Sketchbook: x - updated 15 Dec - Page 3

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice, don't forget the feet though, heh. =p Have to get me some markers so i can do something as cool as those girls too. >_<

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the semi naked chick, very nice sam & dean look good, though one should be taller than the other if i'm not mistaken & sweet work with those copics

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pluscandy, ahhh too kind. n__n But I hope you do keep drawing whether or not my SB will continue to inspire you. XD

Jabo, cheers. That was my favourite to draw too! XD It was done on the train and I think I had some interested seatmates staring at the page.

ARRGH!, thanks for dropping by my SB- I love my comic books so I guess it's interesting that that shows itself in my art. ^^ I have a comic in the planning with a friend- hopefully I can find time to start working on that as I've been doing so much character concepts for it already!

danlucas, thank you~ I usually use OpenCanvas for digital lineart as well as painting- but I've recently started to use Photoshop for some digital painting as well. I'll try to pack more drawings- I tend to avoid drawing over previously drawn art/characters and I need to get over this habit.

Imaginary, yesss get some markers! prisma is affordable I reckon?

miycko - Thanks; yes, Dean(left) is supposed to be a whole head shorter but I misjudged where to start drawing.

Oh hey, it's the Year of the Tiger today (Valentine's day). So happy Chinese New Year to you, asian or not. XD Tiger was referenced, and parts of girl referenced all over- particularly for the flowers, and her dress. This was a last minute greeting thing I did to send to various friends and relatives. CLEARLY I didn't put too much effort in it. P:

Name:  CNY2010.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  290.9 KB

Recent photoshop "speed" painting. This one took me 1hr15mins. Reference here.

Name:  hxm.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  18.8 KB

But I wasn't happy a day later, so I spent another hour and half? on it. I'm much happier to have actually gone back to fixing it.

Name:  hmx2.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  17.9 KB

Recent study; picked up an unwanted biology/anatomy book off the bf. Got the hang of it as I drew more. My next study will perhaps be on feet! Looking forward to it.

Name:  study-handbone.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  91.6 KB

Random train sketches following...

Name:  moleskine-11.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  54.4 KB Name:  moleskine-12.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  62.0 KB Name:  moleskine-13.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  73.8 KB

And current stage of the Guy Holding Apple wip (even though I haven't touched it for a week now). I've sinced fix up his pose, although I did prefer the louder/less-comfortable-looking pose. Upped the contrast since I tend to not be as bold in my contrasts. Background- had fun randomly painting it, no reference - so don't mind if something looks off- feel free to let me know though?

Name:  davenwip8.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  121.8 KB

it's not the end that matters but the journey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ---Hi, dear ILMENHIN. Thanks for stopping on my board & glad to hear that you've told me about the ART HOUSE, & I haven't been there. BTW: Lots of nice drawings & good studying of the human anatomy process especially really interesting characters are here on your board. Keep drawing & creating.
    ---I've just noticed that MONGOLIAN TRADITIONAL SCRIPT /...which means MONGOL, anyway guess you already knew what was that script meant... ';D / there were one of your drawing on the first page, indeed. What do you know about MONGOLIA & how did you know the script of "MONGOL" actually? How often do you go to the Art House, every Monday?.......................

---/BTW:.................. really sorry about my English............

Here is my: S-K-E-T-C-H-B-O-O-K

/.....if there is someone from AUSTRALIA especially from SYDNEY on this site, then leave a msg for me, and I really want to meet with you & to making a friends-of course if you'd agree it...............please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have a pretty strong sketchbook here. I personally did not see any issues with your hands or feet (unless you want them to have more movement). I do see what you mean about different lighting sources. I dunno anything on that cuz im in the same boat me self.

Keep drawing and posting!

My sketchbook- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=181789

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow looking really good~ I adore the tiger and your face you did~ it was worth spending more time on it~ I looks amazing~ *clap* Also really enjoy your Random train sketches~ they are so fun to look at~

and I don't think I could ever not draw~I draw all the time even if it's just little doodles of odd little characters~XD so no worries~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice work on that speed painting the random sketches are great and good work on the anatomy studies keep it up

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool Stuff

Hey there, great updates the anatomy studies, portrait of the young man, and your Valentine, all got me inspired so let's see more! Hey BTW what artists are you into? Thanks.

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 900 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You have some very good drawings in your SB, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mag-Neo - thanks! I don't know anything about Mongol or its script... Not quite sure which part of my art where the script appears? I haven't been going to the Arthouse Hotel this year- I heard they've increased the entry fee to $4. : ( I will most likely go if people I know are going!

