Wonders.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Wonders.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wonders.

Something iv been working on for a few weeks.
    Personal illustration.

The dragon/mount anatomy is a bit unusual.
    The idea behind it, is the wing membranes are long gone, and the dragon has adapted these limbs as an extra pair of running/climbing gear.
    His rider is a gnoll, and they are wondering around a post apocalyptic landscape.

anything i could work on? or final touches that seem out of place. It looks alright to me, but i feel i could do better. Piece of line art i colored digitally.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by FishyBoner; September 19th, 2009 at 09:42 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Things I don't like:
    -how the rocks are blurred out, but the castle standing on them isn't

Things I like:
    -everything else

My DA: http://manthur.deviantart.com/

Let's be fwiends.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stranded For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya, I'm not really seeing how these adapted wing limbs are being used or could be used...If anything they're getting in the way. you could do either:

• Tuck them away and use them as a method for attacking
    • Adapt some sort of covering to convert them into a type of shield
    • Make them interact with the environment more practically. Right now it looks like he's just feeling the rock in front of him rather that supporting himself.

I think that's it for now...Hope that helps!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxtrot Wolfwhistle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The whole wing/leg jumble is really hard to decipher and seperate. I agree with the blurry rock statement, but other than that, its a cool piece. I had a art teacher in high school that told me outlining everything was too coloring book and that no one would be interested in that kind of art. I laughed then as I laugh now...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick2k1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I have two ways you might be able to resolve the blurry cliffs thing. The first is to drop them; the cliffs don't seem essential and it might be more a more interesting image if you don't have the cliffs balancing. Your figure seems to be far enough across the frame that it wouldn't appear lopsided. The second thing would be to run a google image search on atmospheric shading and try to apply that style to the cliffs, you piece has a slightly asian feel so that seems like it might suit it. Good luck.

I have nothing interesting to say but here's my sketchbook, perhaps you'll think I've drawn something interesting XD http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=167964

9. The Following User Says Thank You to strange1900 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys.

Stranded ~ After spending a few days working on something, i seem to skip over something in your face like that little detail. So use to seeing it as in, Just looked right over it. Easy fix, since i still had the layer PSD file. edited it, and re-uploaded it.

Foxtrot Wolfwhistle ~ The dragons design is fabricated by my boyfriend. It has been a struggle for me, trying to take his ideas in his head, and make them real. More interaction, or weight on them is what i need to focus on.

patrick2k1 ~ Thanks dude. I try to work away from the heavy line art,i over do it sometimes. I cant help it, and it was part of the request for the image. I also feel it gives the image a more illustrated feel to it. I love graphic novels. Heavy lines and contrast.

strange1900 ~ This is kinda funny since the original line art was didn't have the lower half of the picture.
    http://pics.livejournal.com/fishy_boner/pic/001w8d88
    But when i doodled out my color studies, i went a little over board.
    http://pics.livejournal.com/fishy_boner/pic/001wwgqa
    I had the idea in mind to make this a splash page for a website, and wanted to throw a banner box in the image. But i think i would want to do something less complex now for my splash page.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.