FIT - Illustration Program
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: FIT - Illustration Program

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

FIT - Illustration Program

I just had a long talk with Ed Soyka(dept. Chair) today. I was wondering if anyone had some feedback about this program. Do you feel like you are getting the experience that you need out of it? How are the teachers? Would you rather have gone to a different school in NYC and why? Any feedback that is pertinent to the program would be great.

I am contemplating switching majors and I would really appreciate other people's point of view who are currently in the Illustration Program.
    Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm a first semester about to take my first class tomorrow. Are you too? What major do you want to switch into? A lot of the teachers at FIT also teach at SVA, Parsons, Pratt, etc. so I feel like I will be getting the same education for a lot cheaper. I am concerned about the choice of fashion vs. general illustration. I'm interested in fashion illustration but I'm not sure if it will give me the basic drawing/painting skills I want.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Devimyx View Post
    I'm a first semester about to take my first class tomorrow. Are you too? What major do you want to switch into? A lot of the teachers at FIT also teach at SVA, Parsons, Pratt, etc. so I feel like I will be getting the same education for a lot cheaper. I am concerned about the choice of fashion vs. general illustration. I'm interested in fashion illustration but I'm not sure if it will give me the basic drawing/painting skills I want.
    Thanks for the reply.
    No its not my 1st semester I was switching from the CG program to illustration.
    I spoke to someone in the fashion illustration program and she thought that the Painting classes were much better in the general illustration program. She said it was mostly because they just let you be loose and expressive in fashion and they are more focused with execution in general. But then again that is only one person's opinion.

Goodluck.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.