Critiques on a sketch before I start coloring it?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Critiques on a sketch before I start coloring it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Critiques on a sketch before I start coloring it?

Just wondering if there's anything I can improve/ any mistakes that I haven't noticed before i clean the sketch up and start coloring it. thanks. Sorry about the really bad scan.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketch. Well if you are going to scan this in and paint digitally I would suggest expanding the canvas some. Either way though I think you need to complete the composition a little more. Right now you have mostly foreground but the good thing that you have going on with that foreground is you have some fun sweeping directional line with the scarf and leaves. I would say play with that a little further and have the movement go in to the BG a bit have a trial of those leaves leading to the girl from the back. Perhaps having the suggestion of a forest back there would rock too. By doing something like that not only would you create a sense of movement even more that you have now but you would also create more directional line and flow that will lead our eyes to the girl.

I hope that helps.

Imagination is not a total internal power but rather it is a reflection and multi-faceted projection of our experiences and knowledge. We take in information from the world around us and intuitively re-order it into something new. Something is not created from nothing but simply transformed from what was before.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ito Saith Webb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think what Ito Saith WEbb says is a really good advice; it will make the composition more dynamic. Two things that stand out to me are the scarf in front of her and the hand holding the scarf. I think that bit of the scarf doesnt exactly look smoothly flowing overall; i can't put my finger on it but maybe if you foreshortened it more or extended it a bit? The other thing is I am not quite sure how to read the hand holding the scarf; it looks a bit blocky to me , especially in the thumb area.

THat said, I like the sketch, I would love to see it coloured

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.