Please chew it up

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Please chew it up

Please chew it up

its a piece im kinda doodling on for my thesis project this semester a bit of a warm up and kinda just something to help me learn a little more about environments and digital painting in general. Im a concept intern right now but im hoping to just keep pushing and pushing till i get it done and get it right lol

i think more or less im just never sure when a concept sketch is done. ive been staring at this crappy thing for too long and i think its ruining my judgment lol

its the second environment ive done so let me know whats up
    red lines and all kinds of other destruction are welcome
    so far its only been about 2-3 hours of work so yeah dont worry about hurt feelings lol there will be none

yup....yup...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The one thing that bothers me the most is that the legs of the right mountaineer seem too short?

I'm assuming that his feet are burind in snow, but in that case the tracks or furrows in the snow ought to be deeper than they are right now.

Otherwise, excellent work!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 690 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I second what was said about the mountaineer and his footprints, and I'd also like to add that the mountains are a bit bald. They appear to be a very high and rough mountain range, in which case they should be very edged and rocky.

As you can see quite well in this picture, the 'dunes' or somewhat lower mountains are quite smooth, but they get more rough and rocky the higher they get.

Other than that though I think this is a really well done piece of art. I've been to the Alps quite a few times and I think you've really captured the mood of such a mountain-y environment .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lhune For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You might also want to play up what seem to be fires or furnaces in the dominant mountain on the left. As they are right now they can barely be seen. This may actually be the point since it's all snowy, but a little judicious highlighting of that area couldn't hurt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks a ton everyone!

i think a lot of what has been said could help just push it a little further and make it more interesting. thanks again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think this is looking great, especially for being one of your first enviros. One thing that's bothering me is the horizon line, or lack thereof. I would think that there would be more stuff visible beyond the mountains on the left. Probably just more mountains off in the distance. Doesn't have to be anything huge, but just something to give it a little more depth and make it look like the world doesn't abruptly end after those mountains.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think a big key here will be the placement of your whitest whites. According to the mountain range to the right, they are all located on the same plane and distance from the light source, because they are all the same value. Try working in some gradations (dark to light, saturated to unsaturated, one hue to another). Save the whitest whites for only the areas(planes) that are facing the light the most and thus are the most illuminated. Also objects closest to the light source will be brighter than those farther.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.