Need t-shirt designer (outdoors/sports)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Need t-shirt designer (outdoors/sports)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Need t-shirt designer (outdoors/sports)

Hey, I just stumbled across this site from a t-shirt forum I was one. Just looking through some of your portfolios, I can say that the quality of artwork here is amazing!

I am looking for a t-shirt designer... something much simpler then what I see here. I'm looking for a one or two color design that can be easily screen-printed. I'm not doing DTG printing. I'm looking for a style like what is seen on http://www.threadless.com/

My concept is a mountain climber scaling a mountain. The image should have the climber with his gear (ropes, cams, clips, helmet, etc) going up a mountain cliff. I'm not really looking for any text on the graphic.

I'm a graphics newb, so I hope I say this right. I'll need the .psd's and the vector files. The image will need to be like 300dpi and big enough to print on a t-shirt (8x10 inches?).

I have no idea how much designs like this cost. So I'll say that I can pay $50 paypal for this design. If no one responds I can up the offer.

I'll also need the artist to sign a contract signing over to me the copyright/ownership of the image as I will be printing these for resale.

Please PM me here, or email me at

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello DDDunbar,
    You forgot to put in your email. I would also like to humbly point out that the pay you're offering is quite low. Think that this would be one full days work for the artist you're hiring. I'd recommend something like $150-$200.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

T-Shirt Design

Do you really think that someone is going to hand over the copyright of an image that they have worked on for $50? I think you need to either up the pay and/or apply to the artist for a licence of their image. Maybe then you might get someone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lisette2, that's not the kind of attitude we encourage here. I can understand that a $50 design isn't going to appeal to everyone, but the job poster admitted to not knowing what kind of fee is appropriate, and that he/she was willing to pay more if there were no suitable responses at $50. Let's not give employers that are making an honest effort a hard time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

T-shirt design

Maybe I worded that incorrectly. What I was trying to point out was that copyright is worth a lot of money. I was not trying to give Mr/Mrs/ Ms Dunbar a hard time. I apologise if I sounded as though I was.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lisette2 For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.