Hi my name is Guthrie and I am writing a research paper for my MA Illustration on the impact of digital painting tools on art practice. I've a few quick questions that I'd like to pose for anyone with the time or inclination to answer.
1. What are you working on at the moment?
2. What are your primary digital painting tools?
3. Have you always used digital means? If not how has the computer changed your art practice? What has been the hardest or most significant change?
4. What is the typical way you work?
5. When painting how much of your work is produced within the digital arena and how much printed and worked on outside?
6. What do you most enjoy and/or dislike about working with digital painting tools?
7. Ray Caesar said in an interview with Dangerous Ink that making art on the computer was one of the most challenging methods he'd used? What's your take?
Please note that although the paper won't be published I may quote directly and/or refer to this discussion in the paper.
I am also happy to take direct submissions direct.
Thanks for your time