since you decided not to follow this request but instead figured making several angry posts about it would help I have to say that I'm not inclined on putting it in the poll after all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry??

Where do you get angry?? I just wanted to know where my peice was... I don't mean to be discouraging.. you got to be kidding me. Your telling me that my entry was cut because of quality.. gee thats not discouraging whatever.. I looked through all 8 of the different Heats set-up and every individual entry and I find your excuse "quality" to be less than an honest statement. Yes I did spend a very significant amount of time on this peice and let me ask you would you not be a bit irritated if your artwork did not make the poll, and especially without a sorry please try again e-mail or msg. I personally believe that my artwork was overlooked and rather than just admitting to that,you've given me this pathetic excuse in an attempt to cover your ineffiecencies. If it was not, you would not have erased my main thread from the main contest forum and you would have addressed the problem for everyone too see & judge.

BossaNova

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bossanova: As I mentioned before, if you'd just inquired about it in a decent PM I would've been willing to consider putting your image back in the poll. I still think it's only half-way decent for multiple reasons, and no dragging other people's entries into it will make yours any better. I gave you an honest answer earlier on, whether you like that fact or not.

Last edited by yoitisi; October 2nd, 2009 at 02:57 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yoitisi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Concept --> Finish

I'm done, When you have to conceptualize an idea for a contest you want to think up something amazing something that nobody will think-up so that your picture will be the only one of it's kind.. and then to take that "idea" from that point to a finished piece of artwork is a whole nother ordeal. Through out this journey to stay within the boundries of the given subject matter can be quite diffacult now given that note. The more original the idea the more diffacult this can become.. for example rendering a picture of a Newborn human child a subject that one has seen and noted time after time in ones life is much easier to display for another. Now, taking an image from ones mind that is ultra supernatural and will only be able to be seen in it's true entireness by the one that has envisioned it is a completely different theatre. This can prove to be almost impossible for both the person representing it and the person trying to understand it.. Sometimes we just need to keep things simple.. catch you on the flipside

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I'm glad my picture made the poll and at least one person thought it was nice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JJacks View Post
    Well, I'm glad my picture made the poll and at least one person thought it was nice.
    i second that i knew i wouldn't do well on the poll but seeing that one person liked it gives you a good feeling

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone, there's only a few more days left to vote on the first round of the poll so make sure you've got your vote in before it closes!

The final round of the polls will be up as soon as this one is closed, it will contain the entries with the most votes in each heat (most likely we will take a few entries out of each heat) and will determine the winner of the publics' choice.

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I spent a couple of hours yesterday going through them all. The standard is very high, so I'm really chuffed that I got a few votes. I might have missed a few, so apologies to those even if you don't know who I mean.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aaah, just noticed this , most excellent. The artwork looks amazing, and so many interesting takes on the subject matter. Congrats to everyone who participated, and good luck! =)

"I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers." - Kahlil Gibran

Sketchbook: Critique greatly appreciated =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All the polls of the first round are closed now, stand by for the final Public's Choice poll

--------------------------------------

Edit: Final poll is up, check it out here: Newborn Contest - FINAL PUBLIC POLL!!!

--------------------------------------

Last edited by yoitisi; October 9th, 2009 at 05:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.