Thanks

Writing music for flash artists (or anyone, really)

If there are any flash artists here, I'd like to start making music for you. Like a custom sort of thing. Whatever you want, whether or not it's for a game or a movie. Whatever gets me heard. I'm not interested in money or anything. Just tell me what style you want, what the context would be, and within a week I should have you a piece. This is my latest, for nobody in particular.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/275364

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Bump? My Newgrounds name is Mucky88 if you wanna check out my other stuff. I'm always making a new song no matter what, so check me out every once in a while. If you have anything worth checking out let me know. I'm new to this site, and I like sketchbooks...

The7Artist7 is offline I'll have a double Rocktastic with added awesome please
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 559 Posts
    Hey I like this one you linked to - now I just wish I was creating flash games...

Keep up the good work!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The7Artist7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The7Artist7 View Post
    Hey I like this one you linked to - now I just wish I was creating flash games...

Keep up the good work!
    Dude, I checked out some of your stuff. I was actually impressed. You have a very cool style. Is there a link to a full collection of your work?

Thanks
    ...You have a very cool style. Is there a link to a full collection of your work?
    Hey thanks! I'm guessing you were checking out my sketchbook - other than my very out-of-date website (lordart.co.uk) my sketchbook here on CA.org really is the fullest collection of my work. I mostly do more children's cartoon style for my job (freelance) and the comic / realistic stuff in my spare time.

Thanks
    Yay, I'm actually making music for a flash game. All I had to do was ask around. Thanks to PieterV for sending me to a flash animation forum, I wouldn't have found it without ya. Here's what I'm working on right now.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/276258

Thanks
    Haha - man that's cool! So happy and chilled!

All the best with your flash game music project!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    Hey,

Make for me a dual conceptual (seamless) progressive rock/metal opus that sounds like a collaboration between Änglagård and (later) Deathspell Omega. It must be LOADED with Mellotron (real Mellotron, not that digital shit). Some vocals would be ok (and if you're going to choose a vocalist find someone with a very warm deep voice like Mikael Åkerfeldt, Jonas Renkse, or Mariusz Duda) but I'd like the focus to be on the music. Actually, if you can, add tons of AMAZING thick harmonies. I don't mind abrasive/aggressive/agonized vocals if you'd consider them neccessary for the music.

Focus on atmosphere and emotion though I do enjoy a good old technical passage in an odd time signature...

I also love noisey/scratchy layers of texture (which don't have to be fake... record with an 8-track!) like what WitTR or Portishead do. (I know they're quite different but they both have the atmospheric scratchiness of old records.)

When you're done with the music, I'll do the album cover and then we can ship this thing over to a cutter and burn it on wax!

This really should be a masterpiece man, thanks for doing this for me!

Jake

p.s. Yeah, I'm joking, but I just outlined what would probably be the best album EVER made!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OldJake666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    pro mucky88
    i love this ive downloaded it all.
    so great KEEP POSTING here,
    i promise you are getting more attention then people who post in here

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jedininjaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Kobrin View Post
    Hey,

Make for me a dual conceptual (seamless) progressive rock/metal opus that sounds like a collaboration between Änglagård and (later) Deathspell Omega. It must be LOADED with Mellotron (real Mellotron, not that digital shit). Some vocals would be ok (and if you're going to choose a vocalist find someone with a very warm deep voice like Mikael Åkerfeldt, Jonas Renkse, or Mariusz Duda) but I'd like the focus to be on the music. Actually, if you can, add tons of AMAZING thick harmonies. I don't mind abrasive/aggressive/agonized vocals if you'd consider them neccessary for the music.

Focus on atmosphere and emotion though I do enjoy a good old technical passage in an odd time signature...

I also love noisey/scratchy layers of texture (which don't have to be fake... record with an 8-track!) like what WitTR or Portishead do. (I know they're quite different but they both have the atmospheric scratchiness of old records.)

When you're done with the music, I'll do the album cover and then we can ship this thing over to a cutter and burn it on wax!

This really should be a masterpiece man, thanks for doing this for me!

Jake

p.s. Yeah, I'm joking, but I just outlined what would probably be the best album EVER made!
    Oh, wow. That sounds like a nightmare. I just tactically acquired a copy of FL Studio 9 XXL Producer version. I'm already writing 4 separate songs right now. And to Jedi, thank you so much. It's comments like that that keep me going. It's the only reason I want my music heard.