Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Ringling College of Art and Design 2010 Hopefuls

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Conterno View Post
    everyone pretty much agree with this? and how amazing are we talking, lol i havnt really seen many thing from non trained people so not sure what amazing is for some one with no training.

lemme know if what i have is good enough its in my sketch book
    What may be really amazing to you and I, may not be so amazing to Ringling. I look at your train piece, for example, and think that it's pretty cool, but I haven't done any extensive modeling so just about anything would be cool to me. Ringling may look at it and recognize it as being an elementary modeling project and not be impressed. I also recognize your hand model as coming from the Maya Tutorials, so they really would not be impressed.

It also looks like most of your flat work is copies of photographs, which Ringling also will not like. So, in my opinion, I think you should just focus on drawing from life. No need to complicate things; just do basic life drawings.
    Patience is a virtue, but who wants to be virtuous?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey guys how are you, I am trying to go to RCAD for Computer animation also, hopefully i can get accepted, we shall see just got work more on life drawings and i should be fine will see.

Hey i have question after you graduate RCAD, do they guarantee a job or it's a maybe?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vroooom View Post
    Hey guys how are you, I am trying to go to RCAD for Computer animation also, hopefully i can get accepted, we shall see just got work more on life drawings and i should be fine will see.

Hey i have question after you graduate RCAD, do they guarantee a job or it's a maybe?
    no job guarantees

Thanks
    so basically you spend 100grand, and they dont even guaranteed a job, so basically you saying that after you graduate its 50/50 for job, but that kind of doesnt make sence.

Thanks
    so basically you spend 100grand, and they dont even guaranteed a job, so basically you saying that after you graduate its 50/50 for job, but that kind of doesnt make sence.
    all they are doing is teaching you the skills you'll need at an entry level positions, (no matter what you are going to have to learn more on the job) its your responsibility to go out and find your own job.

Thanks
    Large studios come to the school every year looking for new people, that's a lot better than most places can offer lol. But if you work your ass off you shouldn't have an issue finding a job.

Thanks
    Also about the jobs Ringling's placement percentage is pretty nice, 90%. I also went on a tour last year and they told us a little bit about the help they offer looking for Jobs from a database or something that matches what sort of work you do, and that even when you graduate you can come back and ask for assistance :]

I'm not so sure if I should be putting these in here, but here are some more recent pictures (Some are WIPS) That I was thinking about sticking in my portfolio. If there is a more specific place to ask for advice regarding portfolios I apologize but this seemed like the best place to ask for it, since Ringling is my Ideal school :] Oh, I'm wanting to Major in Illustration ^^

Self portraits- These are for my AP Class this year, and the only one that is finished is the one of me against the wall. The Complimentary color painting I still have to fix the nose a tad and the Abstract crazy color watercolor I have to fix the right eye up.

American gothic Replica- They're fleas, and I liked the idea xD This one is done

Alice in wonderland- Obviously, I just wanted to play on the saying "Mad as a Hatter" And made the Mad hatter a blob of mercury xD

Monster w/ Clown and Girl - These are both WIPS, On the park bench piece I'm working on the background mostly and trying to make it work. On the Clown I'm still working on it everywhere, I havn't added the balloons in yet!

Anyways And Comments/ Suggestions on what I should stick in and/or take out would be so so so appreciated! D;

Thanks
    for future reference, make a sketchbook and link it in your sig

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinV View Post
    for future reference, make a sketchbook and link it in your sig
    Ah Gotcha :] Thanks ^^

Thanks
    50/50? Where did you get that idea?
    You make your own chance by how hard you work here. Same's true at any school. If you're someone like TheSinfulSaint, and you take initiative, work hard and utilize your resources, your "chances" of landing a job go up significantly.
    If you're like me, and you watch season 2 of Even Stevens on Blu Ray for 6 hours every day, then you're prolly gonna end up stuck working at Dreamworks.

lolz... Dreamworks. Shrek 4 Ever After, R U SERIUS?!?
    Patience is a virtue, but who wants to be virtuous?

Thanks
    There are no guarantees for anything ever. Welcome to life.

Ultimately, all Ringling is is a place to better your skills in specific areas.

A few years ago I heard that in field job placement six months after graduation for CAs was around 98%. I really don't know how accurate that figure was, it just sounds like too much, but that's what I remember hearing at any rate. Ringling, especially in the CA dept. is very career/job oriented, far more so than most other most art colleges, and it's something they take great pride in.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lowercase View Post
    50/50? Where did you get that idea?
    You make your own chance by how hard you work here. Same's true at any school. If you're someone like TheSinfulSaint, and you take initiative, work hard and utilize your resources, your "chances" of landing a job go up significantly.
    If you're like me, and you watch season 2 of Even Stevens on Blu Ray for 6 hours every day, then you're prolly gonna end up stuck working at Dreamworks.

lolz... Dreamworks. Shrek 4 Ever After, R U SERIUS?!?

I never understood why they could never just take chance with new movies. Why keep milking Shrek?
    Last edited by yyates05; October 2nd, 2009 at 02:39 AM.

Thanks
    you really work with dreamworks, or thats the dream

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast