Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts

Arrow Looking for moderators - Moderators found (for now)

While I was looking around on the CA forums a while ago to do some research for the forums clean up (CA Main Forums page clean up) I noticed that several sections on the forums are a bit messy right now. I intend on cleaning things up a bit more and will start moving individual threads around soon too, but to prevent things from getting out of hand again having a few more moderators to keep an eye on those sections would be good.

Therefore, we are looking for a couple of people that are willing to invest some time (up to a few hours a week) into keeping forums and threads on course. A quick warning, this job is probably not as glamourous as it sounds and most of this might be slightly boring and repetitive. However, your effort will help keeping our forums clean and easy to browse through

So, for now, the following areas are in need of some assistance:

---------------------------------------------

Introduction to Conceptart.org
    Moderators found!

You might've noticed this brand new section at the top of the forums already. In the coming days/weeks I'll put some threads into place there that should help newcomers and people that have no idea what this site is about or how to browse it can ask questions or find information. Also a spot for people to introduce themselves if they feel like doing so.

Requirements for the moderator: Know your way around the forums, and have some experience on here. Preferably people with medium to high postcount (or at least a good reputation). Being a patient and friendly kind of person is also a big pre

Wacom section
    Moderators found!

Requirements for the moderator: Having a lot of experience with multiple Wacom products is a huge pre, as well as being able to help people out with their hardware problems by answering their questions. Main task is to keep this section tidy and clear.

Painter section
    Moderators found!

Requirements for the moderator: Knowing Painter inside and out is a huge pre -if not a must. Main task is to keep this section tidy and clear.

Photoshop section
    Moderators found!

Requirements for the moderator: Knowing Photoshop inside and out is a huge pre -if not a must. Main task is to keep this section tidy and clear.

SketchUp section
    Moderators found!

Requirements for the moderator: Knowing SketchUp inside and out is a huge pre -if not a must. Main task is to keep this section tidy and clear.

---------------------------------------------

If you are interested in any of this, feel free to send me a PM. Just make sure you put in the headline which section you think you are able to moderate. Only people who send a PM will be considered, posting in this thread is of no use for that!

If you have any suggestions or want me to contact someone you think would be perfect for the job, please post so in here. Also, suggestions for other sections that are in need of a moderator can be posted in this thread. I might update the list along the way.
    Last edited by yoitisi; September 14th, 2009 at 05:50 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    you are wonderful sir. thank you for helping. I am swamped and doing all I can so any help is appreciated.

Jason

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 626 Posts
i sent you a pm Guido edit* i just saw your edit.. ohwell.. check your inbox

Thanks
    Thanks for the response so far, everyone. I just send out a few PM's to a few people, and hopefully I have the Wacom, Photoshop, Painter and Sketchup sections covered now. I'm sorry I won't be able to respond to everyone else personally but thanks for offering the help, it's much appreciated

Not surprisingly, a lot of people offered to help out for the Introduction area. Since this is kind of an important post I'm going to wait one or two more days for more reactions before making a decision there.
    Last edited by yoitisi; September 10th, 2009 at 07:54 AM.

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Is there a section or subsection where you talk about tying shoes or when to change your undies? I'm good at that stuff...
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    cool

p.s. the sincerity of my application depends entirely on the details of my crushing authority over the newblets.

Thanks
    Altright for now all spots are filled. Thanks for the response everyone, and keep an eye on this thread if you're interested since I'm pretty sure we might need more people at some point.

Sorry I can't get back to everyone personally, as that's a bit too much work right now.

Thanks
    Yoi-- you are a prince and leader amound people... thanksyou
    I will be a bit more attentive now. summer has been rough....
    roxie
    To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

• The Following User Says Thank You to chaosrocks For This Useful Post: