Need criticism.

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Need criticism.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Need criticism.

Hello. As you've already noticed, i'm new here. I do drawing because I like it, but I'm not confident with any of them. I'll just show you some of my stuff and just hit me. Be honest. I honestly suck but I don't know what to improve on. Be harsh even.

BTW, before you suggest me to get a tablet and to draw in Photoshop - I live in a country where they sell no tablets so I'm stuck with paper.

And before you tell me not to draw anime ... I don't draw chibis or just because I'd think it's cute, I'm not a weeaboo. I draw whatever I like, it's just HOW I draw that bothers me.

Need criticism.

Need criticism.

Need criticism.

Need criticism.

Need criticism.

Need criticism.

Need criticism.

Thank you for your time.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's Rorschach first, right? You need to examine anatomy a bit more, along with how thick fabric folds around the human form. Also, for something a bit more detailed, his knife hand seems awkward. Would you personally hold a cleaver that way?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No, you're right, I don't think I would.

Thank you for the comment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You don't need to be preemptively defensive, most people would generally advise against using photoshop if you're just starting out anyway.

The problem with anime afaik isn't the fact that people draw anime really.. it's the fact they draw it without understanding where it's really coming from, as in if you want to take art a little more seriously than just a hobby, it's important to study life drawing and real anatomy first.

Which is really what I would suggest too. I think you will be much happier with your drawings once you study anatomy at least a bit more to give your drawings that much more structure and life.

"It's not rocket surgery." _Sebudai

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually, I want to keep art as a hobby. I live in a small country and it's hard to make a living with art. I go to a law school, but I love art.

Haha, and you're right. Maybe I did get a bit too defensive. It's just that I'm used to telling me how anime is a shitty style, and with that I strongly disagree.

I'll try to learn more anatomy. Thank you for the critique, it helps me a whole bunch.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Stranded

- Keep drawing in your spare time, and study all thats around you! And I mean everything. The more you practice, the more you will understand what your doing.

Draw from life more, draw your family, friends, loved one, study the human anatomy, get books, download tutorials, and learn to understand techniques in using pencil/pen and paper.
    Not having a tablet, is not the end of the world, but should be an insentive for you to master whatever tools you have in front of you. having a tablet, does not instantly improve your drawing. Its just a tool, no more no less. Being stuck with paper, is not as bad as you make out to be...

If art is to be your hobby, then make it a damn good one that you can devote your spare time to. You may not have the oppportunities yet, in your country, but that shouldnt stop you from doing what you love. Europe is a big place, and theres nothing stopping you from leaving to go elsewhere The world is your oyster, so to speak But another thing - enjoy what your doing, have fun and embrace the challenges that face you. If your having trouble drawing one particular thing, take a break and go back to it later with fresh eyes. Draw simple things, things you like, and things you hate. Draw a street scene, copy from a photograph, newspaper or book. There is nothing wrong with this, its all practice for you to understand the nature of pencil on paper and improve technique. Study the way a comic book artist shades in ink; use these elements when producing your own drawing.

With regards to fabric/clothes etc, set up a life study of drapery at home, position a light source, and spend time drawing exactly whats in front of you, it does NOT matter how long it takes, just as long as you are learning all the time you are doing it, correcting mistakes until you get it right.

It will be tough for you, but a lot of artists are self taught, its just a matter of self motivation too! Also, post on CA as often as you can, ask for constructive critiques, and dont take every comment too personally. Some advice you will like, some you won't, but allow your mind to be open to them, and if you dont understand, then ask for the person to elaborate more.

Keep at it!

Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. I'd like to thank you for replying to my silly thread in such a vast post. I do intend to post regularly here, because this is a good place. I was afraid to at first, because my drawings are shit comparing to what you guys create. That's why I got all defensive.

I never liked copying a book or a photo because I felt that I want to be original.

Thanks again and good luck with your life challenges aswell.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.