HP tx2525nr pc should I?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: HP tx2525nr pc should I?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

HP tx2525nr pc should I?

I hear this one has digitizer & touchscreen. I hear it's one that still uses wacom technology. So I wondered if anyone tried it before? I hear the new one hp tx2 has the n digitizer that doesn't work with stuff like photoshop. I have a wacom tablet ( intuos2) so I really just want an all in one you know? Also this one is about $749 usd - refurbished. I don't have a lot of cash especially in a recession, so I'm hoping for something that could work out.. ^^ I appreciate any advice or info on this computer o.o

HP - Pavilion TX2525NR

Processor AMD Turion X2 2.0 GHZ OS Vista Ultimate
    HD 250 GB Drive DVDRW
    RAM 3 GB Max RAM 4 GB
    Screen 12.1 Webcam Yes
    Bluetooth No Finger Rd Yes

This HP Pavillion TX2525NR [FE920UA#ABA] tablet PC features a 12.1" display that is able to rotate up to 180 degrees for improved viewing from most angles. It allows you to use the included pen to write, draw and erase right on the screen. Looking for a touch screen? You found it. The HP Pavillion TX2525NR [FE920UA#ABA] display accepts handwritten notes, twists 180 degrees for presentations or easy viewing in cramped spaces, and folds flat like a slate. Added bonus: it has a built-in webcam and fingerprint reader.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You'd better be SURE it's a wacom digitizer. From my understanding the entire Tx series is N-Trig.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yah, I've been checking the hp series out up and down. I learned that tx2 is ntrig, but tx2xxx are wacom. The tx2xxx were an older series and tx2 are the new series. tx2 usually look like this in numbers : tx2- 12324 . The tx2xxx are usually tx2000, tx2525, etc.

But if anyone's seen the contrary please let me know! I haven't bought it yet and are checking things out.. I think they made it confusing with these series things. All these letters and numbers lol.

Here's what I saw elsewhere:

Which ones have the wacom digitizer? all the TX2500 series? like TX2525 etc?

The TX2000 series has the Wacom. Such as TX2000, TX2500, TX2525..

The TX2- #### has the ntrig digitizer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got the tx2000 series ( tx2513cl specifically). It has wacom technology and pressure sensitivity in photoshop and so on ^^ My pen is broke though, so got get a replacement ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Realized I never updated on how I like it

Cons: heat ( got a pad for my lap )
    Noise ( if it's really quiet you'll hear the fan kick on during tough programs)
    screen colors/ screen degree of viewing ( pale/ hard to see at certain angles)
    HP warranty support ( refuse to acknowledge it had been a pen problem)

Pros: Easy to tote ( i take it everywhere )
    good price ( refurbished and older, but good cpu power)
    Pressure sensitivity ( wacom, even with lower sensitivity, still awsome)
    Rotatable screen ( helps with the viewability and comfort)
    screen colors light ( It helps me get more contrasty )
    touch screen in addition to pen to screen action

I am so happy to have this tablet pc. I agonized on it way before I could ever hope to afford one. Just remember the new tx2 is n-trig technology, so you'll have to get the slightly older computers in the stylings of tx2500's series for wacom awsomeness.
    The sensitivity is negligible when compairing to the regular tablet. I enjoy having a computer I can just sit anywhere and draw on. I can draw in bed, on the couch, in a chair, at school, at figure drawing session... IT just rocks so much. Also the computer is able to handle my art projects at big sizes ( ie doing posters). Also people might enjoy the direct pen to screen feeling. Also you can calibrate your screen at any time to make sure you have your pen and cursor aligned perfectly
    My main gripe was the hp support. I knew it was the pen, but they treated me like I was mentally deficient and I had to jump through hoops to show them it was indeed the pen. When I was ready to send the pc back to tigerdirect ( BTW TIGERDIRECT was super awsome and I had no hassles from them about getting my money back, very very supportive), HP finally sent me a brand new pen. IT was the pen. Big surprise. I didnt send the computer back after I had the pen, because then I fell in love with the awesome tabletness! Woot So enjoy and get one. It doesn't have to be the pricey high end.. norms are great too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually your partially righ on the Tx series - however only partially.

The newer "Tx2" series, like Tx2z - is Ntrig only. Boo on them for changing.

The older tablets , the tx2000 series, like tx2510us, is Wacom. the change, is simply the "T" and "t"

All tx series are Wacom
    all Tx series are Ntrig

There is another small problem with the tx series - that can become devestating.

Overheating the GPU. The GPU puts too much heat out, and overheating it can cause total system failure, so I highly suggest a Cooling Dock (snap on plastic with fans) and special heat mats to dispurse the heat out from under it, or simply to prop it up on a table or hard surface to not hinder any air flow.

This issue can start as a small annoyance as programs begin to stutter and slow down, then crash, and eventually it burns out not only the GPU but the Wifi card to where BOTH have to be replaced, because the system won't even boot.

Please, PLEASE do NOT place ANY tablet or laptop on top of cloth, your direct lap, or anything like a blanket - the results will destroy your precious piece of technology, if not quickly, then slowly.

I highly recomment getting programs such as "real temp 2.0" to keep tabs on your heat, when it's starting to heat up - change how it sits, or turn it off. Better to have slight annoyances with moving it or haveing to restart it, then to permanently burn it out.

HP knows of the issue - but fails to do anything about it until the PC has been renedered useless, then if it's still under warrenty you can send it in for a new one - which hasn't had anything done to prevent it from occuring again (and you lose all your data.)

HP has to be one of the Worste companies for support, ever. But the products, as long as you are aware of what "may" go wrong - are excellent...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.