View Poll Results: Team Chow II Poll! Woooot!

Voters
324. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Chow II :: VOTING :: Good and Evil

57 17.59%

6 1.85%

14 4.32%

21 6.48%

13 4.01%

59 18.21%

8 2.47%

12 3.70%

198 61.11%

10 3.09%

22 6.79%

26 8.02%

8 2.47%

9 2.78%

8 2.47%

10 3.09%
  • Team Obsidian (no thumbnail)

6 1.85%

29 8.95%

214 66.05%

10 3.09%

33 10.19%

59 18.21%

9 2.78%

10 3.09%

20 6.17%

16 4.94%

9 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Team Chow II :: VOTING :: Good and Evil

Thanks
    This was a lot of fun! Thanks to everyone for all the inspirational work!

Attachment 767508
    Goonsquad:
    Adam Schumpert
    NoShot
    Team Sketchbook

Noggrin - Goblin Paladin
    Attachment 767512
    I want to show the world that we aren't all savages.
    My people can be better than the filth the world has
    made us out to be. My people can bring light into this world,
    and I will prove it. I will be a light in the darkness,
    I will be the shield in the night.

Noggrin - Goblin Blackguard
    Attachment 767511
    I wanted to show the world that we weren't all savages, and I did...
    but they threw it back in my face. They slaughtered my family, burned
    my people for sport and forced us to be their slaves, but no more...
    I gave them a gift and they betrayed me... Now I will give them my hate
    and they shall burn in the fires of my fury.
    Their blood will be my wine, their flesh will be my meat,
    and their screams will be the lullabies of my children

FeyVictus - Litch Tyrant
    Attachment 767516
    Countless years I toiled. Begged at the feet of sages,
    served wise clergy on my hands and knees, always hunting for knowledge... for power...
    and I came to realize that it did not matter who I served or where I studied
    how studious or penitent I was, I would never gain the power I sought
    in my life time... I came to realize the only way to gain power... true power
    is to take it. Take it and destroy anyone who rivals you.
    Consume their power and make them bow before you.
    FeyVictus, suffering to the conquered! All of creation shall bow before me!

InVictus
    Attachment 767514
    How many years has it been... I can not remember...
    I'm haunted by the nightmares of my youth... can it really be called youth?
    I guess I was young and foolish... oh so foolish... I can never atone for
    the evil I created... for the evil I was... for the evil of my very existence...
    I know that now. My soul is damned, cursed to slowly deteriorate in this husk of a body.
    I will never be forgiven for what I've done, but I still have some power within me.
    Never again will I allow darkness to rule this world.
    I shall become the unbreakable stone that stands in defiance of the raging storms,
    the one who will stand his ground before the insurmountable host of darkness!
    I have wrestled death and I have thrown him bloodied and broken
    to the ground!
    I will stand upon the crest of the world and throw back the tempest of Chaos!
    For I am and shall always be InVictus ~ the Unconquered!
    Last edited by Adam Schumpert; September 1st, 2009 at 11:35 AM.
    WARNING!!!!!
    WAAAAAY WAAAAAY way out of Date!

My Sketch Book
    TEAM CHOW I
    TEAM CHOW III
    I'm always trying to improve.
    Any help, encouragement, crits,
    or comments are greatly appreciated!
    Please let me know what you think
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Schumpert For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The Real Atelier

Attachment 767522

Team The Real Atelier team

Attachment 767517
    Yrbrid il Maustrel
    "A glowing sight met me at the base of one of the great cliffs. A traveler, gilt in white and gold, bleeding from a grievous wound. She seemed to take no notice of the gashes in her side and beckoned me to the waterfall. 'Share some peace with me, friend. Life is short.' What else could I do but sit down?"

Attachment 767518
    Lhor il Kulphicet
    "I turned from the murder before me, startled by the screams of the angry ghosts rushing up from behind me. I closed my eyes and held my shaking arms around me as they rushed past. I heard the murderer's receding voice above her steps, 'You'll have to wait another day, spirits!' And then it was all gone, and I was alone with naught but the corpse for company."

Attachment 767519
    The Good Elf Sorceress "Every time I fix something up nice she goes and ruins it, she hangs up those skulls and lures those dumb men back to her cave... she really is an evil mistress"

The Evil Elf Mistress "You know I'm just trying to have a fun time, But all that goody two-shoes can do is get all up in my business... Honestly she should care less about me and more about herself"

Attachment 767520
    Igor Crumb
    The elite guardian of The Great Cloud Towers, he's tougher then a ten ton rhino and has defeated entire armies on his own...but if you ask any of the lovely orc ladies, its his luscious flowing locks of dark hair that he's most proud of.

Attachment 767521
    King Thunder
    Leader of the Northern Orc Armies. If he's not plundering or looting he's usually killing and murdering. He finds his great strength in eating the beating heart of a Unicorn...the last unicorn.

He is the W.I.P thread
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=165745
    sketchbook

"If you ever give your best... well give it better"-Maniac...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to localfatheaded For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Attachment 767694

Team Tall, Grande & Venti consists of the following members:

Daestwen :: Dished :: Sunroamer :: Yoitisi

The Team Sketchbook can be found here:
    Team Tall, Grande & Venti Sketchbook

------------------------------------------------------

Below is our teams effort. A short note here, since we are with four team members but only delivered 6 images. Due to health reasons yoitisi had to resign in the last week and take some rest, and since there was not much point in creating a character which showed only one side instead of both good and evil we decided to leave it at six.

Attachment 767797Attachment 767798

Name: Ren
    Race: Human
    Profession: Cleric

Having grown up as one of the highborn in the xenophobic human nation of Imperium, Ren too carried a deep hatred for the so called demons and the wretched pagans who collaborated with them. From when he turned 13 years old he had always been prepared for his warring duties, which included physical and mental as well as magical training. Finally, when he was 20 years old, he first rode into real battle, soon becoming one of the most feared Dux militum in Imperium's short and bloody history.

Good:
    Still drunk on the bloodshed of a previous slaughter, Ren and his soldiers were ambushed during a campaign deep within heathen-territory. Taken by surprise, he only managed to barely keep his life, however he lost his right arm. In fact, he only survived thanks to his panicking horse which ran off and pulled him along, throwing itself into a river running nearby.
    He had passed out and, when he regained conciousness, found himself bandaged and obviously treated by a skillful physician, however still too weak to move. To his great dismay he soon realized that he had been saved by the demons he'd hunted down so vigorously before: the rebellious elves of the Magoth deltas had saved him, although his armour and weapons had clearly identified him as an enemy. Even though he was distrusting at first (in fact, the elves were too) he came to like his saviors over the time and even helped them out. He learned much about them and he found it largely confusing, because these people definitely weren't the demons he'd been told of.
    Then, one day a little war band of Imperium soldiers raided the village and started to slaughter all its inhabitants; knowing full well that they would leave nobody alive Ren made his final decision: he turned against his former comrades, his patria, his familia. He decided that they were the true demons.

Evil:
    Still drunk on the bloodshed of a previous slaughter, Ren and his soldiers were ambushed during a campaign deep within heathen-territory. Taken by surprise, he only managed to barely keep his life, however he lost his right arm. Even though rendered defenseless, he survived as he was favored by Imperium's deities: as his blood gushed forth and his enemies' blades came down a last time to take his head, he unleashed powerful magic which seemed to spill out of his wound just like the blood did, breaking all the heathen warriors and gruesomly deforming them into they were utterly unrecognizable.
    When he returned to Sanctum, the capital of Imperium, he was declared Divinus by the Pontifex and forever cherished by the people, becoming one of their greatest heroes.

Attachment 767799Attachment 767800

Name: Vaerach
    Race: Half-Orc
    Profession: Shaman

Vaerach always found within her the innate ability to connect with all things living, whether they be sentient or almost barely truly alive.

Good:
    Living as an out-cast from both cultures, Vaerach lives on the outskirts of the empire, silently trying to re-grow the burnt down forests and destroyed land left in it's wake. Covered with tattoos to increase and control her power, she channel's the earth's energy to do her will and heal itself.

Evil:
    Captured by imperial forces, she was tapped as a power source for their mages, using her body as a direct line between them and the earth energy she so naturally called upon. Overloading on the energy, it twisted her mind, body and soul, and she coldly killed every one of her handlers in a power-frenzied state. Covered in slave-tattoos from the empire, she can no longer reintegrate with society - not that she would if she could. Her mind half gone, she hunts down any that cross her path - Imperial or otherwise - and rips the life force out of them. The corspes she leaves for her slugs.

Attachment 767801Attachment 767802

Name: Cressech
    Race: Lizardman
    Profession: Warrior Monk

Good:
    Born in the hot and humid swamps of the regions south of the Empire, Cressech is the sole survivor of his nest. After brutal fights for survival while growing up, both with predators and their own kin, he and his sister emerged from the swamp in search of ancient knowledge hidden in temples and libraries spread across the world. They were a couple that fought side by side, a rarity amongst their solitary race. However, as soon as they hit the Empire they were betrayed and his sister killed by the xenophobic soldiers of the Empire, though she took at least two dozen of her foes with her.
    Though his hatred for the Empire started here, Cressech himself was saved by a few sympathetic souls and helped past the lines of the Empires forces. He now roams the world to continue what he and his sister started out to do, though any soldier of the Empire crossing his path is in mortal danger.

Evil:
    After the death of his sister, Cressech decided the Empire needed to be wiped from the face of the earth. Although being just a single warrior, he set out to seek ancient knowledge of evil and dark arts to enhance his skills and powers, crossing the line between good and evil. He is a feared enemy of the Empire, and kills without remorse. His might in battle and skill with his weapons, powers he obtained from ancient scrolls and masters in the dark arts, makes him a warrior like none other.

Last edited by yoitisi; September 1st, 2009 at 12:25 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yoitisi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    Team Supreme

Sketchbook

Name: Merehim
    Race: Druid
    Class: Cleric

Good:

A lonesome soul, Merehim wanders the defiled forests of Kandor in search for peace. Using his gift to bring new life into what once was decayed and rotten, a memorial more than a calling, he mourns the loss of one most dear to him. Waiting.. for the call that never will come.

Team Chow II :: VOTING :: Good and Evil

Evil:

Contaminated by the essense of Kandor, Merehim turned to the blood of innocence. For too long had he wandered among death and decay, seeing nothing but hatred. His once lifegiving gift was captured and twisted into a tool of darkness. He walks no longer as a giver of life, and no longer does he have a cause. He justs wants to see the world bleed as his heart could not.

Name: Narcelus
    Race: Narcelii
    Class: Brawler

Good:

The last known member of the lost Narcelii race, Narcelus has been fending for himself in the Kandor forest for practically his entire life. However, when he encounters a druid also living in the forest, they form a bond and help each other survive. Together they have survived in the forest while avoiding hunting teams from the nearby human village.

Evil:

The last known member of the lost Narcelii race, Narcelus has been fending for himself in the forest for practically his entire life. Due to being constantly hunted by a nearby human city, Narcelus has developed tremendous hostility towards humans, and none who have attempted to track him down have survived.

Name: Ophelie
    Race: Human
    Class: Theif

Good:

Ophelie is a thief, but not in the usual sense of the word. She is more of a reclaimer someone who is able to relocate lost or stolen items. Items of much greater worth than any peasant could lay claim to. Her clients usually include lords and ladies who's treasure larders had been ransacked by bandits or jails who have misplaced some convicts. She was raised in a traveling circus and spent most of her formative years as a carefree girl. She is a free spirit and claims loyalty to no one.

Evil:

Ophelie works for the township as a gatherer of information and a woman who knows how to get things. Orphaned and homeless as a young girl, she learned the art of theft and the ability to avoid being seen to survive. Her formative years were spent alone and in darkness. She owes her allegiance to the lord of the land for giving her a home and she carries out his every wish, even dealing death at his word. She has become a bit of an urban legend, her masquerade mask has become a symbol of tyranny and fear.
    Last edited by Ian Barker; September 1st, 2009 at 09:22 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    EDIT:CLOSED. WATCH THIS SPACE FOR THE POLL.

Please no comments until the poll is up.

Thankee much and kindly.
    Last edited by daestwen; September 1st, 2009 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks
    Poll is Up!

The people who didn't post a full entry didn't get in, obviously.

There was at least one team who didn't post all of their written stuff, and three teams who didn't have a thumbnail. I let this stuff pass, but please please please read and follow instructions, thankee kindly.

Thanks
    I'll definitely vote for Studio Moinoi and The Howling Loveboys but well, I consider voting for one or two other teams so I'll take my time before I make my final decision^^

Anyway, I really enjoyed looking at what everyone came up with! Good work :]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    Oh gosh, I forgot about the thumbnail. Is it too late for me to make one real quick?

