Holy Shit! Andrew Jones Changes my Life!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Holy Shit! Andrew Jones Changes my Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Holy Shit! Andrew Jones Changes my Life!

Wow, I am just blown away. I just met and saw Andrew Jones perform his new art/performance art project with an incredible professional dancer (I wish I could remember her name)
    at the last Oracle Gathering (The Fountain) in the mountains of Washington State.

It was incredible. Here are a couple of images.

Go to www.soaringbrain.com/ to see an image of the work.

What really blew me away though, was the advice and wisdom that Andrew bestowed. I wish I could do justice to what he was trying to say, but I will do my best.
    Overall, he stopped doing commercial concept art and media. He now does what he loves and is full-filled. His message to me was this,
    “Creativity and art are much more important than we think. It is one of the few redeeming qualities of humanity on this earth is one of the only things that we do that makes us worthy of living at all. We wont save the earth by recycling, we save the earth with our creativity and art.”

I wish I could repeat exactly what he told me.
    When I told him I am also a commercial artist who loves to do his own thing and not tampon ads he told me this:
    “Make your art, don’t worry about the money, for it will come if you are true to yourself and true to your art. And most of all, MAKE IT COUNT. We only have somewhere from 4 to 40 years., Who knows, so whatever you do, make it count.”
    He was most adamant about this.

His new project is just amazing. I believe it will change the way people do live video performance. I am most grateful to have had the chance to talk to one of my heros on this world. If you are curious if he is worthy of all the hype, money and fame, you better believe it. He and his partner Pheadra are some of the most activated people I have met and they have a mission. With me, his mission was a success and I image he will continue to tour the world with his vision, inspiration and wisdom.

James Coddington
    www.soaringbrain.com

Here is the only thing I could find from AJ himself

“Pha-Droid
    [ San Francisco Bay Area ]

4th Density Dance and Digital Art Projection

www.Pha-Droid.com
    Twitter

4th DENSITY DANCE
    a merging of the latest advances in digital art projection technology with the internal principles of dance

Andrew Jones and Phaedra Ana are pioneering the emergence of a new type of interactive expression which has been termed fourth density dance: a unique fusion of live painting and live movement that has naturally emerged from a multilayered joint venture that pushed individual boundaries.

On stage, fluidity of motion intuitively blends in with the flow of different dynamic objects moved around in space; while using a combination of proprietary software, custom digital hardware and state of the art tab- let technology powered by Wacom enable the projected visuals to organically tune into this motion, accentuating the dancer's movements as they follow them in real time until a new level of spatial depth is achieved.”

Pha-Droid
    Andrew Jones and Phaedra Ana present a unique fusion of live painting and live movement using a combination of self-engineered software and custom digital hardware. The projected visuals organically tune into the fluidity of performers on stage following them in real time. What manifests is a new level of spatial depth, creating a physical and visual state of synaesthesia and an infinite amount of variation in possibility. The new show “The Illuminated Experience” features an all star cast of over 30 artists, dancers and live musicians.

James Coddington

www.soaringbrain.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soaringbrain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, I think you should use the IMG tags so we can see your images here. I can't find them in your website.

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That website is a mystery meat and compositional nightmare - I couldn't find anything.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiniGoth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with MiniGoth, I couldn't see and find anything. Please post the images here for all to see.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maybe he's talking bout these small pics : http://www.soaringbrain.com/phadroid_foto.jpg ! POST BIGGER PICS DUDE !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

only image I could find

That was the only image I could find.

Im sorry.

Sorry about my site sucking too.

j

James Coddington

www.soaringbrain.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im glad someone found the link. I removed it from my site, so now the only way to see it is to go to the link

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=113071

what is so mysterious about my meat?

James Coddington

www.soaringbrain.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry, I meant

http://www.soaringbrain.com/phadroid_foto.jpg

the mystery is meatless

James Coddington

www.soaringbrain.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 133 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks James

the two performances at the Oracle event mark were the deepest that we have gone with an audience ever before.

if your up for a Inspirational Fix i will be giving a live online lecture tomorrow afternoon at 1pm central time, more info can be found here.

http://www.conceptartstore.com/artofbeauty.html

remember to make it count!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jason Manley is online now Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,573 Times in 2,182 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for posting that. Mr. and Mrs. Jones are getting better and better. One of these days andrew will have custom tech to do just about everything he does simultaneously.

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Andrew, I wonder if you're familiar with a Melbourne dance company called "chunky move" that has done some interesting dance performances using projectors and intelligent motion tracking software.

Members who have read this thread: 2