Is studying abroad really worth it?

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Is studying abroad really worth it?

I'm very interested in hearing other opinions about this; I personally have my heart set on Sheridan, but as I'm living in the UK, the complications that it would involve are a big worry.

Sheridan seems to be the perfect place for what I want to do, and the location is a huge appeal (aside from the idea of being so far away from home for such a long time), so being able to study there would be a dream come true. The main issue I see would be cost - I'm certainly not well-off, so I would likely struggle with fees even if I would be able to afford them at all, with the cost of living included.

So would it be more sensible to settle for somewhere closer to home?

Or should I go for what I really want and just figure out a way to make it work?

Obviously in the end this is completely my own decision, but I would appreciate some advice, especially if there are some of you who have been / are currently international students (anywhere, not just Sheridan of course). Or even what you personally would do in a similar situation.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I can tell you that in the future I want to do a Masters at SVA. It's in New York and I live in Toronto. My philosophy on it is, go for what I want and figure out how to do it later. If I have to save for two years to do it, then I'll do that. Now, the other thing is whether you really need what you want. That's a personal decision. By the way, I go to Sheridan and I can tell you that there's a few international students here. It's certainly harder; they pay much more plus accommodations. If there are no better schools closer to home and you have your heart set on it, though, it's entirely possible.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.