Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Ringling College of Art and Design 2010 Hopefuls

Thanks

@.@

Hie guys! I'm a 2010 hopeful just like you guys but I'm facing some problems with the application. -stressed- Emailed admissions twice but they didn't reply ;_; Any international applicants like me around? =D And is anybody going for the paper application instead of the online application?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurry View Post
    Hie guys! I'm a 2010 hopeful just like you guys but I'm facing some problems with the application. -stressed- Emailed admissions twice but they didn't reply ;_; Any international applicants like me around? =D And is anybody going for the paper application instead of the online application?

Hey Aurry! I would suggest, if possible, giving admissions a call rather than e-mailing. While the admissions counselor have been good about responding to my e-mails, it could be a technical problem, such as e-mails not getting through or...you know, something of the sort. So what country are you from, if you don't mind my asking? =D
    I personally applied online. -nod-

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azheryn View Post
    Hey Aurry! I would suggest, if possible, giving admissions a call rather than e-mailing. While the admissions counselor have been good about responding to my e-mails, it could be a technical problem, such as e-mails not getting through or...you know, something of the sort. So what country are you from, if you don't mind my asking? =D
    I personally applied online. -nod-

=) Yea I think I'm going to call them haha. I'm from Singapore =) Our education system is slightly different so I'm not sure what to fill up for some of the forms (like...what's final report? o.o)

I'm just wondering...does anybody know that if I send in my application via mail, how do I pay? Do I send in a cheque together with the forms?

Sorry if this is a little out of topic! I'll be putting up my portfolio for critique soon as I get this application thing settled!

Thanks
    =) Yea I think I'm going to call them haha. I'm from Singapore =) Our education system is slightly different so I'm not sure what to fill up for some of the forms (like...what's final report? o.o)

I'm just wondering...does anybody know that if I send in my application via mail, how do I pay? Do I send in a cheque together with the forms?

Sorry if this is a little out of topic! I'll be putting up my portfolio for critique soon as I get this application thing settled!

Final report, I believe, would be your transcripts, which would basically have a list of all of the courses you've taken in highschool (or whatever the equivalent is over there that you are currently enrolled in ^^) as well as the grades you made in those classes, your class rank, etc. I cannot, however, be too sure what your transcripts over there would have on it--it may not have things like your class rank and GPA...sorry, probably not much help. xD' But definitely get in contact with an admissions counselor by phone if at all possible. It might be difficult with the time difference, but it does help get all of your questions (that you currently know of =P) out of the way at once. =)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Azheryn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    A 2010 Hopeful here, probably going into CA, I had my life planned out to be a concept artist for like, blizzard or something, at one point, but just decided that I'm more interested in animation.

My GPA was around 2.7/2.8 and I hope that won't mean much to them as I'm trying to get a really strong portfolio going. Still confused about the tuition, but I'll try harder to get the financial aid department to explain it to me more.
    Last edited by DanialGlover; November 6th, 2009 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azheryn View Post
    Final report, I believe, would be your transcripts, which would basically have a list of all of the courses you've taken in highschool (or whatever the equivalent is over there that you are currently enrolled in ^^) as well as the grades you made in those classes, your class rank, etc. I cannot, however, be too sure what your transcripts over there would have on it--it may not have things like your class rank and GPA...sorry, probably not much help. xD' But definitely get in contact with an admissions counselor by phone if at all possible. It might be difficult with the time difference, but it does help get all of your questions (that you currently know of =P) out of the way at once. =)
    Ah I finally contacted them. Still a ton of questions but I'm not so stressed out now =) Thanks ^^

p.s is it me or is this 2010 ringling hopefuls thread pretty quiet compared to last year's thread?

Thanks
    p.s is it me or is this 2010 ringling hopefuls thread pretty quiet compared to last year's thread?
    I think that's cause about half of that thread is me whining about gpa (which I still stand by!).
    Things will pick up when the application deadline nears, and acceptance letters after that.
    Patience is a virtue, but who wants to be virtuous?

Thanks
    A lot of these deadlines happen a lot quicker than I thought, I don't even know if I'll be able to apply for 2010 or not. Or I'm reading them wrong.

When they mean Jan 15th for Computer Animation, is that for Fall 10? or Spring 10?
    Last edited by DanialGlover; November 6th, 2009 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanialGlover View Post
    A lot of these deadlines happen a lot quicker than I thought, I don't even know if I'll be able to apply for 2010 or not. Or I'm reading them wrong.

When they mean Jan 15th for Computer Animation, is that for Fall 10? or Spring 10?

That's the deadline for fall.
    From what I understand, they get loadssss of applicants for CA and GAD, so I'm guessing they want to get through those all at once.
    I'm not sure what they do for the spring semester though...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fishcup For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ah, I've got a lot to ask them when I call then. The closest thing to a college I've been to was a community college, and not a lot of info was needed, so I'm really nervous for this.

If I get in, hope to see you guys at orientation! I've been out of Ohio like, once. And since I can't drive to Florida(be to expensive) I'll be taking a plane.
    Last edited by DanialGlover; November 7th, 2009 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks
    I don't think there is much of an opportunity to enter Ringling Spring semester. Most classes are only offered once a year, so I don't think as an incoming student that it would work out. We're so small that there is neither enough faculty nor interest to offer classes more than once a year. Most people who enter spring semester are those who have already attended and taken a year off.

I'm also from Ohio. Driving's not so bad if you're taking a load of junk down. Much cheaper than shipping it all. However, it is much cheaper to store things down in Florida for the summer and fly home. Not sure how all of this will work after graduation...ha.

Thanks
    So has anyone gone to portfolio day yet? I went yesterday at VCU!

Unfortunately I only had time to go to the Ringling and SVA tables.
    It was interesting, I showed both of them my digital work, and while the Ringling representative guy told me they preferred my traditional figure drawings and life studies, the SVA guy encouraged me to include some of my digital pieces. hmmmm

Thanks
    Good thing I have next to nothing on my back except for clothes. Also, I heard getting a scholorship from Ringling is hard? Is this true? I talked to some people, and they cleared up all the info I needed, even tuition, but scholorships are things I just still don't get.

But I'll worry about all the scholorships and whatnot, if or when I get in.

Is it too creepy for me to ask someone here to get a dorm with me? Haha

Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast