Art: Book cover, three cows, and war for you (update. 27 nov - 09 ..scroll down)

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Book cover, three cows, and war for you (update. 27 nov - 09 ..scroll down)

Here are some image updates, and a few comments on what you see.

1. Cover illustration for the book Alanya, 'Drakarna vaknar' (Swedish translation from Norweigan original). It was written mainly for 9-12 year olds.
    The image was meant to be (and is) cropped quite a bit on the actual print

2. Cover illustration and design for the book 'I Evigendt' (Norweigan). Aimed mainly at older children and teenagers, it is said to work fine also for grown-ups.
    I didn't read this one, but worked entirely from descriptions, which in this case proved to be quite difficult for various reasons.
    The fairy, the people in the back, and the "bananas" in the tree was not in the original sketch, but very late adds-ons, desired by the client.

3. A COW made for the 'Colossus from Hell'-topic. Of course, I forgot about designing and lost myself totally in scale and mood.

4. Portfolio piece. (At Dusk We Run) I don't know why, but there is something about grassy slopes ending in a forest that I find very attractive and mystical.
    So this is my attempt to catch that mood.

5. Portfolio piece. (From the Deeper Woods) A bit more cozy again. Just like them hobbits, I like green things...

6. Portfolio piece. (Hydra, your days are over!) This is one of those, "Can I do a multi-figure fighting scene, and keep it readable?"-tests. Took me five days to finish.

7. Portfolio piece. (The Price of Peace). Traditional fantasy still works well for me, and will probably always do so.

8. A Wizard character concept, finished yesterday.

- I'm currently available for comissions.

Attached Images Attached Images                  
    Last edited by Cloister; November 27th, 2009 at 08:35 AM. Reason: want another thumb
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Nice job, love the green piece with the hobbit. A small crit for the n° 7, i don't understand why the skeleton had an arrow in the chest ? Has i understand the piece, the dragon is suppose to watch over the treasure, and the adventurers come to steal it. So, that skeleton shouldn't be burnt or chopped to pieces ?

Thanks
    This is fantastic work! And I rarely see a piece like "At Dusk We Run", filled so full of movement and story!

Thanks
    Fabulous work but the 5th in particular takes my breath away. 5 stars all the way!

Thanks
    First of all:

El Jeremie: Thanks a lot! Regarding the skeleton I guess the story is more complicated than meets the eye. The dragons obviously didn't kill the guy, but for some reason they're keeping his remains (a cursed body perhaps? a magical arrow they are unable to retrieve without destroying it? a body to be used as intimidation, or to bargain with? A proof of someones death? You shall have to use your imagination... The people are not there for the treasure but to sacrifice the young blond elf leashed in the background. It is the price of peace.

artistceleb: Many thanks! I like that piece myself, so I'm glad someone else likes it to.

grue Five stars? That's kind, thank you! Your favorite piece seems to be liked in general, also in other forums. I'm glad you like it.

Last edited by Cloister; November 29th, 2009 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks
    Here is some of my latest work:

1. Book cover illustration for the Swedish translation of Andrew Davidson's 'The Gargoyle' (Gargoylen in Swedish)

2. Creature of the Week topic: Slayer of Satyrs - version 1

3. Creature of the Week topic: Slayer of Satyrs - version 2

4. Creature of the Week topic: Merlin's Familiar

5. My latest attempt to produce some epic fantasy...

I had great fun doing these. Enjoy! C&C always welcome.

Attached Images Attached Images          

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.