Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Painter 11 + Mac Snow Leopard = AMAZING!!!

Hi Guys,

It's unbelievable, i've tested Painter 11 with the new Snow Leopard, it's amazingly fast. When you click painter on the dock, it didn't bounce, painter 11 flash screen flash, then loads the application instantly. That's how amazingly fast the new OS is. I've tested it a bit for 2 hours, draw and paint with my intuos4. I didn't saw it crash I'm happy to upgrade to the latest OS!!!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Sounds good. Can you please keep us posted over the next few days if anything else comes up?

Thanks in advance.
    1SG V

To All My Brothers-In-Arms Overseas, God Bless You, Come Home Safe!!!

OIF 07-08

Thanks
    What about working with large, multi-layered files? does it have any noticeable slowdowns?

Thanks
    Tested it with 20mb file size for 6 hours, with less than 6 layers (not much in to layers though). it's running fine no crashes yet

I also tried making the brush size bigger like set the size to 100 and did a fast stroke, didn't notice any lagged too. with no optimization set like the ones in the sticky, just the default settings when you installed the application.

btw, here's my specs, mbp unibody late 08 model, with 4gb memory and 200+gb hdd, now hdd space, is about 80 gb free. Hope that helps guys.

Thanks
    Hmm, I don't care about filesize generally, I was more curious about pixel dimensions.
    Also different brushes have different complexity, like, I can normally work with artists oils up to 150-200 pixels in diameter, but chunky oil paster of the same size will be a killer.

What I mean is I wonder how fast is painter itself, not all that OS dependant stuff like lighting-fast windows and instantly starting program.

Thanks
    Can you run Painter 9 under Snow leopard?

Thanks
    Yeah, I have the same question about running Painer 9 with Snow Leopard. Can anybody check this out?

Thanks
    I think the idea of a Painter running fast anywhere would be a reason to buy a Mac for a lot of people

Questions :
    - Can you take a default digital watercolor brush, say the most basic one (I think there is a "simple water" or something) and raise the size of it and tell us when lag appears, so we can compare ?
    - when you zoom, is it fast, instant, on say anything around A4/300 dpi, with 6 layers ? Do you have visual glitches sometimes ? Same question while rotating.

How fast it loads is of no importance. I assume your HDD is a SSD, which is the kind of boost to loading speed you're describing. That said you only boot once, while lagging brush are here all the times. Hence the questions about brushes
    My comic book blog (french).. Some draws by Vincent Makles, some by me...

Thanks

my photopaint does not work now

sorry but now that i have upgraded to Snowleopard, my Image Adjustment menu options no longer work in PhotoPaint.

Anyone have any suggestions?? The adjustment window (none of them) will pop up when I go to Image>Adjust. It wont work when i use the shortcuts either like appleB for Contrast/Intensity.

i was making some adjustments to a large group of photos before i upgraded and only got through half of them.

I'm using version 11.
    Last edited by agostot; September 9th, 2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: version identification

Thanks
    hmmm... agostot, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think you are talking about a different program. Corel PhotoPaint is part of the Corel Draw suite and is not the same as Corel Painter (so nobody here may be of help - although of course you may be lucky). Corel Draw is now on version no. X4 (basically no. 14) so you have quite an old version. If no-one here can help, you might try the Corel Draw Forums for some help, or this forum HERE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hade View Post
    Yeah, I have the same question about running Painer 9 with Snow Leopard. Can anybody check this out?
    Painter IX works perfect with Snow Leopard.. better even, I reckon.

Thanks
    Same here. Painter 9 (Mine is 9.5) works at least as well as did with 10.5.7. Under rosetta in case of Snow L. But no much trouble after all.
    Sketchbook is one click away:
    Never forget the Magicman

Thanks
    I do have problems with Painter X, the ghost brushing is buggy as hell.. seems 11 has sorted this nicely and I never had a problem with it in 9 or 9.5

Thanks
    Thanks guys for answers about Painter IX.5, thanks a lot

Thanks

new to Corel......help!

I'm at a loss here. I have the OS X.6 mac, but I need to open Corel 8 files created on the old OS 9.2.2. I have snow leopard and have the current version of Corel X4.
    I've learned that i need Corel painter 11 (or Corel essentials) in order to either open the old files (which are currently on 3.5 floppies) and then to actually run the program. Any truth to this? Please entertain my inquiry..anyone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast