Thanks

Presentation text on my website - help please

I made my website quite some time ago but I have kept postponing writing the intro text because I really, really hate that.
    Although I have a clear idea what I wish to communicate with my art, I can't get it to sound right.
    In most cases it gets too pretentious (like: "I see the artist as the modern day shaman with a link to the divine" or something like that) or it sounds like a dull academic lecture (although sex and religion combined can hardly be called dull) - or - in worst case - both.
    Well, maybe I am too ambitious, pretentious, academic and all that, and this might be my main problem (*ahem*,), so what I am looking for is a way to camouflage that a bit.

I was thinking if any of you guys know a couple of websites where you think artists present themselves well, so I can get a bit inspired and hopefully be able to present myself in a way that makes me sound professional, yet cool and like somebody you really want to work with. Piece of cake, right?

I hope you can come up with a couple of suggestions, because I am really stuck

Thanks a lot.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Do you want to present yourself as an artist? or as a freelancer. I suggest to keep it simple. In my website I just say: "I'm a creator".. and something more. I think, at least for the moment, that's more than enough... but maybe when I become more experienced (in knowing what I want with more precision), I'll change it..
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Well, both actually. I have mostly worked in fine art but now I want to get more freelance gigs doing illustrations, concept art and the like.

I think my website is somewhat cluttered and I am thinking about splitting it up into a fine art page and an illustrations/concept art page.
    But still, I have this intro text hurdle - now for two sites.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 604 Posts
    I'd suggest just welcome people to your site, say what type of art you do, a little bit about your method and a sentence on how to contact you. IMO you should let your artwork do the talking

Thanks
    Thanks! I have always been inclined to make do with just that, but I was afraid it would be too amateurish to say something like: "Hi, my name is Camilla and I paint. Have fun!"
    So you are saying that you can target a professional audience by just letting the paintings speak for themselves? No branding attempts? No marketing crap talk?
    I am so relieved if this is the case