First off, I'm a bit uncertain wether or not this is good enough to be shown here. Second, I'll admit I got lazy and rushed it towards the end, but I consider it finished (time to move on, etc.). Hopefully that's not frowned upon.
I know there's a ton of errors in this, like inconsistant shading, anathomy flaws (These fiends were never meant to look "correct" anyways) and so on. But any and all feedback is appreciated.
It is certainly not frowned upon to ask for a critique
Let me start by saying that all my crits are only personal opinions. This does not feel finished to be honest. I quite like the idea and I think the monsters could look really ineteresting but as it stands now, the image is very very hard to read. You need more contrast of light/shadow in the areas of interest. Right now what the eye immediately registers are 2 white shapes and a black one which is shame because the monsters/characters can look really well if they only read well. I would suggest paly with the lighting on the some more. add some highlights or greys here and there; you say there were some inaccuracies you claim are intentional but even so, just make it more readable.
I do think it can be a really cool image. Hope it was helpful
Yeah, I do see what you mean. This is something I struggle quite a bit with. I tried adding some more light and contrast, and I think it's a bit more readable. But too tired to make a serious effort now, so it'll have to wait.
Anyways, thanks for commenting, it was helpful. And I'm glad you found the creatures somewhat satisfying
Dark... but excellent. For me some of the white needs extra weight on it to bring the figures out from the dark a bit more. That way the details won't be missed.
I agree with pauscorpi, the image is hard to read, there is a lot of noise. There are so many gray lines in the black you can't discern any real shapes, adding some more hi-lights would definitely help. I really like the idea and what you've got going though
Thanks Smellypunks & cbiscuit.
I did some alterations, I think it reads a bit better now.