Thanks

how do you set up line art in PS7

ok, i figured id ask this here, cuz no one looks at the questions and tips forum.
    first , ill just say how i set up my line art for coloring in PS7.
    i just make a copy layer of the background, set it to multiply, and put all the color inbetween the copy and background layers..i keep the color layer on normal.
    this is the only way i can figure out how to color a picture

ive read tutorials about how to isolate the line work somehow...ive followed them step by step, word for word, and i SWEAR that every one ive tried leaves shit out..because nothing ever comes out the way they say it should...

is there a "proper" way to do this?
    -------
    I wont fail now

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    By isolating the line work, do you mean having the line art layer so that it is the black lines with absolutely no white areas?

If so the only way I have found is through using the magic wand. Firstly, make sure that your line art scan as about four times larger than you want it. Make sure there is also another layer under your line art layer, with some random colour filled. Have your line art layer selected go to Image>Adjustments>Threshold. Move the slider along until you are happy with the amount of line art that is visable. The line art layer will now be completely black and white. No grey at all. Use the magic wand tool and select the white area. Make sure that the 'Contiguous' option is unchecked. This way all the white areas will be selected with one click. Now, this is one reason why it pays to have it at such a large size. After the Threshold action, the line art will probably be a little thicker than you wanted it. WIth the selection still active, go to Select>Modify>Expand. Put in a value of 1-2 pixels (depends on the res of the artwork), and delete the selection. You may have to undo it a few times to get the right value. The other reason why you should delete some of the line art is when you resize the image to a smaller res, the anti-aliasing seems to favour the black and make the lines thicker. You can resize the image to see if the lines are the right thickness at the res you intend to view it at. If not, just go back and try again. You shouls now have a transparent layer with nothing but black lines on it.

I know that there are probably better ways of doing it, but I am unsure what they are.
    .: I am a Middle Class Member :.

Thanks
    Koro has a good tutorial in the round table...

Thanks
    coo, thx guys
    -------
    I wont fail now