Sylph Portrait
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Sylph Portrait

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Sylph Portrait

Hi all,

It's early going on this one, so it's a good time to ask for critique. How does the composition look to you? The concept is that the fairy has just popped up out of the snow and is scattering it everywhere. She scared the tar out of the poor dog. Any suggestions? I'll post the updates here as I work on it.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Take a look at my series of in-depth critiques, like this one of Salvador Dali's hidden portrait of Lincoln.

Scott's Sketchbook: Check out my sketchbook. Will swap C&Cs.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 869 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    While most of the composition seems to work (thirds, etc.), I'm not quite sure about the decision to have one of your focal points being a dog's butt. Your sylph seems to have a few anatomy issues, particularly with her limbs (short legs, broken elbows, tiny feet) as well that you might want to consider. I'm not much of an expert on dogs (front end or back), so I can't say much there.

The Nezumi Works Sketchbook - Now in progress

My online portfolio

Bloggity blog

"Skill is the result of trying again and again, applying our ability and proving our knowledge as we gain it. Let us get used to throwing away the unsuccessful effort and doing the job over. Let us consider obstacles as something to be expected in any endeavor; then they won't seem quite so insurmountable or so defeating." - Andrew Loomis
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.