C.O.W. #156 -- Red Hot Doom -- Posting WIPs thread - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

RHD WIP

Okay so I did a combination of a few of the favorites and I think I'm getting closer. May add a few more tentacles and maybe a few more points to the main tentacles to make "fingers". This still isn't the finalized idea so comments and crits are welcomed and encouraged. (also made the image smaller the last)
    -Bradford-

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok 50 minutes in photoshop and this came out, frankly is nothing that I wanted but I had to remove this stuff out of my head

If you have time, please look at my sketchbook and tell me what you think, Thanks

MY SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the prompts guys! I will be looking into the blade legs for alternatives duman. Nice final render dwinbotp btw... you cranked that out fast - haha.

@acb - thx fella -
    @ Cy-AN - looking interesting! I like your method mixing (texture/brushes) - could be a strong result.
    @Bradford - I like your very first thumb the most actually. Simple and easy to read.

[CENTER]Available for Freelance!
    WEBSITE

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActsOfBob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

red hot doom

this was lots of fun to do ! donīt have any wips to show .... painet it rightawy in top of the first sketch .i think itīs nearly finished.

red hot doom...

geat topic indeed !!!

Hexism is offline is a normal human being! Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    going with the bug route

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 388 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Cy-An: Cool ideas. Reminds me a lot of the stuff filling my own head. I really like the textures you've got going on. My only crit would be to not get too carried away with them before you get the overall anatomy down.

After a second look, mine wasn't looking spicy enough. Needed some more heat. Luckily I had an extra bottle of super hot sauce in the kitchen. Probably final.

Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, really sick guys just awesome

here's a quick wip, feel free to throw some well needed criti's my way
    btw, the color scheme is a mess right now, but that's how i start out I'll probably settle on using red,orange and brown only.

Last edited by Sukizan; September 27th, 2009 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's the beginnings of my spooky dude. Is the pose alright to read for you guys?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, everybody is doing great stuff. Keep it up!
    This is my WIP. Comments and criticisms welcome!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to trickynick1001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Crits & Bits

Thanks everyone for the welcome!
    NO WIP cause tablet is on strike...acting up. >.>
    Glad to see no typical Dragons (nothing against them)

Sperling - can't wait to see which design you choose.

ACB - love the bizarre nature of the creature, has to be monolithic in scale.

ActsofBob - great, unique, creature! Just make sure we understand
    how it moves...define the joints a little so he's less stiff!

Dwintop - Very boss! solid concept!

Phoenicorn - cool contrast! just don't lose the figure in the painting process! I want my eye to see all of it!

ImaGEEnation - cool beastie! a lot of character but other than the head it's hard to read!

Duman - totally go with the bottom middle!

BoneDaddy - Solid. Now pop it with color and volume!

Bradford A Rigby - # 5 was my favorite bipedal! the pose is perfect.
    With this one focus on pushing it's depth so the design has a believable volume to it!

Cy-AN - Great sketches Though to help with time, focus on anatomy 1st then texture second! My fav is middle row; right column

Vaghauk - Looks like a very fun piece! at this stage of the game, push those values to not let the legs mesh into the body! Also the tail is looking flat. Just minor polishing things!

Hexism - Great beetle-bug Concept! Solid! Can't wait for the addition of FIRE!

Scorge - I'd say that super hot sauce is the icing on the cake!

Sukizan - I like the jaw features! Beef up those front legs, I find it hard that it would have an easy time getting around otherwise!

Labrynthine - Great movement, I can already see the glowing eyes and underworld ripping open beneath the creature! I would just have the right arm mimic the left one...for balance!

TrickyNick1001 Awesome tropical bombshell! or it could even be called a Kookoo Burna! anyway very unique, I'd just give it some polishing and it's good to go!

Keep it up guys I hope to fix my tablet sometime after school and before work!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jatari For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Duman, actually I did add one in later, it's shorter and curled under a bit. I'm hoping to get more progress up tonight.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are all looking so good!
    Thanks to all the comments and crits too! Keep em comin'! I haven't fully committed to one creature yet, toying with a few of them a bit further. Just hope I can come up with a good simple composition.

can't comment on everyone, its late here.
    Wyna - I love it! I really like the rib cage on the underside of the back end.
    TrickyNick - Nice to see a change in form, the bird idea is cool. What media???
    Labrynthine - Awesome everything! Can't wait to see this worked out a little more. I gotta work on my poses... so jealous.

to everyone i missed sorry! Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SCORGE- That's looking great. Love the flames

LABRYNTHINE - Love the motion in that sketch.

TRICKYNICK - I'm jealous. Great idea, and it's looking amazing.

Working up color and depth. Still need to add some more spikes and armor plating.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here's my entry a weird chickenlike thing that vents steam

(and some prelim unorganized sketches >_>)

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"

my site
    chenthooran.com

deviantart
    mythrilgolem

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mythril_golem> The bird one is well done nice design on this one

Bonedaddycash>You got already some issues withyour lightning try to really thin about a light source and maybe work more on cast shadow , also maybe considering to add a background since your body color will depend on your background color

Wyna> nice star , i like it ! waiting for more improvement to really critic it

trickynick1001>The design is nice , but i think there is too much black on it ,maybe try to change the black for a dark color

Labrynthine>Awsome sketch , waiting for more

Suzikan> you should consider to add a colored background now that you can play with background on the skin

scorge>Nice one , maybe too much blur for my taste , also it could be nice to hav other color value just to add a bit of spice :p

Hexism>Nice Bug (god i hate bug) as for now i don't really understand the legs on the other side

Vaghauk> i think you should use more hardbruhs to add somte strenght to your art good luck

cy-AN> nice research board , like the design of your monster , my favorite go for the top middle one

Bradford A Rigby> nice one , like it , maybe you should smoother the "shoulder) joint , that it don't look like a LEGO (ok it's exagerate but you got the point)

ImaGEEnation> i like the colors , juste i don't understand his ..shape? (not sure about the word)

Phoenicorn> it's hard to read it well i think

Duman> nice research , maybe be carefull of anatomy proportions even if it's a monster there are some anatomy rules to follow i think ^^ for exemple legs are way too small compare to arms

Dwinbotp> Awsome work , nothing to say , it's by seeing picture like this that i know why i'm training hard !

ActsOfBob> looks awsome !

Jatari>erk i hate those bugs X_X but it's nice done waiting to see more

acb> awsome all the way can't wait to see final one

Sperling> those are nice though i would say a bit too nice for the subject hehe ^^

Ok so here is my WIP , i think it's the first time in COW , i'm not that into monster and creature , but it's quite fun to do actually ^^

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Asahi-SD- For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ActsOfBob - Thanks Actually... ... honestly I have not ever used texture i using two brushes mixed, my jungle brush plus my techno brush a little (Shape Dynamics, Scattering, Dual brush and Other Dynamics) and the result is that Instant forms I like the front part of your creature especially the head and neck

@scorge - Yes I know that i have this problem every time i want to macke a creature i get too much detail and before i realize i completely forget about anatomy I will try to do better and remember. Many thanks man.
    And your creature is looking great How you did the flames?

@Jatari - Thanks man as i said before, i have this problem but Il give may best

@Wyna - Cool creature man I like it

@dwinbotp - Man i love the colors nice work

@Bradford A Rigby - Nice sketches looking forward for updates

@ImaGEEnation - Your creature looks much like the ghost of death

@Vaghauk - Cool lava creature

@Hexism - Interesting seems a tick nice

@Labrynthine - Nice sketches i wait to see more

@trickynick1001 - Nice interesting bird resembles a bird PHONIX but more to the predator class

@Asahi-SD- - Thanks man so honestly do not know if i will even use one of them, bicouse they re not the same way they are in my head Your creature looks toxic Cool

Hey guys is possible to look at my sketchbook and tell me what you think thanks

Last edited by Cy-AN; September 28th, 2009 at 12:03 PM.
    If you have time, please look at my sketchbook and tell me what you think, Thanks

MY SKETCHBOOK

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cy-AN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some sweet posts, I'm especially digging Bradford A Rigby's creature, cool shapes.

So I've got this character pretty fully developed, but I wanted to thorw it out there to ask people about some painting advice, or critiques on the character and composition.

thanks guys

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Vampire Ninja For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanx for all the help ! hope i find some time tonight to work more on this -
    vampire-ninja : think itīs the same like me - to many soft brushes - makes it look a bit blurry - but itīs an nice little devlish monkey you got there !!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ASAHI -SD- You're probably talking about the neck? I think you'll see that it's worked out in the next WIP. The neck is actually a light source. It's stretched and full of fire.

I haven't decided whether to add a background to this one. I was considering just doing a bit of floor. This will be my first "of-the-week" competition. I tried to do the CHOW, but I put so much focus into the environment and whatnot that I didn't finish in time (I work a lot). If my time is looking good I'll make sure and add something.

Thanks for the crit!

What the heck, I'll just post this to show you what I'm talking about.

Name:  Red Hot Doom3.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  186.6 KB

Last edited by Bonedaddycash; September 28th, 2009 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lot's of evil in the tread today Lot's of cool concepts.
    I'm going for something big and not so demonic. It's in the nature of these beasts to brees out of the planet core. They need to cool down to be able to eject the seeds that travel the universe to a new habitat. This is just to bad for the surface dwelling ecosystem.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not evil at all !!!! nooooo
    is that an city around it .... ? i mean itīs xxxxerking off and everybody around dies ?! thatīs soooo romantic

awesome ! i like it a lot !!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vaghauk: There is no evil in nature. There is only evil in intent to do harm. (or so I think) These creatures are not doing this to harm what ever is "on top" they do it cos it's in their nature. And they are not aware of our suffering.

Last edited by Lander; September 29th, 2009 at 04:57 PM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Lander For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its quite open ended this one, eh?

too many ideas - heres a mind-splunge to start off

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool to see how excited everyone is about this topic, I am too as we can really let our imaginations soar and not be dictated to about what to create exactly. Thanks MJ for hooking it up on the imaginative tip.

Duman: I like how you are doing your thumbs. What is that like some pen variable in Painter?

Jatari:
    Nice work but a lot of detail on a sketch that you’ll just paint over. Are you just submitting the sketch as your final?

Scorge: Good to see you rockin a creature as always man. I don’t know if I am feeling this entry as much as some of your past entrees though. I like the color palette that you’re rockin out on this one. I’ll look forward to your final post as always though.

ActsofBob:
    I like how this entry is coming along. Really nice work with the values and color and all that. I’d personally like to see you beef the body of your creature up more. Maybe make the hind legs larger or something so it looks most intimidating and dooming.

Dwinbotp
    : Simply said….FUCKING RAW ENTRY! This is one of the harder things I’ve seen you come with here yet on CA!

Lander: Good to see you on here again. I like the over all idea of what you have going on this round, but I would really like to see more the creature. Nice work as always though.

CW: I like the way you did your thumbs. Very cool!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Lege1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A quick speed paint of the concept. The creature melts rock and eats the slag. I'm gonna lighten the background a bit and try and show that back leg.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well a little different approach to my previous COW. I had a idea and kinda abandoned it here, because of how much time i have, so just kinda wingin' it this time. Red Hot Doom comes with multiple heads. I'll try to comment on everyone later tonight, great stuff so far.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lander : you are totally right - of course i agree ! there is no evil in nature. ( thatīs why the buildings around the "magma-flower" should BURN more ;D
    this is just my humble opinion : the "flower" looks more like its closing AFTER having released itīs seedīs - maybe it could be possible - through the "ondulations" of itīs tentacles to give more expession that itīs opening and ejecting seeds.
    Somehow i imagine that it could be like one powerful seed after another - more like an strong "vulcanic erruption" than an peaceful corral-reef-blooming-like thing.... but well - thatīs just my imagination going wild....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaghauk View Post
    thanx for all the help ! hope i find some time tonight to work more on this -
    vampire-ninja : think itīs the same like me - to many soft brushes - makes it look a bit blurry - but itīs an nice little devlish monkey you got there !!!
    thanks, It's true, I wanted the foreground and background to be slightly blurred, but now it all looks blurry.

CW, concepts looking sick!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's too bad we can't use actual animals for our entries, I definitely would've went with the All Conquering Big Red Bunny of Doom...holy hand grenades of antioch need not apply.

Name:  BunnyofDoom.jpg
Views: 8990
Size:  78.0 KB

Ok...seriously. My gut said to go with a big rampaging lava monster cause well...that's what first came to mind (after the Bunny of Doom) but it's a little generic. I still have no clear idea on what I want to do, so more than likely what I end up with will (hopefully) be nothing like this.

Name:  BigRedDoom-B.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  91.1 KB

Forgive me if I miss a few folks...there so many great entires:

Duman - Love the flow of ideas
    ACB - looking good...little dark, but I like the overall design
    Jatari - nice drawing, can't wait to see it in color
    Scorge - nice image. Would like to see some sharp edges here and there on the flames...?
    ActsofBob - Love this image. You're making me want to go with a 4 legged beastie myself
    Dwinbotp - beef...it's what's for dinner. awesome.
    Phoenicorn - I like the design...though I like the original one more.
    Cyan - Great stuff. I love your sketches/concepts.
    Bonedaddy - Nice design on this
    Bradford - I like most of your concepts, the one you went with looks wicked.
    Imageenation - nice design..maybe pinpoints of fire inside the sockets?
    Vaghauk - maybe even more spikey? background needs a little more though
    Hex - nice drawing, looking forward to the color
    Sukizan - great creature, and a nice start.
    Labrythine - Nice sketch...more!
    TrickyNick - I really like this...though I'm kinda wanting to see some wingspan. Or is that too much?
    Wyna - wow.
    Mithril - to be honest, I like the sketch in the middle of your first set. That being said, I also like what you went with, though if you're going to reduce the claws, I'd maybe beef up the legs?
    Asahi - great creature..love the spewage coming out of the belly.
    Vampire Ninja - nice image, maybe some claws or longer teeth?
    Lander - my fav so far...very original, looks awesome.
    CW - I like the Slug of Doom image. My other choice would be the first sketch, top left...the crit tearing open the ground.
    Mongrel - It's a little unclear, but what I see looks good so far.
    Izer - sweet lines, I'm loving the movement of this piece, as well as the concept. Color please!!

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luvazquez For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.