Team Chow II :: VOTING :: Good and Evil - Page 2

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Team Chow II Poll! Woooot!

Voters
324. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Chow II :: VOTING :: Good and Evil

57 17.59%

6 1.85%

14 4.32%

21 6.48%

13 4.01%

59 18.21%

8 2.47%

12 3.70%

198 61.11%

10 3.09%

22 6.79%

26 8.02%

8 2.47%

9 2.78%

8 2.47%

10 3.09%
  • Team Obsidian (no thumbnail)

6 1.85%

29 8.95%

214 66.05%

10 3.09%

33 10.19%

59 18.21%

9 2.78%

10 3.09%

20 6.17%

16 4.94%

9 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    EDIT:CLOSED. WATCH THIS SPACE FOR THE POLL.

Please no comments until the poll is up.

Thankee much and kindly.

Last edited by daestwen; September 1st, 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Poll is Up!

The people who didn't post a full entry didn't get in, obviously.

There was at least one team who didn't post all of their written stuff, and three teams who didn't have a thumbnail. I let this stuff pass, but please please please read and follow instructions, thankee kindly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll definitely vote for Studio Moinoi and The Howling Loveboys but well, I consider voting for one or two other teams so I'll take my time before I make my final decision^^

Anyway, I really enjoyed looking at what everyone came up with! Good work :]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nope, if you make one I'll edit the poll and add it. That goes for the other two teams too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to daestwen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Team "Team Interglacial Chlamydia" I thought that their characters were very distinctive from good and evil (and the descriptions were amazing) and at the same time they kept it real.

Last edited by Razorleaf; September 4th, 2009 at 07:25 PM.
    "Creativity emerges only when the imagination is given the freedom it deserves."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Razorleaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Howling Loveboys, Team Birthday & Moinoi. I loved their takes on their characters, the switch from good to evil, the technical painting abilities and, finally, presentation (loved the gothic wooden frames, and in some cases, crackling, on each of them.)

If I had to... Howling as first place. They really feel like fantasty game cards.

Really outstanding work everyone. You all should be very proud. Next time I hope to join in the fun.

My Sketchbook :: Phantasmagoria
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Illustration Portfolio :: jasonsnair.carbonmade.com
    Design Portfolio :: jasonsnairdesign.carbonmade.com
    My Blog -- Feed Me Toast!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Snair For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm still high from looking at all those great entries.
    And since everybody done a great job, short feedback to every team (I wrote critic, but there's not much to criticize ^^' )

Team Steam Boat: Great work with desing and painting, but also in giving the characters a connecting story. Really like it.

Daemonic Squirrels: Nice desings, but bad presentation. The backgrounds steals the characters show.

Doomsday dream clan: I like your desings, there are some really interesting details

Interglacial Chlamydia: Looking at your characters, you can see the world they live in. Good job. It's a pity, Gaius i drawn/ painted with a different technique wich don't fit with the other characters.

Brotherhood of Heel: I rally like the Ent and I like your drawing styles, it looks a bit like pictures in a fairy tale book.

Team Birthday: Great Work, I like the evil elf the most.

Super High Five Squad: Sounds/ looks interesting, it's a pity you could't finish.

Team Coco Meowza: Good Job in creating a world and desining characters, they fit perfect together

DeKal: looks great, even if it's only one pic.

Studio Moinoi: I'm spechless, absolutly great work, just love it.

Team McFly: Good job, I like the orc desings most.

Team Chönyid bardo: You created an interesting setting, I can imagine the characters working together or fight

Team White rabbit: Good job, I like the goblin designs

Team Fluffy Fledglings: Great job with the ogre, and even they aren't finish, the other WIP in the sketchbook looking good.

team cobra yawn: I love the assasin but the other are good too.

Random Team 3: Nice job, but I wished some common elements wich shows they belong together.

The Happy Little Trees: I really like the wich and the orc fighter desings, but good job everyone. And really nice sketchbook.

Team Obsidian: I really like the evil knights exression. Nice job

Milk of Amnesia: Great work. Another team able to create a world only painting few characters.

Howling Loveboys: Amazing work, love it

Ken-Do-Pu-En-Ds: Good job on the pictures, but I miss a common element.

TEAM KYZULUS: Good job, my favorite is the good monk giant

team baguette!: Great work, i really like it.

dangerousOily: Great story and pictures. i had some difficultis to see who's good and who's evil, but elst great job.

Goonsquad: Great job, I especially like the dogs.

The Real Atelier: I really like your work but the different presentation is some kind of confusing.

Tall, Grande & Venti: Great work with the character stories too.

Team Supreme: Nice work but I miss a common design element.

Phu, now I go back studying. There's still so much to learn.

Forgive me my bad english

my sketchbook and my homepage

13. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to skorpi For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I seriously think this time team chow was simply awesome !
    Every body did some excellent work !
    But I voted for 4 teams, I think they all really have done an amazing team work, I say an amazing team work because when I look at the final pictures, I cant figure who did which one !

-Team Steam Boat : Really would have loved to see more ! all of them are alive ! the faces are ACE !
    -Team Moinoi : Weellll I won't lie, I had a prejudice on your team, I thought that they were so many awesome teams, and seeing so many people writing on your team sb before seeing your stuff did get a little on my nervs (I felt like I was on DA ).
    But ! I must admit, you did a stunning work, so I won't be an asswhole, you 3 are good at what you're doing, great compositions, colors, light, concepts...well GREAT !
    -Team Loveboys : I think you are my favorite team, most inspiring concepts I've seen in a while... And soo many of them !
    -Team Baguette : To be honest, at very first I thought you guys without D@niel and Daniel C were not going to make it to the finals, but but but ! fucking first thought !
    You guys did an awesome job with your new member, total harmony in all the chars

Thanks to everyone who participated, and special thanks to Daestwen for all of this !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark Tarrisse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry guys, i made a missed vote, checked my own box tooo.....oh our stufff is toooooooooo goooooooooood... :p

so sorry, i didnt wanna be a dumbass bastard. Daestwen said, she can delete the path of the vote from the counter, but my name cant sweepable formm there, so just wanted you to know about that.

voting is interesting, favourites earnd the lot votes.

hopes next time my team will be more popular , and dont need my own vote :p

cheers, and congrat teams who arrived tothe finish of this great contest

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jozulus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i voted for everybody cause ALL YALL RRRRRRRRROOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YALL DID SUCH AN AMAZING JOB AN EVERYONE REALLY PUSHED TO NEW LEVELS THANKS !!!!

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SMILEFACE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted howling and moinoi. not only they placed strong in numbers but also outstanding in quality. really thought everybody did a great work pushing their abilities and making the comitement, and i do hope i'll get to participate the next time Team Chow comes around

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Muscari For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good Luck everyone!
    I voted for the groups who I think would benefit from the prizes the most and that worked well as a team and thinking outside the box.

And a big thanks to the groups who took time out to help other teams, growth is the most important prize.

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Made the Thumbnail

Sorry we forgot to make one. If it's not to late, we added our thumbnail to our original post.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by daestwen View Post
    Nope, if you make one I'll edit the poll and add it. That goes for the other two teams too.

Last edited by no_name_brand; September 1st, 2009 at 08:37 PM.
    "the Hispanic mechanic?"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyone knows what happened to Jessibean and her thoundercats? I'm actually quite looking forward to see their stuff, their sketch book is awesome!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fluorine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for:
    Team Steamboat for coherent style and very fresh character designs.
    Studio Moinoi I love the effort you guys put in in creating a story illustration for each character rather than a simple character design. The wide variety of character is also really nice.
    Howling Loveboys... I can pretty much just say DAMN... damn... *deep breath* damn. The sheer life you breath into your characters is just crazy.
    team baguette: fantastic colors and characters. I love what you guys did with the good and evil version - they are very clearly the same characters with different allignments.

Close to voting for:
    Team Birthday - I debated over this a lot - the rendering is fantastic and the character designs are solid. At first glance, however, I personally could not tell which side is good and which is evil, which imo is an important aspect of this assignment. Sorry if I'm being dorky here, and I'm sure you are getting a ton of votes elsewhere Really sweet art.

Fantastic work everyone. This is truly a great feast of the eyes! Been a fun round!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Howling Loveboys were an obvious standout in terms of both concept and execution so they got one vote from me.
    I think team Baguette however ended up my favorite. The concepts were very dynamic and they clearly communicated good vs. evil but at the same time they were all so brutal. So brutal.
    Great job everyone.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ¿Dubious? For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [Long ass dwardo post ... sorries]

Steamboat: I love your finishes I'd love to see those characters in a 2D side scrolling game. I'm a bit old school, I know.

Daemonic Squirrels: I dig the lines. They have old school comic book feel to them. Like the Heavy Metal. I don't know if your coloring was on purpose, but man they all work together, just a tad more refinement and they'd be sweet.

Omen Twins: The hands - on all of them - I dig. The little target baby is heelarious.

Interglacial Chlamydia: I love the finishing skills on all of them. The rendering and details, noice.

Brotherhood of Heel: If there was ever a game that had the feel of a watercolour, I would totally buy it. Nice feels on the finals.

Team Birthday: The rendering and lightings are superb. The frames (could've used shadows on the glass panes, but they still look hot) Awesome finishes.

Primordial Seven: Which one is tron's Faceless characters always scare me. It's my imagination that puts it over the top. The off-centre, leaning feels. I totally dig.

Random Team 1: Your finals, they all work together. Did yous pass it on to each other to work on it and get a co-hesive feel?
    Indian bear classic.

Coco Meowza: < Meowza, that's a good one. Anything with a children's book feel and mood, I always dig. Those characters take me back a long ways. I love all the cloth and motion.

Studio Moinoi: Your first explosive WIP post still has me shaking. Your finals, finishing, feels and moods. Brilliant. Thank you for the inspirations.

Team Mc Fly: Isometric game I see them in, nice co-hesive feel on the finals. The green ones remind me of Warcraft 1.

Chonyid Bardo: Awesome finishes and they all work together. Hmmm! The backgrounds, delish.

White Rabbit: the details, rendering - basically the finishing - is tops. Awesome light and dreamy feels.

Fluffy Fledglings: Nice job sticking with it Zilrion and R3u5 (Re-use?) Inspired. The multipled limbed takes me back to Mortal Kombat 1? or was it 2. And I'm still on the look out for games with that kind of feel R3u5.
    There's probably one out there, but then again, I don't have a console.
    Good stuff.

Cobra Yawn: Nice characters. I love how they are all carrying weight on them. Nice.

Random Team 3: The final gnoll characters look like they are in the game already, that's awesome. I'd love to model them out. And all the characters compliment each other nicely.

Happy Little Trees: I could've gone without life not seeing that old mage. But where's life if there's no laughter. hehehe. Good stuff, I can see
    them all as fantasy characters indeed. And they all have the same feel. Cool cool.

Team Obsidian: I love the weapons and cloth on the finals. Kudos on cloth [I've yet to try some cloth studies] I like the lightings too.

Milk of Amnesia: I love all of those finals: The stories. Superb. Inspired. No more kissing as, my lips are tired. mwah

Howling Loveboys: Who's ass needs one more kiss. Inspiring and motivating works. I can't ask for anything more. Funny and creatives, sweeeet. And I love those prose - they couple the characters nicely. They remind me of the Warhammer one liners, Powerful.

Kyzulus: the presentation, descriptions and illustrations are tops.
    AWesome stuff. Inspiring. I'll kiss anyone's ass, whoever is interested.

Team Baguette: The finishing, framing and and backgrounds are sweet man. Thank you for sharing.

Dangerously Oily: The finals all work together, with the occasional hue mystery feels. I like them. The descriptions, brutally thorough. Nice. Inspired once again. Thank yous.

Goon Squad: The finals Are they both dogs? They motions are freakin awesome. I love the lighting on that skulls. The shadows look right, I couldn't get them on my ones. Good stuff.

the Real Atelier: Brilliant finishes. I can't ask for more. Inspiring and motivating. Thank yous for sharin. Awesome awesome. It looks like an artbook I'm lookin through.

Grande Venti: The cloths are awesome, the colours I lurve, and that lizard is just too cute. I love the texures. [Oh my gawd, so much to learn. ] Thanks yous.

Team Supreme: I lurve the different feels. I could play a game like that. You know how Animatrix had different directors, or that movie 'Waking Life'. Brilliant.

Did I miss anyone - please send over a pm, so I can googlay your work and comment - I'm still googley eyed from this overhwhelmsion of the past month. Awesome stuff.

skorpi: The team wanted a RAW feel, and since we were working with 3 timezones, we felt it would waste a lot of time waiting for each other.
    Plus the fact that we each didn't have a solid digital process was something of an obstacle.
    I wish my other team members were more open of their workflows - we were still noobs - I still enjoyed this month for the sharing of ideas. Really motivating, and inspiring.
    Communication we have a long ways to go with. It was a nightmare.
    Kenneth: Thank you for saving my ass the last few hours. Paramount.

I voted for everyone - except for my team, but Kenneth did that already -
    But if I had to pick 3, it would be;
    -Howling Loveboys for their motion and execution and those powerful paragraphs.
    -Moinoi for their explosive first WIP post. I wish they had posted them sooner 'cause it just really motivated and inspired my personally. Their finals. Hmm! delish.
    -A toss up between a lot of teams when we're looking at the votes for co-hesion and story development. Everyone did so good with finishes.

I voted on everyone 'cause they do a lot of things better than I can, and I I'd like to reach those one day. Soon. ASAP, while I'm still healthy.

Thank you everyone (And please, if I missed your team, do please send a pm and I'll perve and edit in a comment. )

Thank you CHOW II!

32. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to vardoburrito For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I actually got chills and was like, moved, by looking at these entries. My eyes bugged out of my head, these are SO gorgeous!!!

Steamboat, Birthday, Moinoi and Howling Loveboys You all inspire, inspire, inspire.

And if any one of you are interested in a worshipful mentee who is desperate to learn (and who can pay for your time!) send me a PM

“It is enough that we set out to mold the motley stuff of life into some form of our own choosing; when we do, the performance is itself the wage.”
    -Learned Hand

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." ~Albert Einstein

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Nerahla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by CKLamb View Post
    Hala pointed out something kind of ironic if you look at who's winning and what they'll win.
    That just means the rest of us mere mortals will have to pedal harder next time to win the race, yes?

I'm not sure who to vote for yet, I feel like giving everyone a vote just for sheer awesomeness of finishing something for this

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoitisi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes. Having talented people means the competition becomes that much harder, and in the end, you push yourself harder, and create your best work yet.
    It's a win/win as long as you tried your hardest.

"Be either full-assed or no-assed. There is no half assed."

SSG SKETCHPOT/FLYING RADISHES/ OR JUST PLAIN AWESOME.
    KT | Reutte | Darkmoon |Asatira | AnthonyV

[CENTER]
    My Website
    ~ My Sketchbook ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter ~ My Deviantart ~

38. The Following User Says Thank You to hala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lots of fantastic work, everyone. Makes me even more saddened that our team didn't make it to the polls and make a showing with this group.

I voted for more than one team, which I usually don't do. I didn't want to put the great stuff some people did anything but parallel to the other great stuff that other people did.

Again, great work! tonnes of good entries, and I bet a lot of improvement was made in the challenge.

Peace,
    Sean

Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitisi View Post
    That just means the rest of us mere mortals will have to pedal harder next time to win the race, yes?
    I definitely think having professional quality entries makes this (and all weekly activities) exciting. I completely wasn't being snide, when I was pointing out the irony of the situation. It was more or less a humorous point, for myself at least. I voted for both the teams that had the most improvement over the lifespan of their sketchbooks and the teams that just rocked my socks off.

As far as pedaling, we all might need to start pedaling hard right now and not stop until TeamCHOW III is over!

Last edited by {CKL}; September 2nd, 2009 at 12:02 PM.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to {CKL} For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This was awesome!!! So many inspirational entries!... So... When is the next one?!!

WARNING!!!!!
    WAAAAAY WAAAAAY way out of Date!

My Sketch Book
    TEAM CHOW I
    TEAM CHOW III
    I'm always trying to improve.
    Any help, encouragement, crits,
    or comments are greatly appreciated!
    Please let me know what you think

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi folks thanks for all the love so far hahaha
    i voted for only 1 team moinoi
    there were several entries i loved and a few i would have voted for but something was bugging me over all
    ill post crits tonight
    im going to try to get to every team in the poll if not every image (might be too tall of an order hahah)
    until then
    GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trevor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am totally amazed by all the teams and all the AWESOME work produced. The Loveboys should send those images over to Magic or some game company-It would be published instantly!
    I voted for teams I liked and kept track of. I feel like a guygone for voting for my own team but thats what noobs do

Thanks everyone! Very inspirational!

[CENTER]Ken's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow this was an amazing competition. Some of the best character designs I've ever seen!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW.

WOW !

Congrats to everybody, I waited like 15 minutes for the page to be loaded and WOW.
    Words can`t describe the sweetness in my eyes !!

48. The Following User Says Thank You to RevoLverZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for loveboys, sheer quantity and quality wins me over. I liked the blind goat the best

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Brotherhood of Heel because i love the good witch! It's absolutly perfect :-)

Well done everyone!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4