Thanks
    Nope, if you make one I'll edit the poll and add it. That goes for the other two teams too.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to daestwen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I voted for Team "Team Interglacial Chlamydia" I thought that their characters were very distinctive from good and evil (and the descriptions were amazing) and at the same time they kept it real.
    Last edited by Razorleaf; September 4th, 2009 at 07:25 PM.
    "Creativity emerges only when the imagination is given the freedom it deserves."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Razorleaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I voted for Howling Loveboys, Team Birthday & Moinoi. I loved their takes on their characters, the switch from good to evil, the technical painting abilities and, finally, presentation (loved the gothic wooden frames, and in some cases, crackling, on each of them.)

If I had to... Howling as first place. They really feel like fantasty game cards.

Really outstanding work everyone. You all should be very proud. Next time I hope to join in the fun.
    My Sketchbook :: Phantasmagoria
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Illustration Portfolio :: jasonsnair.carbonmade.com
    Design Portfolio :: jasonsnairdesign.carbonmade.com
    My Blog -- Feed Me Toast!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Snair For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm still high from looking at all those great entries.
    And since everybody done a great job, short feedback to every team (I wrote critic, but there's not much to criticize ^^' )

Team Steam Boat: Great work with desing and painting, but also in giving the characters a connecting story. Really like it.

Daemonic Squirrels: Nice desings, but bad presentation. The backgrounds steals the characters show.

Doomsday dream clan: I like your desings, there are some really interesting details

Interglacial Chlamydia: Looking at your characters, you can see the world they live in. Good job. It's a pity, Gaius i drawn/ painted with a different technique wich don't fit with the other characters.

Brotherhood of Heel: I rally like the Ent and I like your drawing styles, it looks a bit like pictures in a fairy tale book.

Team Birthday: Great Work, I like the evil elf the most.

Super High Five Squad: Sounds/ looks interesting, it's a pity you could't finish.

Team Coco Meowza: Good Job in creating a world and desining characters, they fit perfect together

DeKal: looks great, even if it's only one pic.

Studio Moinoi: I'm spechless, absolutly great work, just love it.

Team McFly: Good job, I like the orc desings most.

Team Chönyid bardo: You created an interesting setting, I can imagine the characters working together or fight

Team White rabbit: Good job, I like the goblin designs

Team Fluffy Fledglings: Great job with the ogre, and even they aren't finish, the other WIP in the sketchbook looking good.

team cobra yawn: I love the assasin but the other are good too.

Random Team 3: Nice job, but I wished some common elements wich shows they belong together.

The Happy Little Trees: I really like the wich and the orc fighter desings, but good job everyone. And really nice sketchbook.

Team Obsidian: I really like the evil knights exression. Nice job

Milk of Amnesia: Great work. Another team able to create a world only painting few characters.

Howling Loveboys: Amazing work, love it

Ken-Do-Pu-En-Ds: Good job on the pictures, but I miss a common element.

TEAM KYZULUS: Good job, my favorite is the good monk giant

team baguette!: Great work, i really like it.

dangerousOily: Great story and pictures. i had some difficultis to see who's good and who's evil, but elst great job.

Goonsquad: Great job, I especially like the dogs.

The Real Atelier: I really like your work but the different presentation is some kind of confusing.

Tall, Grande & Venti: Great work with the character stories too.

Team Supreme: Nice work but I miss a common design element.

Phu, now I go back studying. There's still so much to learn.
    Forgive me my bad english

my sketchbook and my homepage

21. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to skorpi For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    I seriously think this time team chow was simply awesome !
    Every body did some excellent work !
    But I voted for 4 teams, I think they all really have done an amazing team work, I say an amazing team work because when I look at the final pictures, I cant figure who did which one !

-Team Steam Boat : Really would have loved to see more ! all of them are alive ! the faces are ACE !
    -Team Moinoi : Weellll I won't lie, I had a prejudice on your team, I thought that they were so many awesome teams, and seeing so many people writing on your team sb before seeing your stuff did get a little on my nervs (I felt like I was on DA ).
    But ! I must admit, you did a stunning work, so I won't be an asswhole, you 3 are good at what you're doing, great compositions, colors, light, concepts...well GREAT !
    -Team Loveboys : I think you are my favorite team, most inspiring concepts I've seen in a while... And soo many of them !
    -Team Baguette : To be honest, at very first I thought you guys without D@niel and Daniel C were not going to make it to the finals, but but but ! fucking first thought !
    You guys did an awesome job with your new member, total harmony in all the chars

Thanks to everyone who participated, and special thanks to Daestwen for all of this !

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark Tarrisse For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast