Sketchbook: Pretend there's no kinky stuff here - Ariel's Sketchbook [update!24/08] - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I SUCK. I know. Scanning stuff is a pain, and so is school! But I do draw every day, even when I don't post. Still too lazy though, meh, meh. Gotta work harder.

Here I bring a couple of meh watercolors (the first one on handmade paper, which is so hard to work with), sketches from my new sketchbook (not a Moleskine, sadly, can't afford one)
    AND also a couple of sketches (the last two) from a commission, the anatomy's totally iffy and I could use some help please? The style required was quite specific so that's why I'm struggling with the basics, it's supposed to be cartoonish (in a manga-ish way) but not really stylized, mhmh.

Attached Images Attached Images                      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fuck scanning stuff, wacom is the way to go. haha.
    don´t listen to me. keep scanning those very nice water color paintings!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flaskpost For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your two last watercolor scan it really nice

just another ordinary man who have an used pen with a lot of tape on it with his old computer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wakoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh, I love the girl with fiery hair Nice to see You working Keep it up, I'm watching You

It doesn't cost You much to leave a comment in my sketchbook, and it can help me a lot.

My new sketchbook

Follow me on facebook or WiPnation or Twitter!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rafal Dorsz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Flaskpost, you are right though! I really need to work more digitally. I have to do some damn value study in Photoshop one of these days, I'll put a note on myself saying "slap me if i'm not drawing" - my sister will have a field day. And, ehe, thank you

wakoes, thank you very much, here I bring more!

Thanks Gildorek! Well, I better be careful and start posting more if you're watching then, ehe.

Some hateful schoolwork (GAH I hate pointilism, that's why it's half-assed), more sketches from school, plus quick watercolors for fun. And, ops, ink&watercolor suspension bondage. Uhm, I don't know how that got here? Oh, screw it, there's NWSF in the title for a reason. Hope no one thinks it's disturbing or anything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Besides that it's kinda disturbing... it's actually pretty cool

And you are good with (en face) faces, looks nice!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ehe, sorry, and thank you.
    Faces are what I practice most because I never get tired of the emotion they can show, I try to get out of that comfort zone by drawing more objects and cars lately.

I realize now it's disturbing because my reference was too dark and her legs bended that way just weren't visible, so it looks like she only has HALF legs *facepalm*
    I'm not THAT kinky people. I swear.

No more art for now, probably later today!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh I didn't noticed that, haha. I assumed there should be legs in the shadows

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gaaaah don't say you suck, oi!

loving these pages and its loads of fun to read thru them, i wish i had the same kind of relation you have with your sketchbook.You missed one sketchcrawl, but be sure to be there for the next one, its just your kind of thing
    love your attention to detail in faces and your will to explore different techniques.
    If you need to do some warmup before imagination figures check this out , its decent enought for some warm-up.The common problem with your full imagination figures is that you tend to get a bit lost with poses and proportions, maybe sketching more small full figure people might help on the long run.
    Just thought i'd try and help
    You're doing great, update soon!

ciao!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGnoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow neat
    oh I'm agreed with TheGnoll said using DAZ or poser soft it might help you with pose and that link that he gave you it really good one too
    oh and thank you for visiting my SB

just another ordinary man who have an used pen with a lot of tape on it with his old computer

18. The Following User Says Thank You to wakoes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TheGnoll, you're always flattering me! Thank you, aw. For the link too! I'll be sure to put it to good use.

And thank you, wakoes, too

Some studies from last night - couldn't make posemaniacs run because of internet connection fail, so I just dug in my reference folder and scribbled a bit mindlessly for a bit over an hour.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Focus more on intentions that way your drawings will be more alive, I do like the one made with vectors.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to andres333 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for passing by Andres333, and thank you for the advice too, but I'm afraid I don't understand it fully - could you please expand on what you mean by intentions? Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    nice watercolors, keep doing studies though, it only helps!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Krato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice studies, Ariel I like the kind of flow that Your lines have. And I wish I was able to put so much life to my characters' faces as You put into yours. Keep working and posting more

And I like that bondage piece from the previous post ; nice gesture there

It doesn't cost You much to leave a comment in my sketchbook, and it can help me a lot.

My new sketchbook

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Rafal Dorsz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your SB pages are fun to look at and you have alot of nice sketches in em. I like this last post it shows lots of potential and it looks like your really working on your figures.
    Take care and dont stop posting.

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

28. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you all guys!
    And gosh, you're right, I so should update more often. I have to get myself a scanner or use my precious tablet more.

Well, something small but that got me out of my comfort zone, ah, my first creature design ever for the Chaos Challenge!
    I posted the greyscale version there, here's the colored version. Gotta learn my values so much better, dammit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice use of the random shapes, I checked the chaos challenge thread and I definitely can see this creature in those shapes. Fire snail, hehe, nice design, but the organic part of his body could use some stronger structural definition.. if snails actually have any structure, hehe

And now update, ok?

My new sketchbook

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Rafal Dorsz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lovely studies! you seem to be getting more and more comfortable with the digital things!
    keep working!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Flaskpost For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I suck!
    Thanks for the comments, guys. I've been moving, in a new place now. Bigger place! Room all to myself. Thinking about finally setting up a small studio in a corner so I can put to good use my oils - just need to get some good brushes.

I've been really hitting the pencils with Bridgman studies and lots of sketches on my new Moleskine (it's wonderful, it's a limited edition for the aniversary of Woodstock ), but alas, no scanner yet. SOON, though. In the meantime, here's the few digis I could get out in between boxes and furniture (damn Ikea, my fingers are full of blisters!):

self-portrait for the 1st of November;
    ten-minutes & couple of hours portraits of my little sister, ever so willing to pose (I blame the sucky image converter for the lack of resolution there, the PNG file was too big and there's no PS on this pc atm);
    ...and her reward: a 20-minutes painting of her favourite character from Hetalia. Look, she's twelve, she's allowed to like silly anime. Not many pre-teens can appreciate Miyazaki.

All Paint Tool SAI.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, nice to see You back I love the brushstrokes in the 1nov self portrait. The other are nice too. Get that scanner soon and show us some of your traditional stuff. And congratulations on your new place and good luck with setting up your little studio

take care

My new sketchbook

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Rafal Dorsz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Gildorek & Arthur!
    Finally got my hand on my dad's scanner. This is all I could find, I think I lost some stuff moving in the new place but I'm sure it was bad if I didn't care enough to put it in a safe place, lol.

There were also Bridgman studies from Constructive Anatomy but really, aren't you tired of seeing studies anyways?

A bunch of sketchbook pages! In some of these there are seriously screwed-up proportions because I still can't figure them out quick enough. People move! So in the drawings in which proportions are less screwed up, it's because I asked people to stay still xD

Then there's watercolors (yeah, that's my note page for when I need to buy new ones and stuff. Also I just think it's neat to keep track), a watercolor & ink piece I made this morning. Dirty art is good when I'm angry, calms me down.
    Oh, and a bonus digital piece. Lil' sis'! You know her by now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks you commenting in my sketch book. I like your water colors.

*** Sketchbook and other stuff ***

Flashback's SB

Anatomy Atlas

Digital Galleries

Visit & Support:
    http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Flashback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Flashback!
    Here's another update, less stuff, but sadly most I did during the holidays was really silly doodling which I don't even bother to scan.

Moleskine pages, a couple of watercolors - the second was done completely from imagination in about half an hour as I waited in the airport. It was a six hours delay, argh!

Also a digital WIP (on which crits are extremely appreciated, since I think there's something wrong with the folds and I can't get them to be natural enough *sighs*)

Ooops it's kinky inappropriate stuff again. I'm really sorry. Kind of. No, seriously anyways, I'm sorry, but please don't judge me or stop leaving feedback, you can ignore it if it makes you too uncomfortable!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have some really interesting ideas, Ariel. I'd like to see some of those sketches taken further to a more finished state, heh, but that's just me and my wishes. Or You could make a series of portraits, because your portraits are cool, or a series of bondage pieces, because they were cool to, or.. ;D
    Anyways, on your last wip, the folds on the guys back look good, but I think those in the sleeve of the guy in the back need some reference. Oh wait, maybe the sleeve is pulled up to the elbow.. in which case those folds make more sense.. but then again the forearm could read more like going _into_ the sleeve.
    Also I'm not sure but I think we would see more of the top side of the hand of the guy in the front if he was resting on it like that. Again some reference would probably solve that.
    Okay, i'm really being picky here, because You wanted crits Keep up the work, see you around.

My new sketchbook

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Rafal Dorsz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you man! I'm always more self-conscious about my ideas more than anything actually, since I'm not really so much into the whole concept art scene I'm more of an illustrator at heart, and I feel better when there's a writer supplying me most of the theory to work with, ehe. But I do think up stuff every now and then, I'm just never sure if it's anything more than pretty.

And you're right I SHOULD totally work more on finished pieces. If nothing else, to build up a proper portfolio. I'll get down on it.
    The sleeve is pulled up to the elbow, you guessed right! I'll work more on it though since it doesn't read that well. I'm not sure what you mean by the forearm going more into it, though, mhhh.
    Getting reference for both issues anyways, thank you so much for pointing them out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quite refreshing use of color. Except for the mushrooms, the color in your latest update is mostly markers, right ?
    On a side note, thank god some of your writing is in English since my Italian ain't what it used to be.

The remark about the guy's left hand has already been made, but what Gildorek is trying to say about the sleeve is probably that it should look like it really wraps around the arm. Now it seems a bit like it's just laying on top of the forearm.
    Also, about the dark-haired guy's ear... IMO it looks rather big. If you draw an imaginary line from the eyes and one from the tip of the nose, ideally the ear should fit in between these (parallel) lines. I used your sketch to illustrate, hope you don't mind.

Pretend there's no kinky stuff here - Ariel's Sketchbook [update!24/08]

But then again, maybe it's just a guy with big ears.
    Overall, really interesting sketchbook. Keep it up. And kinky ? Hardly

Wim

45. The Following User Says Thank You to wim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by wim View Post
    what Gildorek is trying to say about the sleeve is probably that it should look like it really wraps around the arm. Now it seems a bit like it's just laying on top of the forearm.

Exactly

My new sketchbook

47. The Following User Says Thank You to Rafal Dorsz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry...this is going to be short

yay watercolor! - probably already said that at some point

nice assortment/variety of work

would be nice to see you taking composition into more consideration. eg. treating some of the sketches as miniature comps complete with bounding box. give them their own space and take that space into account and i may be rambling at this point.

Happy 2010! bring on the art!

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Freddy Scribbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hey Ariel my apologizes for taking awhile to stop by.
    im really digging your ink/brush work alot of it has confidence in them
    keep up the studys looking forward to seeing more
    best wishes
    till next time
    -Jamie

51. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamie Romoser For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.