Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: x - updated 15 Dec

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu!
    Thanks
    Hi there,
    Youre proportions are looking good. The heads are at times to big, but I guess thats the manga part of your style. I wouldn't mind seeing you tackle a more realistic portrait style. It can be a lot more endearing.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Janos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Your sketchbook pages shine as well as your upcoming digitals.
    Beautiful girls!

As for drawing the back of people's heads in trains, don't just focus on the people. Draw everything you see! From the bolts on the seats to the interior of the the train. Get inspired to draw everything around you, to store that knowledge for the future. Check out James Jean's PR3 (here) and click the "+ DETAIL VIEW". You'll get an idea of what kind of sketching I am talking about.

Keep having fun with your art and you'll never tire of it. ;]

Thanks
    miycko - you're right. I need to get back to my usual noses. I use guides for my noses and I usually leave them looking a bit flat after.

Janos - it's a recurring problem of giant heads that I have. I have tried to tone it down...I think it's starting to show that the heads on each page of this SB has gone slightly smaller as the page number increases. XD;

MattGamer - thanks- I totally should. I tend to focus on people I forget about inanimate stuff.

Some few updates; been busy. :< Wish I could just sit and draw all day uninterrupted. Will try more stuff on the train tomorrow.

Wanted to draw a semi-naked guy, but I felt more comfortable with drawing a female instead on the train.

Attachment 893031

And the next one is interesting... I was trying to draw Topher but he ended up having some close semblance to Sam Winchester, so I drew him, and added Dean later. I hadn't have had much references for either, except when I got to their clothes. I have corrected Dean's torso since but I haven't bothered scanning the correction.

Attachment 893032

This one is a progress of the previous post's.

Attachment 893033

Some of my favourite quick stuff I did at this site known as Gaia Online, where I lurk and get virtual cash for artwork. Or in this case, I've done some free art for my auction thread (yeaaaaaah).

The next two are done with pen and copics (I prefer the latter - was getting the hang of it after):
    Attachment 893054

Attachment 893050

A sweet looking girl based on a sweeter looking avatar, done with tablet on opencanvas:
    Attachment 893052
    Last edited by ilmenhin; January 31st, 2010 at 09:28 AM.
    it's not the end that matters but the journey

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,281 Posts
    HAHA SOOO MUCH FUN CAUSE I SAY SO! i really like all the studies an the character designs ROCK! you have a real skill drawing women

Thanks
    Wow your SB is amazing~ That Fate drawing you did is stunning~ I love the folds in the cloth~ Your pencil drawings are wonderful too~ Think I'll be watching your SB~ It really inspires me to keep working on my art~XD

Thanks
    Oh god I love this one! Great ladies as always!

Thanks

Great Sketchbook

Great characterization throughout your book. I really love this one Keep em coming. Also i dig that you use different media, copic markers (need to try these), pencil, Open Canvas. Have you ever done any sequential artwork (comics). Your style totally suggests you would be great at it. Cheers!

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Hi
    You have some skill in digital painting I can see.
    What program do you norm use? Corel painter 10?

I can see the anime or manga influence in your work.
    Some of your girls are pretty cute - I like them.
    I think you can fit more drawings on some of the pages.

Keep drawing! You're doing well!

Thanks
    Very nice, don't forget the feet though, heh. =p Have to get me some markers so i can do something as cool as those girls too. >_<

Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    i like the semi naked chick, very nice sam & dean look good, though one should be taller than the other if i'm not mistaken & sweet work with those copics
    DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Pluscandy, ahhh too kind. n__n But I hope you do keep drawing whether or not my SB will continue to inspire you. XD

Jabo, cheers. That was my favourite to draw too! XD It was done on the train and I think I had some interested seatmates staring at the page.

ARRGH!, thanks for dropping by my SB- I love my comic books so I guess it's interesting that that shows itself in my art. ^^ I have a comic in the planning with a friend- hopefully I can find time to start working on that as I've been doing so much character concepts for it already!

danlucas, thank you~ I usually use OpenCanvas for digital lineart as well as painting- but I've recently started to use Photoshop for some digital painting as well. I'll try to pack more drawings- I tend to avoid drawing over previously drawn art/characters and I need to get over this habit.

Imaginary, yesss get some markers! prisma is affordable I reckon?

miycko - Thanks; yes, Dean(left) is supposed to be a whole head shorter but I misjudged where to start drawing.

Oh hey, it's the Year of the Tiger today (Valentine's day). So happy Chinese New Year to you, asian or not. XD Tiger was referenced, and parts of girl referenced all over- particularly for the flowers, and her dress. This was a last minute greeting thing I did to send to various friends and relatives. CLEARLY I didn't put too much effort in it. P:

Attachment 905909

Recent photoshop "speed" painting. This one took me 1hr15mins. Reference here.

Attachment 905904

But I wasn't happy a day later, so I spent another hour and half? on it. I'm much happier to have actually gone back to fixing it.

Attachment 905908

Recent study; picked up an unwanted biology/anatomy book off the bf. Got the hang of it as I drew more. My next study will perhaps be on feet! Looking forward to it.

Attachment 905903

Random train sketches following...

Attachment 905906 Attachment 905905 Attachment 905907

And current stage of the Guy Holding Apple wip (even though I haven't touched it for a week now). I've sinced fix up his pose, although I did prefer the louder/less-comfortable-looking pose. Upped the contrast since I tend to not be as bold in my contrasts. Background- had fun randomly painting it, no reference - so don't mind if something looks off- feel free to let me know though?

Attachment 905912
    it's not the end that matters but the journey

Thanks
    ---Hi, dear ILMENHIN. Thanks for stopping on my board & glad to hear that you've told me about the ART HOUSE, & I haven't been there. BTW: Lots of nice drawings & good studying of the human anatomy process especially really interesting characters are here on your board. Keep drawing & creating.
    ---I've just noticed that MONGOLIAN TRADITIONAL SCRIPT /...which means MONGOL, anyway guess you already knew what was that script meant... ';D / there were one of your drawing on the first page, indeed. What do you know about MONGOLIA & how did you know the script of "MONGOL" actually? How often do you go to the Art House, every Monday?.......................

---/BTW:.................. really sorry about my English............
    Here is my: S-K-E-T-C-H-B-O-O-K

/.....if there is someone from AUSTRALIA especially from SYDNEY on this site, then leave a msg for me, and I really want to meet with you & to making a friends-of course if you'd agree it...............please

Thanks
    You have a pretty strong sketchbook here. I personally did not see any issues with your hands or feet (unless you want them to have more movement). I do see what you mean about different lighting sources. I dunno anything on that cuz im in the same boat me self.

Keep drawing and posting!

My sketchbook- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=181789

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast