Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

x - updated 15 Dec

Please feel free to critique on any piece or point out what I need to work more on. At this point I feel my biggest flaw is lower body as well as colouring settings other than in daylight (i.e. I need to work on colouring pictures that are set at/under dusk/night/dim lighting).

I mostly draw out of my head. And fanart.

Last edited by ilmenhin; March 2nd, 2013 at 01:03 AM. Reason: update
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    SEP 22:

Here are some selected pieces of stuff I've done in this recent week:

The very first image is of Ilmenhin- some name I came up with during the LotR movie phase which then became this white-haired red-eyed girl- a mascot on my deviantart page.

Name:  illy-1.jpg
Views: 8435
Size:  100.8 KB

The second image is actually something I just did about 2 hours ago, while glossing through the poses at Pose Maniacs (awesome site! found it on a thread here on CA! ta~)

Name:  studies_210909.jpg
Views: 20379
Size:  145.0 KB

Third image was done without reference.

Name:  someguy.jpg
Views: 7838
Size:  50.3 KB

Fourth was done with reference.

Name:  untitledgirl.jpg
Views: 8228
Size:  84.3 KB

The next 2 are concept sketches for characters my friends and I came up with.

Name:  maehem3.jpg
Views: 7722
Size:  122.9 KB

Name:  katastrophe.jpg
Views: 7635
Size:  78.5 KB

And the last is a fanart I completed about half hour ago; trying my hand at speedpainting- had to keep remembering that time is important and not to worry too much about details.

Name:  sheppard.jpg
Views: 7476
Size:  52.7 KB

That's it for now! And of course, accepting criticisms and encouragement! I'll find my weaknesses faster to tackle. Thanks for looking!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEP 29:
    I've just attended a lifedrawing session here in Sydney at the Arthouse Hotel (there's lifedrawing here every Monday, from 6pm-8.30pm, but closed on public holidays).

The first four pictures are of sketches done in ink, and the poses start at 1 minute, to 5 minutes holding time. The third picture is of the same pose- I've attempted thrice on it.

Name:  20090928-1.jpg
Views: 10015
Size:  63.7 KB

Name:  20090928-2.jpg
Views: 10228
Size:  173.0 KB

Name:  20090928-8.jpg
Views: 7485
Size:  133.7 KB

Name:  20090928-9.jpg
Views: 7340
Size:  108.6 KB

The next couple are from 5 to 10 minutes. Partway through I switched to a mechanical pencil.

Name:  20090928-12.jpg
Views: 7191
Size:  63.6 KB

Name:  20090928-13.jpg
Views: 7052
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  20090928-101114.jpg
Views: 7084
Size:  200.7 KB

And the second last image isn't part of the lifedrawing, but a 1 hour speedpaint I've attempted a few days ago of SGA fanart. Just didn't feel it was worth posting on its own. ^^;

Name:  beckett.jpg
Views: 6926
Size:  87.8 KB

And the last is a quick Photoshop cging practice- without reference.

Name:  doodle-090927.jpg
Views: 6846
Size:  51.6 KB

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ilmenhin; August 16th, 2014 at 07:15 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilmenhin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Work in progress.

This was what it looked like about 2 weeks ago, and I've been revising since.

Name:  raraaagh.jpg
Views: 6794
Size:  95.9 KB

This is what it looks like now- of course, still revising it.

Name:  gaah6.jpg
Views: 6739
Size:  128.5 KB

I'm also working on another project, but there's really not much to show of it yet- i.e. even the drafting piece looks like crass. ^^;

it's not the end that matters but the journey

Thanks
    Like your sketches, keep then coming.
    Think you need some perspective in that chainsaw.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SteffenGN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Lol, the zombie project made me laugh, it reminds me of shawn of the dead, keep it up!

Thanks
    SymbioticFusion, thanks for the kind words- and I am not sure how to work the perspective for the chainsaw- it is proving to be rather difficult for me.

adammelo, I have been waiting to see if anyone could think of that movie! XD It's a mash up between 2 of my favourite comedy-horror movies and yes, one of them is Shaun of the Dead. ^^

Here's a 30 minute enviromental painting done in Photoshop. No direct reference used and I am kicking myself for that. My internet is capped to 60kbps and in addition to trying to patch WoW for Brewfest, I decided it is too difficult to look for nice references online. I did use one of the lake/mountain photos I took at Voss, Norway to study how stuff reflects in a clear lake.

Name:  randomenviro.jpg
Views: 6639
Size:  269.9 KB

Thanks
    great work so far - loving your paintings. keep it up, looking forward to see more (:

Thanks
    Was working on a commission- got a little frustrated so I vented by doing... speedpaints. Eh. That makes it... 3 work in progress pieces at the moment- will share when they look more... presentable.

ANYWAY. Here is the speedpaint-doodle.

Name:  rands.jpg
Views: 6561
Size:  133.2 KB

Last edited by ilmenhin; October 1st, 2009 at 09:57 AM.

Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    im not sure why you felt intimidated to post cuz your art's really good i like your anime style it's very cool though it seems to filter through into your studies, try to watch out for

oh & if you wanna update the thumb for your page youj just edit your first post, delete the current thumb & post a new one hope thats helpful

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    miycko, you're too kind! .__________.; If you've seen the stuff I've ever put up before here you wouldn't have said that. If you could point out particularly which study has strong anime/manga-influence in, that would help me- because I can't spot it myself. Thanks! (By the way, I think I've seen your SB around before but I'll comment when I get to work in 10 hours. My home internet speed is throttled to a measly 60kbps transfer rate.)

I've been intimidated because I don't know anyone here and I felt I needed to work on my flaws a little more before I dared even open my own SB thread. My next step is to open a thread in the Critique Center but all in due time...

That said, I'm happy to make friends with anyone here if anyone's reading this. XD I make a point to visit as many SBs as I can and comment as well.

Thanks
    Hey, great start! Your ladies are great, sure comes from you hailing from the land of Anime, but you gotta watch out for the guys, as they look feminine in the typical Anime-way. Keep the outer lines of the eyes clear to avoid the eyeliner-look, and make their face contours squarish, not round. The cheeks especially are too round for a male look. Male noses are also more prominent in the face and are typically larger.

Still admiring the ladies tho, wish I could paint them

Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
    Thanks
    hey there about the anime influence, it's mainly the first two pages of studies you posted for SEP 29 ( the 1 to 5 mins) & the second image of the 5 - 10 mins. i like that fanart/speedpainting you did, 1 hour isn't bad, i'm also starting to get into speedpainting. Too bad i'm feelin kinda lazy ATM

DRAW UNTILL IT HURTS
    AND THEN DRAW SOME MORE

Thanks
    Jabo- you're right. I'll keep working on making my men more manly. XD Go paint some ladies. We all know practice makes perfect.

miycko- thanks! I can see it now. ^^ Well, maybe you're just on a break- no point doing something you don't feel like at the moment. I think the best stuff are usually done on the spur of the moment.

Today was a tv day for me, so all I have are eye studies. I like the bottom two eyes because they're the last ones I drew and I think I got better by then.

Name:  doodle-090927.jpg
Views: 6716
Size:  106.2 KB

I hope to be able to draw more on paper tomorrow- I will be at MOAB (mother of all battles) taking photos for the miniature painting competition and helping a friend sell books.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1