Follows
    Following

Sniper rifle

A sniper rifle sketch work in progress. Any suggestions welcome, thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's pretty nice... you have a good knowledge of gun anatomy, but I am wondering if this is based off of a real gun, or entirely from your head? If it's based off of a real gun, or if you're going for realism, there are some changes I could reccomend...
    such as, personally, I don't think the rounded end clip works with the model... if you just squared off of the end it'd work more with the linear style of the piece...and besides, you can fit an extra bullet in the bottom of the clip if it's not rounded off and too short

Another point being, when the bipod is up, and you were to use the rifle in a standing position, would you use the bipod as a grip? I would think that it wouldn't be very comfortable and stable to use as forearm grip for if you were standing holding it... maybe add a grip to the front end of the gun somewhere... but then again, it's not my gun, it's yours! :p

I'd love to see it finished!

keep it up

Proudest

Could I have been anyone other than me?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alright, im gonna respond to the above response first (dont take me *too* seriously, there are just some things about what you said that irk me, its not a personal attack or anything, so dont hate me forever and all). It's a magazine, not a clip. The clip is the small metallic section within the magazine that is attached to a spring that automatically closes the gap between the most recently fired bullet and the next to be chambered. Also, if you notice, there's a space between the bipod and the body of the gun, generally if one is sniping, one wouldn't want to stand as your body does shake, so it would throw your aim off, anytime you see someone in a movie make a perfect shot from miles (not literally of course ) away with a rifle (or a pistol at that, very inaccurate in the hands of someone whose nerves are rattled) it's aallll HollyWood magic. So, 9 times out of 10, you'd be lying down or in a position condusive to accurate sniping. But, if the need should arise, you could place your hand (whichever hand would support the gun from the front, your less dominant hand) between the bipod and the magazine, and rest your elbow on your hip or stomach, so you can increase your stability.

To the artist: Looks very hot, very well designed, you have an awesome grip on perspective. My only quibble is the same as the above's comment, the rounded magazine seems very superfluous, and altogether inefficient, in that that's just extra weight and obtuse shape to deal with. Plus, it doesn't fit the design all that well. All in all, awesome design.

PS: dont' hate me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yea what these geeks said...it loox hot except that magazine/clip

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The magazine cant hold normal "sniper" ammo. (7.62) Those are longer.
    My personal opinion is that this gun doesn't look too dangerous. If it is for a game then this would be perfect for the smaller sniper rifle.
    Nice design.

CsakiP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the only thing i would really hit on that hasn't been said, is the wussy stock... this gun would look badass if the stock was a extension of the handle. but after looking at this for awhile, it looks like you wanted this thing to fold up... the scope is nice, but you got to change the round clip... also, isn't the action a little far back?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sin, yeah I know a bit of my terminology is off, and I kinda muffled what i was trying to point out. About the standing up thing, yeah it's obvious that you'd never try to snipe while standing, you'd almost always be in a prone, bench rest or maybe a form of a crouched position...(most likely prone) not that it matters all that much on the design of this gun. Besides, i'd only stand with a rifle of that kind of caliber to fire, if i was shooting at a relatively close range. (I too think all the hollywood stuff they're doing now a days is BS)

But I'm also just trying to imagine the scale of the gun, because personally i think if you did use the space between the bipod and the magazine, your arms would be a little bit too close together, but that's just according to the scale of the drawing, and me personally when I shoot standing up, I like to have my hand out a little bit farther than the average shooter. Just clearing those things up

P.S. I don't hate you

Oh yeah, and awesome drawing still

Proudest

Could I have been anyone other than me?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree about change scale of gun and the rounded magazine. I must be thinking about one of those digital camera at the time. :)

Legato- The action is little too far back, I have to make some change there too.

CsakiP- I didn't know that... "ammo. (7.62) "

Thanks for the thoughtful comments.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally I'm put off by magazine/clip thing done away with and would like to make it a breach-loader. I've heard that makes the weapon far more accurate, as you are able to set the round yourself each time.

And 7.62 is a fine round and all, but I would like to see a sub-mach round used for once. The rifle looks fancy enough, it should be able to compensate for it using nifty thingamajigs.

But I love the design anyway, unchanged.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.