Thanks

help for a project

Hi! I hope you dont mind me putting this hear, this just seemed the most suiting place for my inquiry, if it isnt, please move and shovel me out
    anyhow, I am looking for reference/names/images/informations/books texts/ etc yadda on the subject of:

artists at work, specifically the process and the destruction/correction/editing of artwork (by artist him/herself, not others). Artists who mutilate and tear their canvas or clay until it(perhaps) pleases them (can be any artistic media), general good documentations(image/text/movie) of artists at work. Artwork Process that involves emotion, can also be an artist who treasures his works like gold, mad artists who see things in their works, the list goes on. Artists with moody muses, etc.

What I am not looking for is the artists who works and basically puts it away with "ok done, what next?"

The artist can be living or dead, heck, if you think you are the perfect specimen of a canvas tearer I would be happy to ask you a few things, see some of your works perhaps.
    Feel free to flood me with names and materials. I'll be very very happy with everd tidbit of material I get thanks a lot in advance.
    Oh, if you dont want to clutter the thread you can also PM or email me at akeyla "aet" gmx "dot" ch.

thanx!

Aky

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    You might want to check out my friend Joe Fig's new book, Inside the Painter's Studio.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    There was a good video of andy goldsworthy on youtube where his sculpture falls apart just as he's finishing it. It was an ice sculpture. Pretty neat. very emotional.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Peter Voulkos might fit the bill too.

Thanks
    Beat me to it... I second the Andy Goldsworthy recommendation. There's an entire documentary on his creative/destructive process, how it affects him, how it affects his family, and why he continues to do it.

Also, look at Sketches of Frank Gehry to see how he creates, changes, completely recreates his buildings.
    Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    Also, Paul Klee is one of the most famous/first, and successful process oriented artists, and he wrote extensively on the philosophy behind his work.