Thanks

Does anybody where to buy art supplies online?

Hello.
    What i would like to know if anybody knows a good place where to buy art supplies online or advices where to buy large amounts of supplies. Ex: 12 dozens of specific leads, pencils, inks, etc. Hopefully with international shipment, but if not, then in the US.
    Ive been searching over the net, but sometimes someones has the TIP.
    J.C. Andy

Facebook

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 674 Posts
    "Dick Blick" jumps readily to mind. Maybe Cheap Joe's Art Stuff

Thanks
    Just be prepared to for some brutal international shipping fees. I tried to order about 10 pads of bristol paper and the shipping was nearly 150$ with dickblick
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    i just checked out dick blick and it seems that it ships mainly in the US. The international shipping fees are way greater than the products i want .

is there any european site like these 2 above ?
    Sketchbook:http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=152742

"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value." (Arthur C Clarke)

Sketchbook Support Group Lite :
    PKHayden Purrdey Vardia beejazz
    If anyone wants to join send me a PM

Thanks

Thanks
    is there any european site like these 2 above ?

I order my art supplies from http://www.gerstaecker.de/
    They ship internationally too, but you need to contact them to find out what shipping to a country other than Germany costs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 516 Posts
    http://www.utrechtart.com/

Don't know their shipping policys.

Thanks
    Thanks guys for the respones.
    Yeah, ive checked those sites, but none seems to be the best... at least for me. And typical that you want some product that a few places has. And even worst its selled outside your own country.
    I have tried eBay and www.jetpens.com. Ill guess i just keep looking. I wish there was some site to buy by bulks of things.
    Thanks!!
    J.C. Andy

Facebook

Thanks
    I can't be of much help here just because I've made it a personal rule never to buy supplies online. Even if you buy brand new there is almost no telling what kind of condition the merchandise will be in. Paper may have lumps, spots, wrinkles. Pencils in particular need to be inspected before being bought. If the lead is not centered right then every time you try to sharpen the lead will break. And that's just a waste of money.
    I suggest trying to find a local arts and crafts store nearby. It'll be worth it, even if you have to drive to another city.

Thanks
    Dick blick was what first came to mind when reading your heading. If you have any particular supply makers, such as (for me personally) Staedtler, for my pencils, then it may be worth your while to check out the manufacturers websites directly for some good deals.

What would be REALLY cool is if ca.org (or theartdepartment.org, as it will be known) had a store section that sold some popular and quality artists materials. That would rock.
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Refuelled ships to Europe at a decent fee. Try your luck out there.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LostFayth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FalyneVarger View Post
    I can't be of much help here just because I've made it a personal rule never to buy supplies online. Even if you buy brand new there is almost no telling what kind of condition the merchandise will be in. Paper may have lumps, spots, wrinkles. Pencils in particular need to be inspected before being bought. If the lead is not centered right then every time you try to sharpen the lead will break. And that's just a waste of money.
    I suggest trying to find a local arts and crafts store nearby. It'll be worth it, even if you have to drive to another city.
    I have only had this problem once with my NuPastels, and the smaller set I bought at Michaels the year before was cracked up, too. All the brushes, pencils, and paper I've ever ordered from Dick Blick have been in excellent condition right out of the box.

Besides, it's not like the arts and crafts stores teleport their supplies. They have to use trucks, too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FalyneVarger View Post
    Yeah, well, obviously the best alternative will always be any local art shop. But sometimes, -at least where i live- you cant simply find everything you need. Sure there are things that are harder to buy online, just because you can be sure on how you will recieve them e.g.: papers. But all the pencils or others supplies are brought from other countires anyway. So at least for me, its kind of the same. I draw a lot in paper, and ive tried an F lead, and i love it. But i guess i was lucky when i bought it. Now i cant find them anywhere. And if im gonna buy to an online shop, i would like to buy tons of them, as well of many other things to maximize the shipment. Im not too demanding with my tools, but i have a bond with them i guess.

Ive tried looking for direct companies, e.g.: staedtler, but cant find somekind of an online shop, ill just have to try to reach them directly trough email or whatnot.
    refuelled.com looks like a nice website. At least to consider it.
    And dickblick is like one of the best choices... along with jetpens... maybe.

Anyway. Again thanks for the tips. Its always nice to count with other tips and those secrets palces or heavens to find and shop supplies.
    J.C. Andy

Facebook

Thanks
    now that im reading the title, is badly written, sorry guys.
    J.C. Andy

Facebook

Thanks
    Searchin over the net i found this site... dunno how it will be, but they seems to have good prices, aparantly. http://www.draftingsteals.com/
    J.C. Andy

Facebook

Thanks
    Sketchbook is one click away:
    Never forget the Magicman