Thanks
    Follows
    Following

what to say what to say...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

startet studying to become a computer engineer so hardly any time for drawing now... im getting rusty.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You seem to have a great eye for colour and landscapes, try to treat your people with a similar amount of care.
    You've probably already heard of Loomis, but I'll chuck some links your way just incase.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/255814/And...Figure-Drawing
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/501782/And...Head-and-Hands

As for now, I'll say remmeber that eyes have a distance between them equivalent to one eye. Just keep practicing them and you'll get better.
    Keep up the good work!

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Naidy

Thank you for the great advices sorry for the really late post.

My drawing board is repaired so back to drawing.

made some pictures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

:s

: s trying to find time to draw but its hard while studying to become an computer engineer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

pecture!

have tried to spend more time on each picture now, I think it has helped.

I love blue!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

soo long on one picture...

I added more detailes to the last picture, I think I got an improvement.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

trying out an new teknique! And its awesome!

I am really happy with the amout of detail it produces in a short amout of time. I used the teknique that I read about here http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201403

But I am still really bad with it though.

Also I really need to get better at drawing people! I have bought two books about it, now I just need to read them :p

I hope someone can answer this:
    I have been drawing as a time to time hobby for two and a half year now, and I really wonder how many years longer it is before a reach a level slightly above amateur.
    It would be something to be really proud over!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

a picture...

picture it got fairy taley and stuff...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

its a FOREST!

Trees! Trees everywere....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A really really really ugly boat!!!

It got really flat

There isn't too many comments to get on this site, guess I am doing something wrong, (like making to shitty pics... )

It seems I am years away from reaching a quasi professional level, But thats is not such a big problem as I am studying to become a computer engineer so that takes up alot of time, but it would be something to be proud over....

But I still really love having this hobby! Its so great to see something come alive on the screen! Its so nice to see the colours and weird things take shape.

Hope someone comment I feel like I have gotten stuck when it comes to the quality level of paintings that I make, I seem to not have progressed, I do not paint that often, that might be the reason. But still I must be doing something wrong.

The reason is probably my lack of studying from real life and so on. I really hope it get the time to do that at the months of summer holiday that i will soon have.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Aperson, it is indeed a shame nobody took the effort to reply to your thread lately.
    You are wondering how to improve in a faster fashion than you are doing now. My answer to that would indeed be to do different stuff! At the moment your making the same picture over and over again (Yes, over exaggeration is in order here.) But since every image you create seems to have the same qualities and mistakes, it doesn't look like you are trying new things fast enough.

My advice would indeed be to do different things, and post them here! Start studying anatomy, try filling sketchbooks full with real life sketches, but also imagination. And it's obvious you won't get to be a master in a matter of a couple of weeks. But if you do these different things, at least you will be able to see yourself progress, and that might motivate you more!

I hope any of this helped, sorry for not replying in a while, I'm not checking this site as often as I would like. Take care!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all thanks for stopping by my SB,

As for your own work, wow... the color work and atmosphere in your work is great, several of these pieces feel like movie sets. The cities look awesome and very detailed. However, the weakest point is by far the people in your scenes. I believe what would really help is just picking up the basics. Download some Loomis and just copy his sketches on plain old paper. You are great with color so focus on lines and maybe value studies. Try to learn more about anatomy and it will show in all your work.

Finally, I have to agree with the comment above me, from Luckers, try new things all the time and challenge yourself. There is great potential here and with hard work you'll be a sick artist

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dracken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile My spam of pictures shall blot out the sun :p

I must say im really sorry for the massively late reply.

Luckers

Thank you for stopping by my sketchbook! And thank you for commenting!

Thank you for the advice it was really was an eye opener, I have been drawing the same things too many times, So after I undestood that I have lately tried to draw new things.
    I am still studying to become an computer engineer so I havnen't managed to study much anatomy. But I hope that I have managed to diversify my drawings lately.

dracken

Thank you for the kind words! I haven't been to good at studying anatomy, but I hope that I have managed to draw new things a little more by trying to new things. Thank you for stopping by my SB and thanks for the advice

Here is some new pictures I have made, I hope they are a bit more diverse than they have been before. I think I have become better with detailes a little bit.

Ps: I would love some advice on how to get more detailes in the pictures!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tried to draw with pencils some weeks ago. It was fun.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    this is cool as fuck

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for stopping in on my sketchbook, especially for leaving a positive comment, I have been used to getting drilled in the critique center and it was getting me down.

I love your landscapes, they really come to life with your sense of colour. I would say perspective is your strong point, so maybe concentrate on that a little more? There is something about perfect perspective in landscapes that really tickles my fancy

as far as advice on getting better as an all round artist goes, I would tell you to do what I have been trying to do recently, go online, or out with a camera, take/ fid pics, and copy them in photoshop or in your pad, it really helps you see and render form. It will also have the effect of improving your anatomy knowledge, which is probably your weakest point at the moment.

the 7th image up from this post is my fav of yours btw

I would also kech/paint some still life and people as they walk past at a cafe or uni or whatever (don't let them notice you )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for checking out my sb ,, Man your Paintings are so full of colors .. although i have no sense of using colors.. too scared to use them .. watching your Painting was a Pleasure..
    And,Yes i agree with Luckers

BEST..

MYSKETCHBOOK

I live in Northolt in Central London when I'm not at uni! :D
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow man your colours are fantabbydosy! Have you ever thought of using traditional paint? I.e. Gauche or acrylics? Your style would suit them! Especially if you laid it on thick.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Grat SB man. A note on the Perspective: Be carfeul, the vanishing point shouldn't be to close to each other, or you'll get a heavy distortion.
    When thinking about Vanishing points it's a good idea to think in a subway whe you get down: If you look to the front, the roof and door from where you have come seem to be parallel to the horizont, if you look to the right you see everything going to the VP (not a parallel to the horizont) and so does it happen with the left VP. This teaches you something that they don't usually say in books: VP are really separated from each other (you never see both at the same time in the canvas) and what comes out of the VP is not stright but curve: When you look the subway after you have get down, is the door, and it seems as if those lines were stright parallel lines, but when you tilt your head, you see it curving to the VP, and also curving to the other side, in the direction of the other VP.
    Now, about the vetical point (the 3rd one for the 3 point perspective), notice that in reality there are always 3 points, one for each dimension, so a 2 perspective image is unreal, but since when you're looking from the ground the 3rdVP is so far away, you won't notice it curving, like happens in the roof of the subway. This is to say, that usually we don't use this point and fake the vertical lines as stright.
    All this that I'm saying refers to some stuff I noticed in the perspective of the drawing that's above this page. I think it has a great perspective and great sense of 3d, but just wanted to point this note on that regard.
    About the other drawings, they don't have such a good perspective as that one. You can practice drawing primitive cubes one next to the other while you lisent to your class. I do that while I'm in class (literature, wich is probably much easier than yours, but believe me you can draw and pay attention, specially if your doing something as simple as cubes).
    In any case, just take a look at this excercize and see if it helps:
    http://attachments.conceptart.org/fo...1&d=1297722881
    Anyway, great SB, your art looks very promesing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff! Nice to see another studying engineer here
    http://www.deviantart.com/download/2...21-d3jzfdk.png

I love this one.

As for details, zoom in! Zoomed out images look detailed, but zoom in and there's nothing there. So basically zoom in and you've got another blank canvas to work on.

A little critique for this http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...4&postcount=98
    The reflection of the stairs int eh water seems unrealistic, you've portrayed a rough looking water, yet your reflection is a perfect mirror image. You should blur the water reflection more.

last.fm | Ze Sketchbook

"What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare" - W. H. Davies

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great update. I love the zeppelins, and I think they are way more detailed. Just keep working more and more and soon you'll be able to add more details and your stuff will look better.

I also like your pencils, they look pretty good. Don't give up man. Update again, work more and post more

Good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh i love the color in your paintings!!! they support each other beautifly...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some doodles.

I am really sorry for not replying for a year, I have read all the comments several times and thank you all for your kind words and great advice!

I am studying to become a computer engineer, and it takes alot of time, so I have not improved noticeably in a year. So it feels a bit wrong to post here with all the serious people when I am such a dabbler, But here is some of my latest pictures.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.