Thread: Merging Mediums

Thanks

Merging Mediums

I have often created an image using multiple mediums. For example, I have used Corel Painter and Photoshop and 3D Max to create a single image. I like pushing my boundaries to see what I can come up with. Often I do not get the response I am looking for in the critique forums so I am wondering ... is this some kind of faux pas for an illustrator?
    "Creativity emerges only when the imagination is given the freedom it deserves."

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    1. Every thing you mentioned is a single medium--digital. Question therefore void.

2. Who gives a shit? Mixing media would be doing pencil base for scan, using acrylic and cat hair for texture to scan in and apply, then using any digital method to finish. Question therefore void.

3. Are you actually implying I can't paint two dimensional imagery using acrylic, watercolor, melted wax, my fingers, a brush, and a comb on a 3-dimensional surface made of milk cartons and hanger wire if i want? Shame--SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME--on you. Question therefore DEFINITELY void due to sheer narrow-mindedness and/or blatant clueless-ness.

4. Do you really wanna spend the rest of your miserable life worrying about something this stupid? For your own mental health, Question void.

5. "Faux pas" is Serbian, and literally translates into English as, "Being found asleep in a sexual position on the main table at your wedding with your sister-in-law." Good image, but it has nothing to do with art unless you're really broadminded. Question therefore void.
    Last edited by Ilaekae; September 19th, 2009 at 01:41 PM.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Hahahahahahah ....... well, I've been told. Thanks for clearing that up for me Ilaekae.
    "Creativity emerges only when the imagination is given the freedom it deserves."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Razorleaf For This Useful Post: