Sketchbook: N.I. (Needs Improvement)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy N.I. (Needs Improvement)

Hi there! I've been lurking in this place for a while now. I've finally managed to get my courage and post.

So um.. a bit of introduction....
    I don't draw very well but hey.. I've got to start somewhere .

I've studied some books on drawing but I've only taken up one drawing class.. and it was mostly rushed. I am taking up my second drawing class now (which is animal anatomy). I've been drawing since... um.. my brother lent me his X-men comic waaay back. BUT it seems I didn't pick up anything from them

So far.. I am not very confident of my perspective skills. I could do cubes and such but after that I get a bit confused. My shading and lighting is bad. My first professor also told me that I lack confidence in drawing. I still have a habit of drawing broken lines instead of a solid line.

I've been told though, that I have an eye for seeing details.. when focusing. err.. that is the only positive thing I've heard so far :X

Here are three works that I've done. The first is a anatomy study I did. I got the pose from a book I was studying. The second is a concept sketch I did, then colored in Photoshop. The last is my light and shadow study. The reference is from a stock site. I used gray paper with black and white dermatograph.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Doing muscle drawing again.. but I was just wondering. When you study the muscles, do you draw it again and again or do you draw alternate parts?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When I do it, both. Draw the muscle from EVERY angle possible, but also draw it over and over until you get it right. Its a mix and match really.
    I'm diggin' the ominous portrait you got up there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have to agree with what 001UP has said, but you're off to a good start.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.