Maxx_Biff, thanks, you're very kind. Let's both keep at it!

Pluscandy, aw thanks. And glad to hear you will be continuously drawing~

miycko, mike butkus thanks!

ARRGH!- replied in your SB to your question, but now that I've thought about it, there's a lot of artists here I admire in the Sketchbook subforum- there's just so many people here inspiring me to keep at what I do. There's an incompleted list in my signature of peoples' SB I like to look at. I've got more subscribed to, and I have looked up everyone in my thread more than once. On deviantart, (to name a few of varying styles): AuroraInk, Sandara, Wredwrat and Poshua.

Imaginary @_@ yessir, coming right up!

Random sketches done partly on train, partly on plane, and one part profile of bf in Hong Kong.

Name:  moleskine-14.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  128.8 KB

Train sketches following.

Name:  moleskine-15.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  215.4 KB

Not train sketches...

Name:  moleskine-16.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  129.2 KB

Commission piece.

Name:  sainomore-final-1.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  72.4 KB

Fanart of characters from a webcomic titled "Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name!"

Name:  hinabn.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  100.0 KB

And a wip laid to rest finally! Probably 18hours total?

Name:  daven2.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  181.5 KB

And this is mostly all that I'm not too embarrassed to show. I've a few other artwork but... HEH.

Last edited by ilmenhin; March 22nd, 2010 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice style coming through. post #28, would love to see those coloured. Would you colour those please? :p

CA Sketchbook

Deviantart

Blog

SSG:

Sonia Leticia / Ninjacat / Demo / Odiolitos / Nicktrip / HolyBovine

Never too old, too lousy, too crap. Only too lazy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice sketches as always & i really like that commission piece though i think her nose and mouth seem a bit low on her face. Glad to hear you finally finished that WIP too embarrassed to show some works, i feel the same most of the time, especially in my when i do them in my lazy state keep on posting, even the embarrassing stuff if you have to

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

15. The Following User Says Thank You to miycko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy Bovine - maybeeeeeeee? If I run out of ideas, I'll revisit to colour them. ^^

miycko, thanks! I didn't notice the positioning of that - it's not too bad but yes it would perhaps affect the "sexy" factor. XD; I'll keep your words in mind. ^^ I have on occasion already posted embarrassing art. D: XD But the more embarrassing art I was referring to - I must say is... perhaps NSFW and might be a little D: to some people here.

Chronologically, old to new, starting with train sketches!
    Name:  moleskine_17-18-1.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  250.3 KB

Animation draft 1 - I didn't like how the hair moved too much so I redit the animation. This is done with 19 frames? And I drew the eyes blinking separately to the mouth smiling and hair moving. Then I mixed and matched so it doesn't seem too stiff in terms of animation.
    Name:  anarchy-1.gif
Views: 1436
Size:  773.0 KB

Animation final - cleaned up a lot but she doesn't smile as naturally as the previous one. This was for a friend.
    Name:  annarchy-anim.gif
Views: 351
Size:  450.8 KB

Castiel fanart quickie. :/
    Name:  castiel-c.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  57.3 KB

More train sketches.
    Name:  moleskine-18.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  235.8 KB

Lineart as an auction sample that a friend and I are holding on Gaia (lol. for virtual gold. I draw, she colours. I prefer drawing to colouring.)
    Name:  ammyilly.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  89.4 KB

Started as a train sketch, completed wings and swirls at home. No references. And yes her nose and mouth are slightly off... I might just correct that for deviant art. Post-proc in Photoshop, for the mother of pearl texture.
    Name:  ladyoftheair.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  196.4 KB

Last edited by ilmenhin; April 19th, 2010 at 04:59 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, nice sketchbook, you did a lot of progress Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmenhin View Post
    the more embarrassing art I was referring to - I must say is... perhaps NSFW and might be a little D: to some people here.
    sounds like my kind of embarrassing art i definitely wouldn't mind seeing some'o that - aught to rack up the page too

great work on the animation i think the time intervals between her blinks is a little too even though, how long did it take to do?
    i have to say, those train sketches keep improving with every post really like this one http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...2&d=1271653190

cheers

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok that commission piece is awesome, as well as the train sketches makes me wish I could take the train to work. How are you doing your animation? I mean what program are you using? Thanks for the kind words in my sketchbook. Keep up the good work!

