drawing from life in perspective help
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: drawing from life in perspective help

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question drawing from life in perspective help

im going through norling's perspective made easy and as i'm going through the chapters i feel like i understand and can apply the techniques when it comes to drawing from my imagination, like if i want to draw a cube or block or whatever that i can't see, i can easily do it. but there are times when he says to 'sketch a book on your desk in perspective' and its with these i really struggle with. even though i understand the concepts, applying them to something in front of me is really really difficult because i never get the angles right and i struggle with the vanishing points of something thats real. i build the book in perspective and it just looks wrong, like im drawing it from a different perspective than the one i actually see or its warped because i've gotten the vanishing points wrong. its very hard for me to draw it as i see it. i don't know if this is something i should be concerned about or if i should just continue to learn the concepts and apply them from imagination and that these problems will work themselves out over time.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For now think of "linear perpective" as just a way to keep everything in the same space...

Last edited by armando; September 4th, 2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: erased explanation
    Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

3. The Following User Says Thank You to armando For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.