Harley
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Harley

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Harley

Hi.
    I painted this last night and thought some of might have good suggestions on how to improve it.
    Please type away even if you can't think of any criticism, I'm addicted to comments.

Its Harley Quinn from Batman. I have played the new Arkham Asylum game for the whole weekend and felt like painting her. I wanted to give her a bit more revealing costume, but tried to keep some elements of her original suit from the comics. Maybe I should add a short skirt, I'm not sure.
    I used some photo reference for the anatomy.
    Photoshop CS4.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would suggest that you take a harder look at your reference picture because the anatomy doesnt look right. The spine seems way out of order. Also If you want her to look attractive she would look much better without her tongue lolling out. It makes her look retarded.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Frida Bergholtz: Thanks a lot!
    I tried to work on the spine. I know its a very stretchy pose to begin with (here is the ref). Maybe its her right shoulder, maybe it shouldn't be so relaxed...

Also, I wanted the tongue there. i know it looks weird, but that's kind of the point. Well shes not supposed to look retarded so I tweaked it so she doesn't push it so far out and kind of bites it a bit... if you know the character, shes a lunatic, and thats what I tried to tell with the expression. But yeah, she should look a bit attractive too. The idea was to get about 80% of madness and 20% sadness... Shes still not smiling enough :/

Well, here is where I'm at now.

Thought tilting the head back might fix the spine looking so weird... Also added the skirt and polished here and there.

Last edited by Jho; September 22nd, 2009 at 12:18 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 1