Sharing easy tips, ASEMBLE
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Sharing easy tips, ASEMBLE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sharing easy tips, ASEMBLE

Wanted to create a thread were people just come up here and share a tip, that doesnt repeat, doesnt matter if its a short cut or something not complex at all that it may sound Dumb, but other people can take advantage of it.

Lets just limit to share the Tips and thats it, no disccussions, no chatting, just VALUABLE INFORMATION. And no repeating, yeah i said that before, hahahahahaah.

So since i started this topic i will share 4 tips, that they may look dumb, but made my life hell easier, okay here i go:

STRAIGHT LINES
    Press 'V' once do a line, then press 'v' again and you can restart a new line not tied together with the first one, was hard when i didnt knew this, i just couldnt make single lines alone, pressing V each time i wanted a new one save me tons of work.

FASTER FORMAT
    Unbelivable but true, PSD its way faster than RIFF, the brushes lags less on layers, and im using 8 gigs of ram, somehow works faster when the file copy itself to the memory when you are starting out.

Zooming
    Pressing control - or control +, gave me better zooming results with the pixels, than using the default tablet side bars, so i customized my sidebars to use them directly, and the zooming its always great now, with no crampy pixelization.

Super fast Brushes
    Ive use brushes that their spacing are in almost zero in both of the settings, by moving damping option to the minimal, makes my brushes like 200% faster, but painter got the bad habit bug to reset it to 50%, so i recomend you to look once in a while to double check if its to his minimal, and now i got real fast brushes, even with really low spacing.

Hope this thread help people with easy little things that makes painter more happier to use.

Now its your turn to share. ASEMBLE

There are no such things as bad art, just tight deadlines.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elsevilla For This Useful Post:

Kristal Lee is offline Graphic Designer and Illustrator in training... Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a little one, but it helps speed up the process a lot.

Hold the space bar to temporarily switch to the hand-grab-thing tool and while holding it you can click and drag around your canvas to where you want it. When you let go of the space bar, you'll be back to whatever tool you were using. Try it... start painting and hold the space bar.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristal Lee For This Useful Post:

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Rotation. Stop trying to redo the same line fifty times because you're not used to the angle, rotate your canvas by using the "E" key. Drag around with your stylus, and use the "B" key to go back to your brush. Pressing the E key (twice) will return your canvas back to the regular orientation.

Program or use a Horizontal Flip shortcut to check for mistakes.

Check the sticky threads on this forum!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oh by the way, I do not always advise saving in PSD as some of your work can be affected. Certain layer attributes/ and brushes don't translate to PSD format. So be careful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is kinda basic;

resize brushe command.
    On a mac, with your brush selected, hold down command, option, then click and drag. It gives you a phantom view of the brush size you are making.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ColbyZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Use Wacom's Radial Menu to program several things on one Wacom button.
    (I have: brush, line, rotate canvas and eraser)

By the Way, I'm a HUGE fan Elsevilla. thanks for sharing all your wonderful artwork ^^

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.