SKETCHBOOK
    DEVIANTART
    BLOG
    arjorda@gmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GOSH! I so love watching progress though sketchbooks!
    I really like that there is a lot more of the softness of your life drawing sketches in your more stylised cartoon-esque work.
    Way way cool as I think that your life drawings are great and when you put it all together with your style and character designs it comes out awesome.
    Yay for Sydney too, and props for attempting nanowrimo. I don't even bother trying anymore, november is always the busiest month of the year... the nano curse.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    in2eternity - thanks!

micyko - It was rushed, but the anim process took me perhaps 3 hours. I'm surprised the page you picked was something my friends liked too. ^^; Oh well, I'm not complaining. I'm always trying to think of something different to draw on the train and I'm running out of random.

ARRGH! - In open canvas, I did a base face sketch on one layer, a few separate states of the eyes, mouth and hair movement into each of their own layer. Then I combined different states to achieve a wider variation of facial expressions and moved 20 pictures (frames) of different face states into ImageReady (which came with Photoshop 7) and it wove out a .gif for me.

I've got a simpler animation in this post using 2 states of blink, 2 states of eyes, 4 states of mouth. Similar process, 10 frames total. ^^;;; Very simple, you get the idea.

Name:  ilmenhin_artemis-freebie.gif
Views: 321
Size:  68.3 KB

/embarrassed

Ammo, thanks! You should post agaaaain. Your SB thread is fantastic! Ugh yeah Nano gives me much woe. I'm somehow finding excuses not to go through with it.

---

Small update. :/

Train sketches. I ran out of ideas. The two guys near the middle of the book, on the first page- they're Hogarth studies, and not train sketches. I should learn how to draw weaponry/gun tech/etc.

Name:  moleskine-20.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  198.7 KB

Lineart of a friend's character in my style.

Name:  dango.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  96.7 KB

Here's me playing with Painter. I love how there's a palette on the side for you to blend your own colours! I've no idea though on how to make the lineart less pixelly looking.

Name:  catastrophe_rough.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  40.5 KB

Here's me playing with my sets of copics. I had to fix her mouth on PS, because I tampered too much on paper and it looks... fuzzy. I used copics, black .5 ballpoint pen and a white gel pen.

Name:  copics02.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  104.2 KB

And here's something I did when I left the mermaid without a body (at that time I'm not sure who she was supposed to be- I don't think before I draw. I think as I draw. Bad habit.)

Name:  copics01.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  86.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have strong characters, linework and anime. I see a fair bit of improvement from the start and It's clear you are enjoying yourself. Keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A very nice sketchbook. Nicely drawn characters.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Promosing stuff here Your pencils are starting to come together nicely. Keep going dudette!

The Latecomers SG
    krel, Sir Cam,
    Whirly, TomFenton

Friends Sketchbooks
    witcrack, Bman, purb, Jeff
    kostas, danny

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you for stopping by my sketchbook. I'm in love with your girls here!
    and it's kinda funny to see all "work in progress" (because I said so) stamps all around
    try to observe what you have done by looking at anatomy book. that way you can learn from your own drawing/sketch.
    Keep posting!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ivan Turcin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've improved so much from the just your first post. I really love seeing the bone/muscle studies. That stuff is just so important. Regardless, your stuff is looking lovely, and I'll be a return customer to this SB.

Post #63 has some really really strong stuff in it. The digital of the guy really pops off my screen.

The girl and the tiger are so interesting. The monochrome palette lets forces you to think about tone and is a good precursor to actual coloring. Yet the contrasting smooth/fuzzy lines and silky/furry textures create a wonderful contrast. The composition is great too, with the medallion on her necklace, her eyes, and the tigers eyes acting as a triangle of interest. Also, the characters (kanji?) to the top left and the writing below the tiger help move the eye around.

Anyways, I'm excited to see what you have in store the next couple weeks/months. Keep at it. = )

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Maelstrom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just me dropping by again.. and wow!

I love that tiger and the girl with cat ears.

will check this thread more frequently!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice sketchbook, the way you draw noses gives to your drawings a nice touch, u do then very detailed and cool!

le lineart on post 74 is also very nice... keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice progress!

My Sketchb00k regular updates
    -= i am looking for work =-
    DeviantArt . CGhub gallery . www.artofinca.com . Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How 'bout updating? The progress is really huge. Practice moaarr

Thanks
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 900 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Very good studies keep up the good work.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2