Art: Question

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Question

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Question

I have a problem with keeping stuff balanced. I try the technique of holding a mirror to it or or holding it up to the light and it's always messed up. When I correct it and do it again it's still wrong. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? maybe I shouldn't be doing this?

Also does anyone have a link to a good color wheel like the ones at art stores that I could print out and make?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dont know about printing this one, but heres something I found-

Color Wheel

-Nate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude I think I know what your talking about
    with the Balence

You draw something and it looks cool then you look at it the other way and it wacked and out of sorts

the only think that I can suggest to you is that you use a drafting table when drawing you need to be looking directly at what you drawing

when your drawing on a couch with something in your lap while watching tv or on a desk you are perpendicular tot he peice that your working on you need to be parralled to it

like a drafting table or eisle(spelling?)

basicly if your not drawing parral to the art your drawing in perspective so you compensate to make it look good at the angle that your working.. then when you look at it it off

Hope that helps

- BEar

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks espaki I just went ahead and got one at danial smiths I thought they would be more exspensive.

OneBigCelt It's not the table I got a table and my perspective is fine(as far being balanced) its just on figures Like if I draw an oval for the basic head shape in like 3/4 view and then draw the mouth and eyes etc, it looks fine then hold it to a mirror or from the back and the eyes are all off line. but it looks fine when first drawn and if I correct from there it just keeps getting this problem.

Well thanks for your replies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think the only solution to this problem is to practice, practice, practice.

and practice some more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah i used to have that same problem... bah i still have this problem from time to time... the advice i can give you is to look at it upside down and into the mirrior WHILE you are still working on it, in early stages when you are establishing the pose, figure, anatomy... that way you see you rmistakes right from the start... remember what you did wrong, ( like if you always make one arm longer or something like that) and look out for it next time...
    and keyth already gave you the best advice there is... practice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do you draw the image first then turn it upside down or do you draw upside down from the start? For practice for school we did about 20 pages in a sketchbook a week and I have pretty much kept that same amount going after school, what do you guys usally do for practice? I was in Graphic Design so I don't know if thats enough for figures. Now I just grab a fashion magazine or anything with people and by the end of the week its 20 pages in the sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is a pic to show what I'm talking about. The first one is what I sketched out and the second is the flipped one. I spent about 5mins on this.

Question
    Question

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so when u are sketching like this, why not draw some guidelines for yourself, since you don't have an eye for symmetry just yet... as u can see the chin and lower lip are a bit off center... if u had a straight quick very light line going through the center of her face, you'd see your mistake right away. i'm assuming that you did it in pencil first and then inked it in... if you did this sketch with pen from the start... i dunno, its kinda hard to erase pen markings... otherwise a really nice clean sketch.
    Question

Last edited by BomberMan; August 8th, 2002 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well I usally do start with guidelines. This time it's like I got a different problem usally its the eyes and I can see this time its the chin which I really haven't had aproblem with. See on your example my eyes look okay maybe not the best eyes in the world but there on the line. Then if you look at my post above on the 2nd picture the eves are like slanting but on the first there on the line. Well thanks for your help bomberman I guess I'll just keep practicing the guildlines.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.