Thanks

chupacabra video

I hate to advertise sites like cnn, but this was kinda interesting

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/off...ef=videosearch

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kvick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I almost fell off my chair when I read "that's no face; thats CHRIS HANSEENN!"

p.s., on a school computer so I'll check out the video later.
    The usual staples for anatomy:
    George Bridgman
    Joseph Sheppard
    Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    Yeah, I saw that. I've been sort of following the stories on chupacabra. My guess is that it is either that the coyotes in that area are affected by bad case of mange (see link here), or there is an unknown species of hairless wild dogs. I think it is more likely the latter.
    -Mike Cross

Sculpting Thread|My Website| DeviantArt |My Blog
    -Also on FB and Twitter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    This is a similar find to many other recent Chupacabra sightings/ findings. That Monster Quest show on History channel had a number of pieces similar t this on it. If it is an unknown species of hairless wild dog, that wouldnt rule out it being the goat sucker of legend. Seems most evidence similar to this one suggests some pretty different anatomy on top of being hairless.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hookswords For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cross View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. I've been sort of following the stories on chupacabra. My guess is that it is either that the coyotes in that area are affected by bad case of mange (see link here), or there is an unknown species of hairless wild dogs. I think it is more likely the latter.
    Without question. They've been filmed and found many times before. This is nothing new. If people want to call a hairless dog a chupacabra then I guess it is one, but it's a bit different from the large, screaming, red-eyed, two legged bat-winged vampire creature of legend...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm on a (slow) public computer, so I can't watch the video at the moment, but in reading the comments it seems that this is another hairless mangy canine, perhaps with a weird jaw. This guys have been seen, photographed, and even filmed several times before, and each time there's a small flurry of "Chupacabra?!" stories, because apparently no one (besides a few of the people who've posted here) remember the last time this happened. When a body is discovered, analysis always--so far as I know--reveals it to be a coyote or dog with mange.

On another note, the first time I remember this happening, there was some truly ignorant, and quite humorous, speculations on what it could be. One person was insisting that it was a musk deer, or something similar (a small, primitive deer with short, fang-like tusks). Never mind that the body obviously had paws and not hooves. Doesn't hold a candle to people saying that the Montauk Monster was a turtle without its shell, though. Please.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,794 Times in 1,166 Posts
    They'll know for sure what it is and isn't when they look at the cranium and the rest of the bones.
    "I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!