Anatomy/Proportions help please!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I've been doing a lot of photo manipulation lately and one of my favorite stock models/providers agreed to do a pose request for me for my next manipulation. This sketch was done to help illustrate what I wanted the pose to look like and what I wanted to show. Well, I haven't heard anything from him lately and I contacted him about the request and he said he would get right on it but I think he forgot, seeing as how he hasn't uploaded the request or got back to me on it. I don't want to bug him since he was being nice enough to do it for me for free but it's been almost 3 months so I'm not going to hold my breath on it. So anyways, the point is, I'm most likely going to have to use this quick sketch instead of the actual model I had in mind and it desperately needs some anatomy/proportion stuff fixed. I want him to look as realistic as possible since he's going into a pic done with stock photos of real people and places and I want him to fit in. Any help that you can give, be it paint-overs, suggestions, whatever I really need it because I suck at anatomy no matter how much I practice. I'm 99% sure I'm going to be using the pose on the left but help with one or both poses is welcome and will be greatly appreciated. (ignore the red lines and stars. they were put there only to help point out some of the things i wanted in the stock photo). Also before anyone mentions it, I know he's headless. It doesn't matter because what I have in mind for the manipulation you won't be seeing more than what I've sketched of his head/face anyways.
    Note: No help needed with bottom pic. It's just a crappily thrown together general idea of what my piece is going to look like and where the guy fits in. Thought it might help you guys when giving your help.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by inunokanojo; September 1st, 2009 at 10:26 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I looked up "man backside" on google and on the first page came up a stock photo of a man that matches your first pose closely. Keep in mind that I have the filter off, though. I would give you the link but I don't know if it's appropriate to send you a picture of a naked male here (...still getting familiar with this website.)
    Anyway, here's a comparison of your proportions to his:
    Hope this helps!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you. I'll try googling men's backsides then. Still wanting any more help that anyone is willing to give me though. ^_^

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.