Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Cha Chi's sketchbook

Okay, so I'm finally doing this.

I'm a 17 years old girl from Norway and I've been drawing for as long as I can remember. I was caught in a little manga-period from around 2004 to 2008 so I haven't been taking art as seriously as I should earlier. I'm now trying to improve as much as I can, but I'm having some problems with the lazy which I hope I'll be able to cure myself from.

I'll update this sketchbook at least once a week.

And we'll start off with some skeletons from Loomis, gestures from posemaniacs and a WIP for a piece I'm working on for a contest.
    Last edited by Cha Chi; September 28th, 2009 at 05:16 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Worked some more on the piece for the contest I mentioned today.

Thanks
    I like the digital picture, it's coming along nice. Also, other than Loomis you should take a look at Bridgeman's Constructive Anatomy, it's pretty sick. Keep going with the gestures/posemaniacs sketches those help a LOT.

Gonna be watchin' this sketchbook .

Thanks
    Dabinyol: Thanks a lot man! And I'll take a look at Bridgeman as well then.

Thanks
    Watching the CHIU-Stream now and the theme was self-portrait, so here it is. A one-hour digital self-portrait. I actually got a vote!

Thanks
    I'm somewhat done with the singing angel pic from earlier. I would really like some good critique on that one.

Then some 30 sec from posemaniacs, doodles from boring classes, random faces(not sure where I got the reference) and some Bridgeman. I the Bidgeman books difficult to read and I'm not a big fan of reading. But I'm gonna work my way through it.
    Last edited by Cha Chi; October 7th, 2009 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks
    throw some new and totally different subject at us ! keep em coming, i think some value studys would be good before you move too much in to color
    My Sketchbook

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...156231&page=11

"Poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master

Thanks
    My girlfriend told me to draw some self-portraits, so I did this morning. Drawing 5 am isn't the best idea I've had, but drawing at 5 am is better than not drawing!

Zorcron
    : Value studies, got it!

Thanks
    My GF also told me to practice the torso. So here are some digital quickies. I have done some value-studies too, but they're A3 and I'm not sure where the camera is.

Thanks
    Eh...
    Haven't been here in a while now. In the beginning it was because I was too lazy to scan stuff(no, seriously... the scanner is far away and it takes ages) and then I just forgot an-- SILLY EXCUSES. Thank God my girlfriend pushed me back in here.

I recently started going croquis drawing at some school in Oslo and café-sketching once a week. I'll post some of that on Wednesday or Thursday.

So here's a Halloween pic where everything went wrong and a pretty-boy-vampire who really needs to get his anatomy fixed.

Thanks
    Wow. The last one is not so bad. Study more anatomy.

Thanks
    Eh... It's been a while.

Most of this is crap drawn during class or portraits from café-sketching on Sundays. The scanner killed most of it, and yes, I've tried my best to save it in PS. Hopefully you guys can see more than I can.

Thanks
    I didn't take photos of all the sketches from the croquis this time, because it's just too much. I was sure to take a bit of everything though. So there's 1, 2, 3 and 5 minutes there, as well as 30 seconds from posemaniacs. Also, one of the models are pregnant.

The painting is a WIP.

And I'm sorry about the gay linearts. (One Mucha-inspired girlXgirl and one animu-ish boyXboy)

And I'm not sure what the deal with the last one is either.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Cha Chi; February 24th, 2010 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks
    Wow, it's been a long time since I was here. But of course I've been drawing and painting even though I haven't been here!

The first one is a digital painting made in PaintTool SAI and a work in progress.

The second one is a speed-ish-painting that I made to get more used to SAI. During the making of that, I realized that I don't know shit about colour.

The third is an old-ish digital painting of an OC. I finished it in the middle of May sometime. Not sure if I really can call it finished as some parts are so half-assed it really hurts.

The forth drawing is a drawing I owed a friend. It's her OC. Watercolours and promarkers were used.

I have more, but either it's not scanned or it's not on this computer and I really want breakfast now, so this is enough for this time.

Thanks
    Hey, I didn't know you had an account here! I am Cam from Deviant art.

It's cool to see some more traditional stuff from you, I didn't know you did that. I know I never left a critique at Deviant art but that is because most people over there just don't want them (even when they say they do). If I were to leave a critique for you, I think the main thing I'd recommend is to work on your structure and anatomy. In other words, perhaps indicate how the muscles overlap a little more (cross-contours and hatching can help).

Good luck with your work.
    Last edited by Sir Cam; July 18th, 2010 at 03:12 AM.
    "Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours." -Richard Bach

Sketchbook

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Cam For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast