Stylus Pressure Come and Go

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Stylus Pressure Come and Go

Hi!

I have searched the forum for an answer to my problem, but I could not find a similar issue.

I use a mac with Snow Leopard just installed today, but I have had this problem since spring. When using Painter, whether it's 10 or a newly installed 11 or even Sketchpad (both were trials and I do not yet own either), if I click outside the program and click back, such as a chat client or browse the net or iTunes or even Finder, I have no pressure. If I click back outside Painter and click back in, command+Tab, or Command+M (full screen) my work, the pressure comes back.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, tried using an older driver, updated my system (including a full reinstall of Leopard), and of course tried Painter 11, but the problem remains. I know of one other person who has this same problem only she runs Windows. We both use a Wacom Intuos 3.

Pressure works as it should in all other art programs.

I would be so grateful if someone could help me solve this!

Last edited by vantid; September 28th, 2009 at 03:49 AM. Reason: typo
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    When I've had problems like this it's mostly been the Wacom driver. Have you tried removing your Preference File from the Wacom Tablet Preference File Utility and see if that helps?

Well, I tried that and it didn't work, but it inspired me to do a complete clean up of all things Wacom on my machine. After deleting everything, I went to the get the new drivers and Lo! A new update from Sept. 29th. I nabbed it and for the first time in over 6 months I have pressure all the time.

I am so happy.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.